GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Huh maybe for PVP mods then?
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The prefab mods are for PvP.
  3. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Ah, yes, thanks! I had forgotten that the Synthetics were removed from the PvE vendors, but I had some left over in my inventory and just used those. It works on the ones from the PvP vendors.

As a separate point:
    I really hate that the synthetic mods are removed from the PvE vendors. I mean, I really, strongly disagree with this. Obviously, the synthetic mods should give much lower stats, but they shouldn't be removed all together. Please bring them back and add them to the T7 vendors! Crafting mods for multiple alts and/or while leveling up is just horrible, imo.
    • Like x 8
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I saw penryn asked about syn mods and there was no answer. I dont see it in any patch notes for the recent hotfixes to test. I think most would agree changes like this should be communicated. Because how do people figure out if its a bug or if its intended? I use em on my alts for the dual role. I know some of us would appreciate an answer on this. Thanks mepps.

Also id echo what was said above^. When a new episode comes out and we replace vendor gear with green, then blue, then purple gear and eventually back to vendor do u guys expect people to craft mods for all of that? Yes people could use the mod removal kit but sometimes u may replace 1 piece 2,3 times a day. And that costing 20 MoV i dont think is a realistic cost when it comes to this situation. Because for a new episode people will be using their MoV to buy gen mod plans and purifiers for gear mods. Not to mention people have alts and dual role on those alts. The cost for crafting mods on multiple toons imo is also not realistic.
    • Like x 3
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Would be nice if the MoV cap wasn't only 100, then maybe we can afford the pricing.
    • Like x 3
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Yup agreed.
    • Like x 1
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

I know that's on test but has a Dev Confirmed this will be on live? I have alts that use Synth, I just don't have the time to grind and make mods for my alts. I hope this is just on test an it will not be taken away from live. Will Synth mods be removed from live?
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

This is one of the changes i hated the most.
    Would be sooo nice if they added the breakouts back.
    • Like x 2
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I purchased as many Synth Mods as I can for my Alts.
    Major Crafting for them is not an option.
  10. L T Devoted Player

You don't do Downward Smash for the damage. You do it for the crowd control.

Good post though.
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, developers please don't get crazy with the difficulty of normal content. The people on the forums who are testing the revamp aren't really representative of the average skill level I see in game. My joy at having more freedom with loadouts will quickly sour if I find I can't finish any content anymore.
    • Like x 3
  12. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

You forgot that feats will also be much harder to do now.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don't mind that too much, I see feats as a sort of optional challenge. Plus you only have to do them once. I was so proud the first time I finished Darkseid's War Factory, but it quickly deflated when I realised that to really benefit from it, I'd have to do it again and again and again.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

To add onto this how are players going to have enough essence to mod both roles of a toon while also creating gen mods? Its very concerning that we are not getting an answer on this. Anyone can do the math on how many essence we get per week with AoJ and see how many mods u need to dual role and create 12 gen mods. Doesnt seem to add up from what i see. If my math is correct it would take 16 weeks to mod for both roles on 1 toon and 12 gen mods. Thats 4 months.
    • Like x 3
  15. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Bumping this question.

Is the removal of the Synthetic equipment mods from the PvE vendors on purpose or a bug?

(Really, really hoping it's a bug.)
    • Like x 3
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have updated the patch notes from yesterday with the missed note:

Mods
    • The mod transition plan has been implemented! Check your in-game mail for details and instructions.
    • Mods should now have the correct Weaponization values (Precision and Might mods get this bonus).
    • Synthetic Mods are no longer available to purchase from vendors.
    • Like x 2
  17. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Very much appreciate the response and adding the information to the update notes. I very, very strongly disagree with the decision to remove Synthetic mods and hope that you all will reconsider.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Bad idea.
    What are Premium players gonna do now Mepps? We can't mod outside of the Early tiers because of our limited Cash Cap. So unless the items needed for mods to be crafted Get their priced lowered to 2000 or We get a cash cap increase; you've just effectively eliminated modding and additional stats for every single player who's not subbed.

Not happy with this decision at all.
    • Like x 6
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Agree 100%. See my posts above about modding green, blue, etc gear. The cost of mod removal kits and MoV cost for mats for gear/gen mods. And the amount of time it takes to mod for both roles and gen mods on 1 toon because of how many essence players get per week. Not to mention alts and dual rolling on alts. I do not understand this decision at all.
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Couldn't players just utilize Betas in their secondary gear until they are ready to mod that gear with stronger mods? At least that is what I do for my secondary role. Just an idea and what I do as I have never used a Synthetic Mod in PVE (they never felt worth the mark cost to me).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.