How did the first round of time capsules go for you?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO Addict, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Morally Upright Well-Known Player

Luckily, there were some pretty obvious ways of gaming and min/maxing the whole Time Capsule and Stabilizer setup that scale for each new set of time capsules that is released. Done on a small scale, you can have somewhere in the neighborhood of 90+ stabilizers ready to go on every Day One that a new time capsule is released (after a one-time ever upfront removal of $10 out of your RL wallet). So as more time capsules are introduced, it makes that one-time $10 spent seem to stretch on forever until the servers shut down.

Well, that is if you stick around and keep playing DCUO.
  2. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Don't worry Proxy, these are "Amazonian" boxes next, guaranteed weapons and creature items like Broken Amazonian Swords and Minatour Hooves. Who wants complex materials when you spend and get these items? :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Skull Collector Committed Player

I'm premium, played almost every day since they dropped, haven't been able to complete a single collection. Based on that alone, they're utter crap, over rated Promethium Boxes. Putting materials in them is a complete rip off. Head mods, don't care. I got a few gear pieces but I'm saving them for a water toon I was going to make (if water is even still on the table at this point). I used to log in to complete styles and make money off of things like these, and now IDGAF enough about the game to even do that.

TC's can go away or stay, I really couldn't care at this point. The styles and Phoenix material in the new one are sweet, but not sweet enough to stress over shyte RNG percentages, and logging in every day to run a twenty second event.
    • Like x 4
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

It was brilliant. I did practically quit the game over it, haven't logged in for at least 1.5 months, sunk about 100 bucks into other games by now and am only here because this specific day seems to be a nexus of downtimes for online games.... Sorta surprised that Daybreak is about a month early with their new episode - possibly they lost too many players over the extended period without new content already so they needed to rush. The update will tell it to you folks :D If you dare to play on a patchday, that is....
  5. Not him Well-Known Player

it was quite a waste of time,rare collections are way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rare,so are the bulky crusader pieces and emblems despite dropping more often are always the same ones,but I sold 6 complex materials and some idgaf useless helmet mods for billions and bought two batcaves.
  6. CHUD Loyal Player

I didn't get a time capsule.....

I got a time suppository instead.

(try getting that visual out of your head)

(it's not working,.....is it. It's stuck there in your mind and it won't go away)

(not even therapy or a 5th of Jack Daniels is helping)

(No....talking to your mother about it won't make that image go away either)

(just deal with the fact that the time suppository is there......there's no hope of that image getting out of your mind)

(hey......what about going for nachos right about now??? I'm in the mood for Taco Bell right about now for some odd reason)

(....and the time suppository idea is still stuck in your head......)

(okay,...fine....call your mother if it will help.....she'll probably go on and on about how you never bother to write or call or even send her a nice fruit basket while she's there in the home all alone)

(What's that???? No I don't want to sign up for a lifetime subscription to "The Watchtower". Go away with you)

(.....so anyway that's how the panda bear escaped from the zoo, robbed a convenient store and why I NEED a lawyer....)
    • Like x 1
  7. Creidh Active Player

I was able to complete the collections from them, and I have all but the head piece for the Future Crusader gear, problem is now, the only thing I get out of the boxes are repeat over repeat of everything that I already have and I have more than 100 of them left. It kinda makes me wonder if the rest of them are just going to be repeats of everything I already have and if that's the case, I'm just wasting RL money opening them unless I keep spamming the broker with $1, $10, and $20 items from them... I actually make a lot of IG money that way, pretty fast too...And that seems to be the only benefit I get from them now.
  8. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

I deleted them immediately. I still have 130 of the old capsules. I'll use my stabilizers on those every four days.