Test Discussion GU46: Rage Advanced Mechanic Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

smh...the one place it doesn't need to be to actually be usable :p.
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Fair observation, but that's not the point I was trying to make.
  3. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Also can we get the cool downs on galling eruption and bloodlust more to standard 12 seconds
    • Like x 3
  4. Lightws Dedicated Player

Yeah I feel like this AM is only actually usable in PvP. Because it won't be able to survive any PvE content.
    • Like x 3
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I'm also going to advocate If the possibility does not exist to add range combo options to freaky or E-chain, making galling eruption target centers instead of player centered would offer some flexibility for range options.

Just a little little bit of range love would be awesome
    • Like x 8
  6. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Here is a e-chain idea,

Holding range after initial cast places a spinning blade on the target that will damage the target and other targets in a close proximity, have it so regular (non-finishing damage)

Use he graphics from lacerate or any other spinning sword or make then hammers and use the forger master hammers and color them red nice range option to rotate between dreadful blast with
    • Like x 5
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

1 small change I'd like to see; Rage Blast applying Plasma Burn PI.

Currently only 2 moves that apply the PI and they're both Tier 5 abilities that you can't even purchase until lvl 16. Makes leveling a rage toon a bit annoying when I can't even use my own PI at level 1.
    • Like x 2
  8. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

Extend duration and distance of Berserk please.

The Sensei,
    Skep
    • Like x 5
  9. BigAl Devoted Player

I noticed the same thing. I would clip Galing with Bloodlust (like I always do now) and got no power return from GE after. League mate said its the same for Celestial, if you clip too soon, you lose not only the power return but Savage as well (from what I've seen).
    I am getting the return off the first and last hits of DB. Is it supposed to be all 3?
  10. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I meant I'd do a full DB combo, standard power usage, repeat with another DB full combo, use more power, then on the third use of DB full combo it was like I got power back. Might be you only get power back on the Dreadful Explosion combo, though, since I was just clipping the DB's together.
  11. Kuna New Player

Hello guys, I have a personal opinion that could help improve a skill!
    Skill:Galing Eruption
    -You could make the skill arise in direct add.
    rather than come over you. Thanks
    • Like x 4
  12. Lightws Dedicated Player

A friend of mines came up with a interesting addition to the AM. Don't know if the developers would like for rage to have something like this but it would improve what rage could do with its AM.

Because this AM is pretty much melee specific how about this as a addition.

When using Rage Crash mode, (Relentless Anger) All incoming damage once canceled is exerted back at the enemy once you perform the cancel of the ability (This mechanic would only work in DPS Role). Basically like the Shade Punisher's Ability just at a much lower scale in comparison. Since the majority of Rages moves are up close and personal. It seems like this type of Mechanic would help Rage a lot more then its current state. It could possibly make whats not doing so well actually do well.

Or the other alternative if this is avoided is to simply add more range attacks so dreadful blast isn't the only alternative to Rages AM. There's honestly nothing else to go to besides Dreadful Blast/Plasma Retch. Maybe if Channel Hate was a AoE and stuck on the target when jump clipped. Or if Rage Blast was a cone that had increased damage due to the new mechanic. Possibly the range wouldn't be to bad.... Still it would be pretty bad.

For a pretty much 100% melee power though I don't see how this AM at its current state would fare well in any new content. Unless you scaled down hits to allow people to survive in melee range. Rage's AM against other AM's just won't even be considered good. These are only 2 possible ways of changing the powers. I hope either route is at least considered.
    • Like x 10
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

That sounds about right, maybe. I'm pretty sure a small window has been added that makes most of the animation required for the return. I'll have to tinker with it more later to see.
    As you have said, this power has always leaned more towards melee, so this AM is no surprise. I agree, it would be nice to have more than DB for range, because then you become a 1 trick pony.
  14. Lightws Dedicated Player

More feedback possibly speed Dreadful Blast back up to its all animation speed. That might also solve all the issues the AM is currently having.
    • Like x 5
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

we want to have the rage feeling in raids we want meleeing to be an option ... why cant u give savage an aditional buff for pve like absorbing 50% of all incoming dmg if a tank nearby ?

and i agree with everyone above who already suggested:

- decrease Galling Eruption cooldown by 2 sec

- decrease Outrage cooldown by 0.5 sec

- increase Berserk range to make it available for highest content atleast for mid range... like arctic gust etc...

- speed up Dreadfull Blast 3rd combo by 0.25 sec

- increase Ferocity duration by 2.5 sec ( it vanish before i can execute the longest wm combo ...)

but like i said most important is to be able to use rage AM in every content ... it needs to be able to be executed in melee range with no risk , getting countered is already a high risk which other powers at max range does not have to deal with !!!

rage has an unique AM but we are not allowed to use it ...
    • Like x 6
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

That is the indication a rage combo is being used, more for insurance of the crash mechanic.
    Should never have changed it IMO. :(
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

can u plz give us more information about Savage state?
    • Like x 1
  18. Kayla El Committed Player

*I know this is the AM feedback thread but these are the changes i would like to see for rage. All animations, durations and effects remain the same for most of the powers except for the ones i have specifically mentioned. The order of the powers in the traits tree is shown by the numbers.

Anger Tree

0. Rage Blast - add this effect: inflicts plasma burn effect making enemies vulnerable to plasma attacks.

Middle Row

1.Relentless Anger - DPS Role: increase the duration and cooldown to 12 seconds.
    - TANK Role: Increase the duration to 12 seconds and the cooldown to 14 seconds.
    - allow the damage aspect of this power to work from a distance as well.
    - keep the current cooldown and duration for PVP.

