Work In Progress GU47: Content Rebalancing

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalfenix Committed Player

Maybe, I didn't know he had a shield, in fact, I don't see him doing anything special while I attack him. Is there an obscure mechanic that I'm not aware of?
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

I don't know. He used to have a white shield, looks kinda like an Ice shield. I don't remember if it reflects or not.

Enemies that reflect your damage back at you are annoying, because the more damage you do, the faster you die. A lot of times people one shot themselves.
  3. Streven Dedicated Player

Just ran Black Dawn. The 3 sub 100 players were getting one shot by the boss aoe's that were impossible to get away from and had no tell to block. I don't think these attacks are meant to be one-shot attacks. All enemy damage needs to be looked at here. The only fight that seemed reasonable was the Vengeance Bee. Adds are also hitting a bit too hard for people at level for this content.

Ran FOS 2 yesterday and adds in the hallways are annihilating anyone not at least CR 90. A group in their high 50s would probably never complete any of the FOS raids. Carrying the crystal across the bridge to get that door open is tough. Defending is pretty much impossible. Can't burn the adds down before they get to the crystal and they seem to 2 or 3 shot anyone at level for the content.

A general trend I've noticed is 4 man content seems to be mostly balanced but 8 man content from T3 to T5 is all overtuned substantially. Will give more specifics as I can.
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Ran black dawn yesterday with a lower level toon to get him leveled up. League mates helped whom were 125+!, we couldnt beat it and at the end when we disbanded, the top DPS HAD DONE 58million in damage out....i know this sounds ridiculous but it happened! How can the guys at the tier level beat this, if 125s can not? People at tier couldnt stay alive to even be effective!
  5. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I mentioned Black Dawn a long time ago, but somehow it never got added to the list. I've seen groups well above tier get wiped numerous times, never making it past the first room.

We have a new contender for the broken instance list today though. The seasonal Tides of War instance is broken. I suspect stat clamping on top of GU47 is making it much harder than it should be, to the point of being unplayable. Please put it on the list with the other T3-5 content that needs work, preferably at the top of the list so it gets fixed before the event is over.
    • Like x 1
  6. Larry Labotomy Level 30

alot of people are forgetting that 8 player content requires a tank, if you are a dps/troll/healer doing a raid or bounty. you should be getting one shotted or at the very least killed rather quickly. thats why we have tanks to begin with.

in fos the turrets hit a little hard considering you can't aggro them as a tank but other then that its beatable.

same with black dawn, its much harder then it used to be but is in no way unbeatable if you have a tank that can keep aggro. thats with the tank being match level.

im not defending the current state of the game it has it's obvious problems but it's minor details that need tweaked, the fact that you cant tank damage as a dps isn't part of the problem. and its not true to say that having a higher cr player makes the enemies harder,
    YOUR CR is the only thing that effect how much damage you do or have done to you by add's and boss's alike. haveing a higher cr player in your group will always make the content easier not harder.
  7. amon79ex New Player

Dear develper...you can add trinkets in the market that will give us the appearance, movements and powers of our heroes / villains preferred to use even in pve ??? We would be happy. More fun for us and more profit for you. Thanks in advance ^^
  8. Heart Well-Known Player

I just got to T7 so I'm going to give my feedback about T6:

-All T6 challenges are a lot easier than before: In iconic challenges most of enemies die with couple hits from range weapon attacks and all bosses except last bosses die from 1-2 combos. At Spark Of Parallax I was able to do 2 bosses at same time and no death feats with only cr106 dps and I didn't even need to worry about my health so I didn't use colas or health barrel.
    -Port of Paradise and Supply Lines duos: These are also much easier than before. I was able to solo the duo when the other player disconnected for whole duo at my cr100. Enemies hit as hard as the ones in T3 duos but I have now 13000 health and more other stats but I had only 7000 health when I was at T3. I didn't notice difference in enemy health but its not possible to solo any of T1-T3 duos at their entry levels.
    -Patrol Catastrophe: This seemed fine when I first did it at cr105 but when I did it at cr110 second time it was already very easy. This is mission which relevancy continues at T7 so I think it shouldnt be easy already at cr110.

T6 alerts and raids seemed as they were before update. I think T7 may have same problem generally as Patrol Catastrophe has, because Fatal Exams was quite challenging with group of cr111-113 even as we had all roles, but when you are over cr116, which is end of T6, it becomes very easy.

I forgot to add about Assault and Battery T5 operation last time: At the part after first boss where the group is supposed to split we actually tried splitting and at least Metropolis area was very hard with splitted group. The lanterns there have too much health and seem to hit harder than before and boss had too much health. Much harder split part overall than the one in Artifacts of The Past T6 operation. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. Millbarge Developer

I jumped in and took a look at Wraith of Vengeance and Revengewalker.
    Both of these had a few abilities that were doing too much damage - I checked in a fix internally.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  10. Streven Dedicated Player

Just realized my last comment should have been directed at the Operation: With a Vengeance and not Black Dawn. Just wanted to make that correction
  11. Ichiro Loyal Player

HQ Watchtower PVP Iconic NPC's have high health and hit hard. I was able to take down the villains easier. It was very sad to be able to take down 3 villains in a row to only be 2 shotted by gorilla grodd
  12. Fies Committed Player

Arkham Asylum
    CR 58 DMG dealt almost 6kk (others around 2kk total well above 10kk)
    almost 80 minutes to complete.
    Seems off to me.
  13. Millbarge Developer

What enemies were doing this damage? All of them? Just the bosses? which bosses? etc.

-Millbarge
  14. Fies Committed Player

Sorry if not clear. It was the dmg I had to deal (6kk) to finish the instance. Other players had around 2kk on the scoreboard. The run took about 80 min. The dmg dealt by mobs/ bosses is definetely fine but imo they have to much hp. Total dmg dealt by the whole group in a T3 alert had to be well over 10kk.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Health of the adds are pretty high. It takes longer to kill the adds than the actual boss fights. Which seem around okay damage/health wise. It's the adds that are a problem.

Also, the flytraps can't be damaged by powers, only weapon combos.
    • Like x 2
  16. Fies Committed Player

Thats how I should have worded it. Matches my observations. Its very late here.
    Regards
    • Like x 1
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I think their damage is alright - it is just the mobs that take ages to get rid off (too much health or something like that). And Arkham is full of mobs. The boss fights are almost easie than the hallways with the mobs.
    • Like x 2
  18. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

This is a problem I'm finding throughout most instances now in DCUO as a whole. The mobs and adds are way WAY too tough.

The Seasonal event just showed me that is the case as well, although for those who have been stat clamped it's not as bad. But for those who have been stat buffed, it's a horror show. You may not get 1 shotted, but you will get 10-shotted in under 2 seconds because of the mobs are doing huge DPS and spawning far faster than last year.

I know that the Daybreak staff are working at this, but having less than half of all my paid content being usable is kind of frustrating.
    • Like x 5
  19. amon79ex New Player

DEVELOPER... mark of victory is a joke?? we need 1 week for 3 piece of gear with this reward (if lucky)....raid is not always empity..OMG DEVELOPER MAKE SOMETHING!!!!!! THIS IS A TORTURE...some people like me work...don't have time for get good gear with this reward...the game is fun and interesting,why make bad with this reward??
  20. Makineko Committed Player

Is it just me or is Trigon hitting far too hard at the end of Trigons prison? He was tearing top end T5ers to shreds so badly even the healer couldn't keep up when I ran it with my Rage alt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.