GU50: Are Elec, Light and Nature being shafted?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mighty, Jul 3, 2015.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You right. I forgot it was adjusted right before it was released
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

electric and nature has gotten more attention then HL (6 pages to HL's 3)

hell I think T4 iconic duo's has more feedback then HL's thread. My advice? if you play DPS side of these power invest in the support role more now then ever as the DPS side is more then likely not going to change for a looooooooooong *** time. Come GU50 the buffs are going to minimum.
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Guys chill out.. It's only been a week. The dev has yet to come back from their holiday off, so I'm waiting patiently before I say anything else.
    • Like x 2
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you and me both, its been long enough that all powers should be =/= to 1 another by now, but they're not. With every GU there's 1-3 powers that are now considered "bad" or "bottom" powers. Due to they do the least amount of DPS. This should never be a issue EVER.

Im sorry but this game has been going for far to long for powers to be out of balance to still be a issue thats on-going.
    • Like x 2
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yes a week, I appreciate the ones who have actually took the time to give feedback for HL but I mean come on its like the rest who can test stuff dont even care if it leaves test in horrible conditions or not.
  6. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Hopefully the devs read this and actually allow for more timing. As clearly these powers are not ready for live yet.
    • Like x 1
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I hope so.
    • Like x 1
  8. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

The people that test the powers are usually the ones that are either very proficient with the power or are dedicated to said power. There are a few extremely dedicated Nature users on Test, so I didn't bother subscribing for PC to test it myself. However, I do read the thread and when necessary I communicate my questions through PMs. If you're that worried about Light, I'd suggest that you PM the Testers a loadout and rotation that you'd like tested or if you're not comfortable with that, I'd say get a 30 day PC subscription.
    • Like x 3
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

I voiced an opinion. I didn't attack or insult anyone who holds the opposite opinion. You on the other hand just did. I have no respect for you based on that behavior.

I do like the use of weapon attacks in my rotations. But that's not my only leg to stand on. My other leg is that Nature was designed to play that way by the devs. You're the one recommending they change direction based on your tastes. I'm suggesting they stay the course. Two people. Two opinions. It's not the kind of thing to get riled up over.
    • Like x 9
  10. Mighty Committed Player

Starting to get a little nervous. Not only is there no update, but we're not even having a discussion. Light testers and Shiney have kicked over some real balance issues with light regarding its range (light mid-range is basically xplosion range) and which parts of certain constructs get the AM buff, and we've yet to get a comment.

Look I don't mean to be overly pessimistic or negative or critical, but light has basically been underperforming since GU36. Through most of the updates we've felt like an afterthought, watching other powers have a reasonable give-and-take with the devs, while we get more or less ignored in most of the discussions. You've asked for feedback. You've asked for numbers. Some of us have gone above-and-beyond here. Give us something.

I know power stacking is the priority. But really should it be? We've played four-and-a-half years without dot powers stacking. We couldn't wait a few more months in order to prioritize three powers sorely underperforming? Is next week it as far as updating/testing before GU50? Sure hope any changes to test get it right. Some of us are done waiting to have the power we love, the power we play for be a viable option.

Come on guys. Please, lock it down for this one.
    • Like x 2
  11. MrB Dedicated Player

I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be like the first power back am for hl. It was a complete bust.

I don't think the devs even looked at what's been said. The first am was 65 pages down the drain an unfortunately this feels exactly the same.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Not surprised, when mental hit test with its am there were 10+ pages of how brutal it was and it still went live. Let's not worry because according to Mepps "powers are closer than they've ever been"
    • Like x 2
  13. HalJordan1OA New Player

I hope not, I have a few elect toons
    • Like x 1
  14. E Clip Dedicated Player

I believe that thread about Mental went 60+ pages, Rage update went 30+, yet nothing was changed. 6 months later, Mental got adjusted while Rage is still underperforming. Earth and Sorc was the same.

I know quite a few people who tested all 3 powersets that are on test now, me included, and we all got subpar results, the same results are already on the testing threads. Whats the point of reporting the same results by multiple people, when we know that past feedback about other powersets was neglected in the past.
    • Like x 1
  15. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Wasn't it not to long ago mepps posted how the posts made on those threads are just our feedback and our opinions. Yet there's vids, graphs, numbers of the issues but he still wants numbers lol and yet they still release it to only change later to what most were giving feed back on to begin with lol

How many times do powers have to get looked at to get it right? Like licking a toostie pop except they are still licking lol