Help on my toon's stats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Batgirl, Dec 8, 2014.

1. The Batgirl New Player

Hey guys! I'm deciding to increase my stats on my toon. My toughness is kind of low, so I'm trying to figure out how to increase it. Possibly through SPs? Anyway, looking at the stats below, what can I do to increase each of the stats? Do you think I'm doing well? :/ Btw, picture of the outfit is OUTDATED. =_=

Thanks!

http://www.dcuolive.com/Character/Show?CharacterId=281500748526619&WorldId=1
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Toughness is a stat for PvP. Getting PvP gear will raise it. If you don't PvP don't worry about it.

Other than that, all stats are raised by gear and SP. Keep working on both and you'll see the numbers go up as you go. You're missing quite a few solo and exploration feats, I would work on knocking those out and then going into more duos and alerts. Area 51 alert has a few loops/areas with a ton of orange and red barrels, so after you beat the instance don't leave, but go back by yourself and break them all for awhile... That should help you knock out those feats easily as well.
    • Like x 2
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

what fester said. Toughness and Defense are interchangeable. Defense is for PvE and Toughness is for PvP. Not only that, but make sure you're wearing the correct gear ... PvP gear that grants Toughness is going to be completely disabled in PvE, like you're wearing nothing at all :oops:

When you're levelling up, the two stats you care about most (assuming that armor isn't see-through because you're wearing it in the wrong phase) are Health and Precision. Once you hit endgame content, as a damager, you want to go for DPS (weapon stat), then Precision/Might, then the other stats depending on your loadout/power/playstyle. How much Precision versus Might is a big debate, and things change, so usually it's best to go for balance.

Defense reduces the amount of damage to you take. It is what an attack has to penetrate to take your health away. But it takes roughly 4 Defense to protect 1 Health point. So, between Health and Defense, go for Health.

Generally, here's the difference between Might and Precision. Might increases damage done from powers. They are the yellow damage numbers. Precision increases damage done from weapon attacks. They are the white damage numbers. It takes more Might to see an increase in base damage than it does Precision, which is why gear and mods always has more Might than Precision. I said "Generally." It can be more complicated than that for some powers - Hard Light, Rage, Earth, Celestial - who's initial cast does Might damage, but then it's followed by Precision damage.
    • Like x 2