Work In Progress GU47: Content Rebalancing

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As noted in this thread, we are and have been working through rebalancing content where difficulty is inconsistent or not what you might expect, primarily in the game's earlier content tiers. Thank you to everyone for your feedback and specific reports.

This post outlines what we have rebalanced and what is still on our list to investigate. If you have concerns about content not already on this list, please reply below with very specific examples. What content are you in, what fight do you believe has inconsistent difficulty, and what NPCs or even attacks are you facing?

Please Note: Mechanics fundamental to a piece of content cannot and should not be ignored. For example, stepping into a death field that immediately KOs you will and should immediately KO you, regardless of your Combat Rating or Skill Points. We will not be rebalancing these mechanics.

Rebalancing Complete (internally):
    • Gorilla Island
    • Bludhaven
    • Ace Chemicals
    • With A Vengeance
    • Watchtower Containment Facility
    • Gotham University Duo
    • Ferris Aircraft
    • Mist Recovery
    To Be Investigated:
    • Artifact Weapons Reducing CR
    • Bestiamorph Rhinos and Joker Lunatics
    • HIVE Alert
    • “Strike Team”: Adds in the trap room
    • “Strike Team”: Guy Gardners vomit attack
    • Patrol Catastrophe: Adds have no health at all
    • Sunstone Broodmother fight: Adds too much health, and turrets hitting hard
    • Grundy in Wayward Souls
    Need More Information:
    • AnB: Adds hitting very hard. What adds and where?
    • Catwoman Challenge: who is doing too much damage, just cheetah lord? All Bosses?
    • Like x 5
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Please look at:
    T4 Inner alert Brother Eye fight. The health of the adds take 3x as long to kill and you get overwhelmed by the time Brother Eye comes out.
    T5 Mist Recovery. Primarily the Manhunters that carry the containers, health is way too high and you can no longer interrupt them, and the final room with Hank. The turrets hit hard and hard to kill and Hank seems to drop infernos one right after the last.
    T5 Strike Team. The trap room, where a lot of adds come out before Guy, their health and damage seems to go off the charts. This room was always difficult before the CR changes, because of the LOS issues of the area. It's now very hard to do.
    • Like x 5
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This thread is specifically for posts related to T6 and earlier content where you believe the challenge level is inconsistent. Anything else will be removed.
    • Like x 4
  4. L T Devoted Player

Nexus/Paradox Wave -- adds and sub-bosses have tons of health. Very tedious to get through.
    Patrol Catastrophe -- adds have no health at all.
    • Like x 1
  5. RavenSW Well-Known Player

From what I have seen so far of this rebalancing is specific to what has been done with gates and prime. I love how gates has become challenging again and in that instance everything seems right in line, though tanking is still pretty simple from a purely damage received standpoint, and as a tank my damage out seemed a bit over the top. In regards to Prime, I am a little mixed, can't seem to get a group to last long enough to get any real feel for it, which could be purely mechanical, more troubling is the ability to solo tank after entire raid has wiped. Some inconsistentcy there.

While I enjoy making old content a challenge again, I am a little confused. On the one hand devs are making everything more relevant in terms of challenge, while on the other hand taking away any marks earned for running it makes it even more pointless to do so.

Maybe it would be better to stop stat stacking gear higher and higher, and start giving gear a more specified advantage in the vein of the current elite gear, allowing players to focus more on the stories they like. Though that had its own logistics problems
  6. WingedMedic Level 30

AnB adds hit tremendously hard, health pool fine, damage adjustments needed.
    Paradox adds hit tremendously hard, to high of a health pool total adjustment of adds all around difficulty needed.
    Nexus same as paradox
    All t4 and t5 alerts need complete difficulty overhauls as they are completely undoable unless being carried by higher crs. At the recommended cr it is impossible to do any of these alerts.
    • Like x 1
  7. DJX New Player

Please rebalance stryker's island npcs inside and out! cr is 98 yet still being overwhelmed 82's, also look at both mbot and obot, unable to solo even though cr is 98 as their's is 89!
    • Like x 1
  8. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I think there are too many tanky adds in the Sunstone Broodmother fight in FoS1. The Sunstone Turrets hit ridiculously hard as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Gotham University solo challenge, not so much the health but amount of damage the can do seems a bit hard even for at t3. Barely survived the Cheetah fight.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Please have a look at Mantis' healing ability in League Hall: Security Breach. He is almost impossible to pug. He will just continually heal himself. He also does it in Lockdown too. It's frustrating to see him do this now when he didn't before.
  11. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

Please include all solos that include the Joker's "Lunatics", and Bestiamorph Berzerkers (rhinos).
    East end hotel
    Circe's lair
    (the one where you save the Riddler from Deathstroke who's name I can't remember)

The University Warehouse solo (with catwoman) seems far tougher for cr appropriate characters too omce you get to the bosses.

