Hey Devs, could you comment on SC generators?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

There is a thread going on this already, but I thought it deserved a bit more discussion after in game discussion with some friends.

Currently not all SC generators are good for both roles. As I looked thru the powers that did this it's become increasingly clear that they aren't all as good.

The controller powers got a really good deal, as they all all seem to be a PI applicator (good for dps) but also a debuf which is good for the Control side. Then I looked at the Healing powers and well....NOT SO MUCH. Electricty for example has Static push (acceptable dps) but does absolutely nothing in heal role. Same can be said for Celestial and Sorcery.

I don't t tank much anymore so I cannot really comment, but this seems like not all were equally viable. I mean why have a SC artifact that speeds these up and not use powers both sides would use.

Please keep comments at least courteous as I and others I know would really like this to be addressed and not just have thread shut down.
    • Like x 5
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Gadgets isn’t quite as well off as it looks because encasements SUCK. End of story. I heard revamp originally got rid of them... who the heck lobbied to get them back? So I don’t use it on my gadgets troll loadout and honestly, I really don’t feel very handicapped versus my other trolls that do use theirs. Honestly my munitions troll feels way worse off with her power guzzling debuffs/stuns and broken aggro dump shield that only lasts half as long as the others.

I guess the point I’m making is that if your power’s supercharge generator sucks, it’s not the end of the world. I’m not saying it shouldn’t be addressed, but you know how long it takes to get things adjusted around here and I just wanted to assure you that they’re not essential in the meantime. :)
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

I agree engagements can be a pain, but you could still use it as a controller (LWS and Anamoly are great for Q and HL)

But why create something that can't really be used? That's the problem with most Healer power SC gens. Your loadout is going to be made up of healing powers (none of which Ive seen to be SC gens)
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

All SC generators carry a degree of compromise, even in control role. Encasements suck, but Stasis Field is also a defense debuff. The problem? The other defense debuff, guass grenade, uses less power, has a shorter cooldown and has a more standard, less annoying stun effect.

On munitions, the SC is an attack debuff. The other attack debuff uses the same amount of power but has a shorter cooldown and actually stuns (Shrapnel gl just knocks them down). Not even nearly as big a compromise as what you’re telling me healers have to make, I grant you but console yourself with the fact that we don’t get off absolutely scot free. Until they fix it anyway, which I do agree needs to happen based on the information you’ve provided. :)
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It didn't get rid of them, but it made it so that the "ball" encasements would be stuck to the ground rather than rolling all around the place, which is supposed to have made it live with the revamp. I don't play Gadgets, Mental or Light - which all have ball encasements - so I have never tried them, but they shouldn't be rolling around anymore and I think they were re-programmed to allow more attacks to actually work on them (but I'm not 100% on that part).
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I know they still block weapons and a few munitions abilities. As a well known purveyor of both those things, I refuse to impede my fellow enthusiasts :D
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I don't remember where I saw this, but I read that supercharge generators don't work with the Supercharge Artifact...so I guess the artifact makes up for not having a usable SCG for your role. I don't know...
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I actually like that that happens because it narrows the gap between people using the generators and people not using them. I thought revamp was all about abilities being non-compulsory.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The artifact increases SC gain so you can use SC abilities, and is not something that increases the SC generators. That said, open to suggestions on what would make for better SC generators in whichever powers you think are lacking them.
    • Like x 6
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

..Mepps answered while I was typing
    • Like x 1
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Just to clarify.
    It does not enhance the SC generator, but does work in tandem?
    As for those lacking the obvious would be any healing power. Right now none of the SC generator powers actually heal. It would be a good move in making these viable to the healing side as SC are pretty much a staple for healers.
    • Like x 2
  12. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I don’t know if you play electric or not but static push is one of the crappiest powers electric has especially for a sc generator. How they decided which powers would be the sc generator is beyond me. It’s like they just picked the first power they saw. If only there was some threads with some concord on how to bring better balance to some power sets and what changes could be made........

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...fire-viable-again-some-ideas-on-fixes.293177/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/time-to-give-all-powersets-just-1-pi.293867/
    • Like x 1
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

Assuming this is about DPS. This isn't entirely true though...
    I have a friend with identical CR and within 30 SP of me ,same power Quantum and identical rotation except 1 power. I used Time shift vs his Anamoly..

In parse I was Around 2k dps above him because Tshift hits harder. However in every raid he would outperform me simply because he was getting his SC off many more times due to his SC generator.
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

I do...my main alt is as fully geared Electric DPS and healer. I also agree Static push is a head scratcher, and maybe these discussions will lead to some change. My point was that all healer roles don't have a viable SC generator.
    • Like x 1
  15. krytine Loyal Player

Electric in healer role is missing one as in something to benefit the healing side
    • Like x 1
  16. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

I'd like to see all powers be SC generators and for the need for a specific SC generator power taking up a valuable power slot to go away.
    Can't think of a good enough reason for this to exist in the universe.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The SC generators for most troll powersets aren't much help either as far as debuffs go, unless you really, really want to toss healing debuffs and the odd damage out debuff, lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Have you gotten your Artifact above 80? Each debuff gives power to you and 7 other equal to 6% of your VIT and they stack. Now add to that you are also using a SC generator? You and your group have power for days and your building SC so fast its insane.

I honestly took off my power dump as its a 300 power which gives you NO power back and am much better for it.
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'd defiantly like each role to have a SCG that works, for their role. As an atomic tank, I'd love to have a SCG in my loadout. I run the 8man shield. I think if the revamp was intended to be able to play SC focused, they should have set it up that way, and not just for dps. Sure the troll roles have their defense debuff, but I agree with another poster. The gadgets one encases things, and only a few powers actual explode encased enemies, so why? I think lik3 another poster had said, why not have the SCG be the self shield. We all have them, and they'd technically be useful is both roles. They could have also made a damage and role specific SCG, but didn't. The powers that were chosen really do look like quarter flips. Look at the earth SCG, I believe it's the only one that can be used AS a clip, rather than needing clipped. I'm ready to see a change.
    • Like x 3
  20. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Nah, I enjoy mental's supercharge generator. I don't want people that don't play my role to speak for me.
    • Like x 1