Handling Rude Players?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Advice since yes, many dif scenarios etc are being debated.
    To you specifically in what ur asking here.
    Yes, get older and wiser hahaha
    Seriously tho, no, reporting should almost never be the go-to move (theres certainly a time an place tho!!!)
    Follow the progressive steps the devs designed into the game for us to use
    1) kick from instance or leave yourself, then move on. Let it go and just move on an find nicer peeps to play with (theres lots of us)
    2) add them to ignore, you cant see or hear them ever again until you remove them from ignore (this step will solve 99.9% of the issues)
    3) report them. At this poin they will have went out of their way to stalk/troll/bully etc. this is for the most extreme situations. This is for after you have taken the steps designed for us to use to alleviate the issue

Thats the best advice i can give, its the least abbrassive course, and the most effective overall at getting results
  2. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

Terribly mean. No reason for it.
    • Like x 1
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Lengthy pointless ******** defending TOS violations elided.

Yes, all violations of TOS should be reported.

Even a child is familiar with "two wrongs don't make a right."

If this bothers you, here's a hint: don't violate the TOS. Whatever the reason. Not "with friends," not because you can't control your temper over what others say, nada, nothing, never.

And you'll have nothing to worry about. Period, end of story.
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Here's an idea: have you ever considered not violating the TOS even in what you regard as "small" ways?

No? Consider it. Better, do it.

Grow up. You'll have no problems with being banned if you do that.
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Few intentional TOS violators respond to anything other than a ban.

Reporting as a "first resort" is fine, so long as it's a genuine TOS violation.

Saying otherwise doesn't make it so. The only people who have anything to worry about are TOS violators. Which is their choice.
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I never worry about people throwing fake reports about me, I know what I do and say and none of it constitute anything that's against the TOS and I am confident the devs are thorough when investigating. If he's worried about people throwing fake reports about him, there's probably something else going on.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's easy to tell who the TOS violators on the forums are.

They're the people who are opposed to reporting TOS violations. Pretending to worry about "innocent" "other people" is simply one of their many many excuses. Their main, if not only, concern is to encourage people to let them get away with TOS violations.

That simple.

The actual innocent have nothing to fear here. (In real life, yes. In this game, no.)
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

You see, I have to disagree. I don't use the chat much but when I do, I keep it very PG. I don't know the whole story and I'm not saying your friend was guilty but if he/she was reported and banned, something had to be going on or something was found. I think we have a responsibility as players to make sure our conduct follows the TOS and the guidelines.

I do agree that a due process should be followed but we can't force everyone to follow it. The developers responsibility lies in the fact that a thorough investigation has to be done to make sure the person's report is legitimate or not. We should also have an option to contest reports or bans.

Yes you are right, the initial course of action should be to exercise restraint and politeness but you and I both know that won't always be put in effect by the community.
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Oh it definitely is. People are usually scared of random reports because there's something underlying that could comprise their account.
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Speaking of handling rude players, I note that a certain someone now hasn't posted in the last couple of hours. Some kind of ban, whether temporary or (less likely, but more deserved) or permanent , I hope.

Maybe not -- maybe he's just having lunch -- but if it's any kind of ban, THANK YOU, MEPPS!

Of course, it's a safe bet that if it's a temporary ban, you can bet he'll be back complaining about how completely undeserving of a ban he was. And if he wasn't banned, he'll be back soon to proclaim that fact.

Some people never learn. (Including that sprinkling some praise of the devs in-between insulting everyone on the forums won't help.)

And that's all I'll say about that and that poster. (If you want to delete this comment, Mepps, I'll understand completely.)
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Perhaps a ban evasion attempt? The timing seems suspect...
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]

Ok I'm done derailing, lol.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I know you're talking about me. Because obviously everyone talks about me. But I'm still here.

P.S. - I know you're not really talking about me. This was an attempt to make a humorous interlude. It didn't work. I still posted it anyway.

Then, to try to salvage the post, I looked up a gif to add artificial humor. That didn't work either. I still posted it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

An "unfair" report could always be highly subjective and is by no means a legit reason to try and sway the population from using the report function. The mods are ultimately the judge of what punishment is or isn't in place, so are you saying that the mods shouldn't do their job or may it just be so that some of you are hoping to "duck" a punishment that may just so be in place for said activity being reported?

All in all, everybody should be reporting behavior and issues that may be against the TOS. That may concern exploits, hacks, broken instances/mechanics aswell as rude/toxic behavior. Without sufficient proof/data, you won't be punished. Nobody that doesn't deserve it will lose their accounts unless their own actions warrants it. If a mistake has been made, the player/account in question can always file a ticket and the account should be restored accordingly.

This whole "DoN't SnItCh"-thing is just childish, and does more harm for the game and population than anything else. We want solutions to problems if there is one, right?
    • Like x 4
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Wavedox them, tell them their failings, watch response, add to ignore.