Highest Pve Dps power right now?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ItsBlizzardHD, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ItsBlizzardHD New Player

Im new to DCUO and I want to be a good DPS role. I'm currently using Ice DPS and I find that im easily beaten on the leaderboards by other people. So i was wondering whats the best Dps power right now?
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ice.

Work on your SP, allocate it so that you have all Critical Attack Chance and Critical Attack Damage bonuses, spend a little money on the Lair system to get some tactical mods, and maybe invest a little time or effort in modding your gear. At the very least the 'Critical Ability Attack Chance' pieces.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Electric
    • Like x 3
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Power won't help u if you don't have tactical mods and don't know what your doing.
    • Like x 1
  5. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

Electric and Nature currently are the best ones.
    Choose any of these 2 powers and go full might+dominance. You will be the top dps.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Ice is one of the best dps powersets in PVE.

If your getting beaten chances are it's by
    • Someone using earth, gadgets, or mental. (These three can keep up and surpass ice in some cases)
    • The player has better CR or more SP then you.

If there's any other powerset I'd try out It'd be Earth, Sorcery, or munitions.

Yes gadgets and mental can keep up, but they're a little bit harder to understand than the above powersets in my opinion.

Or you could stick with ice.

For ice try this:
    • Wintry tempest, clipped with cold snap, ice bash(hit these 3 powers at the same time) Then start firing arctic gust/avalanche.
    • You can use Ice Elemental, but that's currently being regarded as an exploit.
    • With this loadout you can have two free slots to play around with, so choose what works best for you.
  7. tinoman Dedicated Player

Nature for the win.
  8. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

No No No...
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

All joking BS aside.
    Earth has the highest DPS potential of any power in game.right this moment.

2 prec buffs + flipslash + crystal + speed drain will beat ANY power in game with equally geared and skilled players.
    • Like x 2
  10. Delta796th Loyal Player

So Fire and Quantum w/ full precision spec and empowered channeling?

J/k
    • Like x 1
  11. ItsBlizzardHD New Player

Oh okay thank you for your help! :)
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Using this loadout is the bread and butter of ice. I found it best to use phased ode if your a speedster. You can rifle tap after every power and cut animations. Using the quantum consumable and being ahead of the group. Hitting those mobs before other do. That's how you scoreboard chase.

If you want to enjoy the game play how you like. That's not going to put you at the top of the biards, which mean nothing, but you'll have fun.
    • Like x 2
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

To be top DPS Crappy created a thread on what to do. If you follow Crappy advice you will almost be top and probably be shun by quite a few players.

As for top powers, soon all should be closer in damage.

Celestial, Light, Rage, Munitions, Gadgets, Atomic, Fire, Ice, Mental and Quantum have all received mid range damage. These powers in proper player hands can produce equal or similar damage.

Earth, Sorcery, Nature and Electric all have yet to receive mid range balance.

If you are looking for an easy to use power all of the following fall into this category: Ice, Munitions, Atomic, Gadgets, Mental, Quantum, Earth, and Sorcery.

If you want powers that require a bit more out of you: Light, Celestial, Rage, Nature, Electric and Fire.
  14. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Yes! Finally someone who knows how to Dps!
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I dont get my loadouts from videos. I'm kind of old school and find my own way. But anyone else that wants to run one loadout for ice is more than welcome to follow all of the NEW ICE DPS BEAST LOADOUT.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So I just watched a video of evil crappy doing good damage with a ranged loadout. Using ice bolder. I have not really done pve since xmas. My loadout may be dated. Usually speed wins, but in his video. He is range and doesn't have the max dmg mod. So if that's how ice is run now. Nope, I have no clue. ;)
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Pssst...I was using IE before it became a fade than I switched powers as I started to see other copy me...LOL...

When Bombshell was the top raid I would go into the raid with 2 SC.

I played around with Ice and only my league mate Syndicor beat me and it was the day I switched from Light over to Ice where all my mods were precision still. Once I got my mods fixed, he and I were always 1 and 2 and normally I would be 1 unless I spent a majority of the instance doing pick ups. I switched as I wanted to see how the tanking side of Ice fared, not so much the DPS side, but I rarely got to play tank and the few times I did, I did not like it as much as Earth and now I dislike Earth and only really like Atomic for tanking.

My preference or love of a power change, the only power I have always enjoyed has been Light. My second favorite is Nature followed by Rage.
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

no it won't; it'll beat enough midcarders to let you think that's the case though, and since that's what the OP is actually asking for technically you're right. ish.
  19. Sam Hannah Well-Known Player

The power of Mint is the highest DPS power.
  20. Delta796th Loyal Player

There is NO power out there that in even skilled hands can match Eartth.
    2 precision buffs + FS + Crystal + Speed drain wins

You just haven't ran into the right Earth player.