Strykers island 4man seems nearly impossible. I am dying so often, the money I have to quit now without completing it unless I have three 100cr to carry me through while I sit back and heal myself from the stray attacks. Same goes for arkham. On the other hand, fighting Mr. Freeze, poison Ivy and Scarecrow is fairly easy in comparison to the ice picks, coolers, ivy's controlled doctors and guards and the like.

I would think the final fights are supposed to be toughest, not low level minions.

Thank you for addressing these issues! :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

It's been brought up elsewhere, but it's worth repeating here. The fix for the CR drop on artifact gear and weapons needs to happen. It's having a much more significant effect since GU 47.
    • Like x 6
  13. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

I think Assault and Battery needs a look at. The bosses keep mowing me down in 2 hits.
    • Like x 1
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You're not supposed to be able to solo MBOT or OBOT.

The issues I'm running into is that by increasing the crits damage by trash mobs and decreasing my damage, it makes most challenges nearly impossible to do without being KO'd. Case in point, running the East End Hotel T3 challenge, when I get into the mobs, I'm easy pray and get KO'd easily. Never had that problem before. I don't mind challenging but don't make it ridiculous. Even doing the low level Gorilla Island was ridiculous, especially when the gorilla troopers swarm at the end. Personally, again, the devs fixed something that wasn't broken.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

- Bludhaven
    Too many foes with too much health. Either reduce the number of adds or their health. Under the bridge, where you have to transport the crates, adds spawn too frequently. Once you cleaned the area, let it stay clean for at least one minute.

- Ace Chemical
    The security waves that hit you in the main room are too many and their attacks are too strong. A single gas cloud can wipe a minimum CR team, when you have 4 or 5 in action to cover an area big as half room, along with flamethrowers and SMGs... you are making it impossible. edit: it doesn't appear to be balanced yet.

- Strike Team
    Guy Gardner's rage vomit wipes the team regularly. It just hits too hard and covers an area so wide that at minimum cr it burns your shield and kills you before you are able to leave it.
    edit: I played with my CR 114 healer. As soon as the AoE was cast on me (I was the target), I used the shield and I started running to get out of it. The shield was consumed and then my health went down. I didn't make in time to leave it. It was hitting me for 3000/4000 DpS and i couldn't heal either, because it was too much and I would have to stop.

- Gotham University duo
    If the zombies summoned by the first sub boss would stand still till the end of the cinematic sequence, rather than surrounding the PCs while it's running, would make the duo more feasible. As it is now, as soon as you take back the control or your character, they already halved your health.

- All of the Hands of Fate operations
    Please balance the damage made by bosses and by certain adds (like the spirits behind the Metropolis Hospital - those also spawn too quickly).
    Reduce the health of the ghosts that appear during Fate's enchantment. That part of the operation is way too long and offers no challenges at all. It's just a long and boring fight.

- League Halls: Security Breach
    I am not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. Mantis self-healing, sometimes, is way too powerful compared to the "burning powers" of a minimum CR DpS. The controller's healing debuff doesn't help. To defeat him, the controller and the tank had to switch to DpS; even then it took a long time before being able to put him down.

Those are the sessions I played and found unbalanced.
    • Like x 4
  16. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

Tested Wayward souls. It seems consistent.
  17. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

I concur with mantis. He regenerates too fast. I don't know if its with this last update or not.
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

I just noticed this today and I tend to run it at least every few days. It can be interrupted but if he has immunity he heals a relatively huge chunk, more than I think people at the gear level for the instance would be able to compensate for. Jaw dropped when he went from almost dead to 25% HP.
    • Like x 1
  19. a pug New Player

lockdown raid mantis and kaliback 1 shot 126 cr guys and adds hit harder than in any t7 content
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I have stayed away from the t4 stuff, as my alts in that range are getting absolutely annihilated if I try them.
    Yesterday I ran ace on one alt and while I was higher cr, the rest of the group was at cr range and doing fine. Then all of a sudden a gas cloud dropped and they all were ko'd almost instantly. I was able to take out the npc's and save them but I never saw it hit that fast and hard before. We did ok the rest of the way. Funny thing is the Bosses were easier than the adds.

So far Ace and Arkham have had their issues, especially with the mobs as I have run them the most. Coast was the worst so far as we were 1-1-1-1 and could not beat the bosses at the lanterns and had several wipes on the airfield due to the overpowering mobs I had to switch to a higher cr just to beat the instance.

The update has made prior content a hit or miss. You need to be several cr above to beat some instances yet if you are close to the cr you get wiped even if you know the mechanics and such as to what to avoid and not do.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.