GU51 Mental Buff?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have a question, why is Mental getting a buff?

I tend to see Mental DPS players producing really good damage in most runs. Usually an equally gear player does more damage than I do with my Quantum DPS at the same range, inside 12.5M. So, why is mental getting a buff?

I wonder if this will make Mental the next FotM power.

I bet Ice will get a Ninja Nerf and get inline with other powers and Mental will become the next FotM power.

Anyone knows why this is happening?
  2. Fies Committed Player

Tunso Test says otherwise.
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I think Tunso test should be done. Than a test with VI Syn mods should be done, with appropriate color. Than compare the % increase vs. the base.

For instance, Celestial and Quantum mabye equal with Tunso testing. But with mods, we may see that Quantum gets a 25% increase in damage and Celestial is getting a 10% increase. Mods increase to damage need to be consider as well, as long as players are using the same level mods. Syn VI with a straight stats would make it an equal test and help developers see how mods impact powers.
  4. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Ha! I was waiting for you to start this thread :D
    • Like x 3
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Although was buffed but until charge 3PI the ice player already kill the add :D
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

By tunso testing mental is actually underperforming.
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

Working as intended.
  8. Fies Committed Player

And even then range(12.5) should be taken into account as well as other factors or balance wont transition into ingame balance.
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The tunso test is bs, it don't show actual balance. I understand that's what the devs want, but the test is not accurate, and what it will bring is another round of testing that the game don't need right now. Mental, gadget, and ice are the top dps powers right now, and if mental is getting a buff, while rage just got a nerf, that says alot about the tunso test
  10. Fies Committed Player

Fire is alright too :)
    • Like x 1
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Yea fire too
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

One thing the test does not tell us is the impact mods make. I am curious the % increase in damage each power gets using Syn VI mods with appropriate color. This means blue = health, yellow = power, and Red will = Precision or Might. I want to take a look at damage increase based on mods.

We may find out that one power might be getting a better % increase over others, and maybe that is a bug that needs to be fixed. We need to look at that as well.
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Don't understand why tests can't be ran like players run on live, because players will put mods in gear to squeeze in as much damage as possible. The devs test is just crazy
    • Like x 1
  14. Fies Committed Player

Have to agree. Atm a simple "Kaiser007 Youtube-video test" would grant more balance than what is used now. Maybe atleast until tests/methods/range are fixed something like that can be done to avoid further- even heavier- imbalances and also could take some of the time preassure from the whole process of revamping tests/range.
    • Like x 1
  15. WinterHorseman New Player

How is it crazy to compare powers at base damage with no mods? That makes no sense. I've seen people not even have the right color mods or mods period so it makes no sense to test with mods when they're different depending on the player. Moreover, if everything is in line without mods, then that's when things are truly balanced because you can't balance a power with mod testing that some players don't use.

Ex: Many people like myself would put a full might mod in a red slot as a DPS. However, if we use that as the testing standard then it's skewed because someone people would use that same red slot for Might and Health or Precision and Might yet the the balance would've been tested based off a full Might mod thus skewing the "balance" of the test and that is why no mods are necessary.
    • Like x 3
  16. Radium Devoted Player

Because to balance everything under one specific criteria of "You must have this, this and this in order for the powers to be balanced." is not even balance. Its a bandaid that will rip off again in 6 months when CR moves up, gear gets better, and mods get better.

Give someone basic stuff like gear and a few SP and the powers can be balanced. Throw the bells and whistles on and they become unbalanced. Goes the other way as well with balancing around top tier toons and just completely becoming unbalanced as you move up CR and such.

It's like saying the powers were balanced when everyone was using Phantom Triangle. Nothing is really balanced when you can only use one weapon to do so.
    • Like x 6
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

They need to create a baseline and get power balanced at that baseline. Once that is done, than mods can be added to the equation to see how they impact a power. I would go mod I, II, III, IV, V, VI on the red sockets only to see how it impact DPS out.

This info could than be used for further adjustments or take mods out of the game if they make it unfair. Just my thought on this topic.
  18. generalzod Committed Player

Not trying to knock any dev . but now we see where the disconnect is . Well we see why over 4 years the powers are unbalance when they hit live . Wondering why now they tell us how we should be testing when gu 50 was launched . I'm guessing has something to do with now there a pasers ? Well hopefully it can be done right in the future.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Yep. Can't balance from top down. Creates all sorts of problems. Get the base balanced, then address any inconsistencies in scaling.
    • Like x 1
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So why not balance without any gear at all? Powers are balanced around top tier toons, not sp, but gear. If a powers get balanced around no mods, but mods are used on live, and mods grant some powers extra damage, how can balancing w/o mods help balancing cause? I will admit i haven't tested, but it don't seem like an accurate way to test. It just seems like y'all are taking the long way around in a drive that has been to long already.
    I'm not poo pooing on y'all work (testers). I know y'all are working how the devs want it.