GU73: Overall Damage Balance

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mighty, Jul 18, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I've only got part way through super testing but so far they all do roughly the same damage depending on if they are a 100% or a 50%.
  2. L T Devoted Player

I haven't retested recently, but most of the supercharges were balanced pretty precisely-- that is, all the 50% supercharges did about the same amount of damage, and all the 100% supers did the same amount. There were a couple of "wildcards"-- Electric's Circuit Breaker and Neo-Venom Boost depend a lot on how things go after you use them-- but for the most part they seemed really well balanced.

Outliers: Sorcery's Arbiter of Destiny and Grand Summoning were both very strong. Using Blizzard from inside of Ice Elemental was very strong. Using any supercharge from inside of Invisibility or Stealth gives very strong damage. None of these seemed like game-breaking advantages.

Haven't tested any of Nature's form-change supercharges yet. Nor any Celestial's or Munitions at all.
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Heres a list of where the non crit buff/damage modifying supers are at. They all seem to be in the same general area except about 3 that need a buff and 2 that need a nerf, but all and all not bad.

I've messed with some of the crit buff supers and they are very underwhelming and need some help. Other supers like Zerk, Circuit breaker and Neo are good cause their just strait damage increases. I don't have all the data for them yet but if i get around to it i'll post that up to.

[IMG]

Heres a note for Ballistic Assault that was to long to fit on the chart but I wanted to make sure this got pointed out.

Ballistic Assault stands out as too strong on paper, but it comes with some caveats. First, it's a channelled super that requires your character stay in the channel for the duration to get full damage. Any kind of bump or damage in breaks the channel and the damage and SC are lost, so there's significant risk/reward. Second, because you're standing in the channel, your character can't be doing any other kind of damage, and light has some of the worst passive damage in the game, so compared to drop and forget supercharges, ballistic assault's DPS may actually be in-line to mediocre.
    • Like x 2