GU51 Mental Buff?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I know rage got a nerf on test, while mental got a buff, rage frenzy with the "over buff" was still behind ice, mental, and gadgets at a more dangerous range. Blatant misinformation was what the devs did with "there is no mid-range". I know the test rage is stronger than live, i'm talking about the nerf that was before the test rage was released. The test y'all are doing is good, but meanwhile on the live server the population is dropping waiting on a brand new round of balance
    • Like x 1
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What "facts" do i ignore? Please point them out to me. Because i state facts, not let other people tell me what the facts are suppose to be. I bet your league don't have no rage dps in it that dps regularly.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

How many dps you know that don't use mods? When did dps not using mods become a thing? I've seen 126 dps kicked from raids because of no mods. Power have been getting fixed and tested with mods, but now it don't make sense. Balance power around no mods, and then rebalance them with mods. G'luck with the new formula, i just hope the population don't drop further waiting on the new round of testing
    • Like x 2
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

Buffs and nerfs are about addition and subtraction. If the net result is positive at the end of the day, proper language would be to call it a buff. If you go around telling players that rage was nerfed without acknowledging the buff that came first and without acknowledging that the end result is still a buff then you are spreading misinformation by calling it a nerf. You're leading people to believe Rage was given a net subtraction when that's not the case. At best, you should be saying that is wasn't buffed enough. But saying it was nerfed is not a representative statement.

Furthermore Rage, Ice, Mental and Gadgets are doing pretty equivalent damage at 0m (TRUE MELEE). The only point at which they start to diverge is when you approach 12.5m (MIDRANGE). It has been said more times than should be needed that this update is only to address imbalances at TRUE MELEE and RANGE. It is not to balance MIDRANGE. It is not to balance MIDRANGE. It is not to balance MIDRANGE. So if you keep basing your assessment based on MIDRANGE performance then you're clearly not listening.

It has also been communicated that these adjustments are going to be based on Tunso Tests (unmodded tests). Maybe the argument can be made that balance with Tunso Tests don't scale correctly once you mod your gear. But they've come forth and said that after they've balanced to the Tunso Tests, they plan on addressing scaling in a future update. They plan on addressing scaling in a future update. They plan on addressing scaling in a future update. So if you base your assessment based on how the powers scale when fully modded (RD mods and Mainframe mods), then you're clearly not listening.
    • Like x 2
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea I am / was seeing 110-111k hits on mass terror in the duo's at CR125, and anywhere from 60-90k on mass terror in NGN / HH still at CR125.

now mass lev I was only seeing around 35k-47k at best granted it shouldn't be hitting any higher as it is range and there's no risk involved in it.

but I was just as shocked when I heard mental was getting a buff. have they forgot about HL nature and electrics buffs?
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

facts ^

rages melee is scary good lmao

I had a CR124 rage melee nearly out DPS me in a duo, and we stayed with 1 another neither 1 ran ahead trying to get ahead on scoreboard ect.

at the end I had a little over 100k more dmg out, and Im CR126.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

I think that can be a good example but I do have to acknowledge that duos are more driven by burst damage than sustained damage. The devs are clearly focusing solely on sustained damage right now. I'm hoping intentional imbalance is introduced to accommodate burst vs. sustained and simplicity vs. complexity and interruptibility but that's also clearly not the intent of this round of updates.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm coming forward? I responded to a post that was made, not the op. I'm just gonna back away from this, hope the population don't drop further waiting for another round of balancing
    • Like x 1
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Rage melee has been good awhile now, the problem is players can't do it in raids
  10. Saybro Committed Player

Using a duo is not a good example for comparing powers.
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You are missing the fact that RAGE overall got a buff. One ability on the final combo move got adjusted to be inline with the rest of Rage combo moves. That last combo move is still hitting harder than it is today on the live system, therefore what you will get with Rage are buff and not a nerf. You only looked at one fact and not the full list of facts.

Has anyone put up spreadsheet illustrating powers melee and range damage? If so, what powers are lagging behind in damage out....I know there is a full blown thread about this topic but I'm curious if a spreadsheet exist to illustrate the difference between powers.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

true but its still scary at least the melee side is, in the hands of a melee DPS user.