2.Eviscerating Chain - change the hold melee to a 2x hold range just like "dreadfull blast" but keep it a single target power.
    - remove the extra damage dealt to targets below 35% health effect.
    - new animations, effects and durations will be required for the two combos.

3.Outrage - remove this effect: when your health is below 50% enemies will take extra damage.

Right Row
    1.Violence - remove the option to perform a precision based version of the power.
    - add this effect: you receive healing equal to a portion of the damage dealt for the initial damage only.
    - change it's cooldown to be on par with "Without Mercy" for more crowd control tanking options.
    - add this effect: in Tank Role performing this ability will significantly reduce all damage caused by Rage Crash if enemies affected by plasma are nearby.

2.Lacerate - change the initial hit animation with "Eviscerating Chains" current hold melee combo animation, duration and effects.
    - add one combo by holding down melee with "Lacerates" current duration, animation and effects.
    - make the first damage might based and not vulnerable to block.
    - make the second damage precision based and vulnerable to block.
    - add this effect: enemies suffering from plasma burn take extra damage.
    - add this effect: in Tank Role performing this ability will significantly reduce all damage caused by Rage Crash if enemies affected by plasma are nearby.

3.Gailing Eruption - disgorge blistering plasma in front of you instead of all around you.
    - decrease the cooldown from 14 to 12 sec.
    - remove the option to perform a precision based version of the power.

Left Row
    1.Without Mercy - add this effect: in Tank Role while performing this ability all damage caused by Rage Crash is significantly reduced if enemies affected by plasma are nearby.

2.Ferocity - change it's functionality to be the exact same as "Ire".

3.Channel Hate - increase the damage and add the deals extra damage to targets below 35% health effect.
    - keep it a single target power.
    - keep the vulnerable to interrupt mechanic.
    - remove the receive healing equal to a portion of the damage dealt effect.
    - make it on par with other finishers.

Punishment Tree

0.Ragebringer- add this effect: inflicts plasma burn effect making enemies vulnerable to plasma attacks.

Middle Row

1.Severe Punishment - DPS Role: increase the duration and cooldown to 12 seconds.
    - TANK Role: Increase the duration to 12 seconds and the cooldown to 14 seconds.
    - keep the current cooldown and duration for PVP.
    2.Dreadful Blast - no changes.
    3.Revenge - change the damage modifier from 35% to 50%.
    - add this effect: enemies suffering from plasma burn take extra damage.

Right Row

1.Remorseless Recovery - add this effect: in Tank Role while the effects of this ability are active the healing received is slightly increased and the damage caused by Rage Crash is significantly reduced.

2.Ire - no changes.

3.Redirected Rage - no changes.

Left Row

1.Bloodlust - change it from group buff to self buff.
    - change the damage modifier from 50% to 35%.
    - add this effect: In Tank Role while the effects of this ability are active, your precision is slightly increased and the damage caused by Rage Crash is significantly reduced.

2.Frenzy - add this effect: in Tank Role performing this ability will significantly reduce all damage caused by Rage Crash if enemies affected by plasma are nearby.

3.Plasma Retch - increase the initial damage.
    - reduce the damage of the ticks to be on par with other abilities such as "chompers".
    - reduce the duration of the ticks to be on par with other abilities such as "chompers".
    - remove the vulnerable to interrupt mechanic and give this power the ability to be clipped.

Supercharge
    Mangle - no changes.
    Vindictive - no changes.
    Infuriate - change it from group buff to self buff.
    Berserker - slightly increase it's duration for PVE but keep the current one for PVP.

*These changes probably wont happen but maybe you will find some of these ideas interesting and consider using them in future updates. Good luck and have a nice day!

19. Avian EU Well-Known Player

I like that Rage has a power back mechanic now but my main problem with it is that Rage is mostly a melee power. Melee powers aren't necessarily a bad thing but they just don't fit into the content of this game.

In other MMO's enemies usually aren't as active and have tells for almost everything they do, this leaves openings for melee DPS to run in and do incredibly high damage and then run out of range again to wait for the next opening. All enemies in this game are mostly active all the time because of weapon combos and special attacks that all don't have tells. The exception are the big bosses like the recently added Cerberus and Hydra. DCUO does not support a hit and run type of play style because damage needs to come in a constant flow rather than big bursts with long time intervals. We do have powers that kinda need to buil up their damage like Gadgets, mental and Quantum that need to hit 3 times for relatively low damage and then has a big pay off at the 4th cast but it still doesn't take that long to do and mostly you don't need to be that close to the target.

If melee DPS were to work in DCUO when it comes to end game content that isn't just solos and duos and maybe alerts, those powers would need to have one of the following things. First option would be to increase their survivability to the point where it's really just silly because they would basically need to have more survivability than a tank in which case the effectivness of a tank would be questionable. Second option could be to buff the damage to insane numbers as well which would actually mean that a melee DPS could use a hit and run tactic but still do as much damage as other range DPS who keep dealing damage in a steady flow without having to stop, this of course would be just a silly as the first option. Third option is to actually change the way the content is and change the PvE combat to be similar to other MMOs like Tera for instance however that would take a lot of what makes DCUO so unique away and make the game less interesting.

Anyway that was just my rant about why I don't believe in melee DPS for DCUO.

As for Rage, there definitely needs to be more range versatility since the only reason to use the AM rather than just use the exact same powers with a WM combo is if you don't have a troll. It did make melee more interesting but the effects will only really mean anything in PvP which honestly didn't need to be improved.
    • Like x 5
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

or u take my option which is to give rage a dmg absorption buff like earth has but only if a tank is nearby( in melee range)... this wouldnt exclude tanks and would make rage am an option .

also u can exclude that for pvp or if not, pvp grps would have the option to run with 2 DD or a rage DD and a tank whatever...
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.