Having your own vehicles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Batgirl, Dec 9, 2014.

1. The Batgirl New Player

First of all, I know there's threads like this but I couldn't help myself, ha..

Have you ever wanted a motorcycle for yourself? A Bat-Mobile? A car? A invisible jet? If DCUO added those options in the next update or someday, I would be so happy enough to cry, lol.

Just a list of things that would be great in DCUO:
    - You can buy a vehicle with in-game cash.
    - You can summon your vehicle via the map.
    - You can travel anywhere with your vehicle.
    etc...

Honestly, what do you think? This would be epic!

Those pics aren't real...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. K7 Leetha New Player

I like it.
    • Like x 1
  3. ChuckLess New Player

The flying vehicles I could kinda see. But even then, the maps are so small there would really be no point. Land based? No way.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Oh joy this is back again :(.

We were given movements that negate the need of vehicles, add that to the fact that the maps cant support them means its not going to happen.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ivar New Player

This.

Though the invisible mini-jet would do nicely for yet another flight power variant. But I think WW was more like surfing the thing?
    Never got into the Wonder Woman comics to figure that one out.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

The open-world areas are too small to fit this concept, it would become dull. However, just to include them somehow, the iconic vehicles should become available as base-items for our league halls and bases! Better than nothing, right?
  7. The Batgirl New Player

True!! :)
  8. The Batgirl New Player

Well, if the maps were bigger, than maybe it could support them.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

That "IF" is the dealbreaker though. All the work they would have to put in to make open-areas large enough to benefit vehicles wouldn't be worth it. I'd still say we should get the various iconic vehicles as base-items though. My league would probably love having the Bat-mobile displayed in our central room by the statues in the League Hall. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

If as a trinket can be fun but as a movement mode it dont think it will happen, although expect new styles of movement modes who knows maybe in the aerial style a light construct jet for example?
    • Like x 1
  11. Vendrick New Player

Its a fun idea but i dont think it would work all that good in the game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dezaras Loyal Player

It'd be a fun touch but imagine the traffic congestion if every player was in vehicle mode...
    • Like x 2
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

I think it would make an excellent movement trinket.. (The flying vehicles at least... Though I think Motorcycles are also small enough to also be a viable and fun Superspeed trinket.)

As for full sized cars? Give us a Vehicle Based PvP mode.
    • As it's own mode, the Devs are free to design special PvP maps that are specifically designed to accommodate vehicles racing around and blowing each other apart.(And they don't need to be all that big, like for instance you could have one map called "Knightsdome Demolition Derby" which as you could guess takes place inside the Knightsdome Arena...
    • New amenity: Garage; Allows us to create our own custom car for use in the mode.(Such as tweaking the paint job, swapping out weapons and general saving of the vehicles load-out. Like Armories we get one for free so we can play the PvP mode, though if we want more vehicle save slots we would need to buy them from the MP. Each lair can only support two Garages.(Dive can only hold one.)
    • Demolition Map: Welcome to a Demolition Derby, maps tend to be on the smallish size with sparse cover, with somewhere between four to eight players all trying to be the last diver driving... All and all it's basically exactly what you would expect from such a battle.(Perhaps with special Guest appearances from the Batmobile, Jokers Pink Cadillac with Harley behind the wheel, Some sort of Gizmo-Mobile driven by Gizmo, Cyborg in the T-Car... ect...)
    • Combat Race: The goal here is to make it through all the checkpoints before the other guy does, maps may be a bit bigger than the Derby ones, but don't expect to go off the path(with the exception of the occasional hidden shortcut.), these maps tend to be somewhat linear... There are checkpoints.(Crash or get destroyed by enemy attacks and you restart at the last checkpoint. Three laps, first one to finish is the winner. Requires at least two players.)
    • Test Track: Actually a single player mode where you just practice you driving on the maps used in the Combat Races... Perhaps with a record of your best lap time for you to try to best...)
    • Mode Specific Consumables: No Soders, instead you get things like Oil Slicks, Tire Spikes(To pop the tires of enemy cars), Mines, and of course nitro(For well timed speed boosts)
    • Like x 1
  14. Minnion Devoted Player

Honestly I think the devs could be creative in the implementation of vehicles... Movement modes redundant with vehicles? Make the vehicle portion of the game it's own set of instances.(No need to worry about how vehicles work in the open world because they are confined to specially designed PvP instances.) Maps can't support them? Well with the above suggestion with them being their own set of instances... (I'd probably start out with two instances in PvP mode.... Who knows maybe this would be fun for players who hate conventional PvP... ) What does SoE get out of it? Well they could get some more money(With MP items like different cars to race with, storage space for said cars so we can save our customization job, customization items like hubcaps and wheels....) Other exciting possibilities? Seeing parts of Gotham not included on the open world map... A chance to test our vehicles against the Batmobile and Police Crusers. (Maybe a driving segment in some PvE content where Batman hands us the keys of the Batmobile.)
    • Like x 1
  15. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Dcuo uses the unreal engine. Unreal Tournament 2 had mods that had vehicles that were operational. People have created race tracks and raced various vehicles on them. I think it was UT2 which has thousands of player made maps. So theoretically it could be done. I'm not so sure that Dcuo would want to.
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

This can very well happen if the Dev's can expand both cities.