Hey Devs, could you comment on SC generators?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Feb 13, 2018.

1. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I only said shields because I main healer on my heal class toons. I personally feel all abilities should generate sc evenly. But for some reason the devs feels the need to limit us to choosing only 5 of the 6 powers we use while 1 of the 6 is predetermined due to it being a sc generator. But if they are going to continue doing this then healer, troll and tank should have a sc generator and a different power to gen sc for their dps role.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

I see where you're coming from then.
    I think the SC generation by powers are determinded by animationlength and powercosts (?). Also weapon combos do generate SC.
    Using a 50% SC I really don't have issues keeping it up for raids as a healer, if I enter it with full SC.

Trolls usually use the SC generator all the time. There is "no issue".
    Idk about tanks.. my earth tank doesn't use Supercharges at all. I can see some usage for atomic and fire using their SCs.

Another Idea I saw on the forums is that the devs could implement a weapon mod to generate SC.
    • Like x 2
  3. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Yea I saw that too and would be freaking awesome.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

From a DPS angle - I think they purposefully chose the weaker burst hitting powers but boosted them with the SC generator to supposedly make them more "equal" to harder hitting burst ones - if that males sense ?
    • Like x 1
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

I think thy decided on a SC generator and then "nerfed" the damage.
    Or just make a new power for it (Celestial).

That the SC generators hit less "makes sense" because they have an additional effect and oyu have to decide between SC or better burst on a consistent base.
    Also they're used for PI often.

Just remembered.. Waters generator is a DoT.

______

The concept of a SC generator is well thought. I like that idea, but they didn't choose good powers.
    For example the electricity one is for the Polarized PI and MIdrange
    Earth is a melee (or midrange?!) skill
    Celestial ones isn't that great damagewise, but there it lacks a good Supercharge.

I don't want SC generator mandatory for dps loadouts. There should be options (SC vs consistent damage), but the options should be for everyone. Some powers just have useless generators, that really don't work in any way for somewhat "competitive" damage.
    Trolls can always use them That's a good thing, but healers can't. Again the healers (wow.. less damageoutput wihtout a reason... no SC generator for support role). And I think tanks also don't have really usefull once. Earth can use unstoppable, but it's only solid to juggle adds. But earth tanks don't use SC. Idk about the other tank powers though.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

All super charge generators should preform like earths end of story.

For tank powers, earth and rage can use theirs, because it's beneficial. Atomics makes no sense since a PI isn't needed with the aura on. I don't get how atomics is the most useless and didn't get to be the strongest. Makes a lot of sense. Not even sure what ice uses for SCG, but I don't believe most use it, or fire. Earths, to me, is OP being that you can use it to clip other powers.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I don't actually see any changes being made. These have all been in games since last June, along with out broken weapons. Kind of tired of seeing threads from greens asking for suggestions when they have been here for months.

Even the Lobo style isn't bringing me back this time. I either need to see real changes to our play, or my break could become retirement. :)

I need PvP in my life, and dcuo doesn't help fill my need.
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

Enjoy the break! :)
    My helped me last time to not give to much fks about the game and instead just play with friends. .and less than before! :)
    • Like x 2