GU39 Preview: League Bank

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I'm just struggling to see how it would bypass anything that can't already be done. It doesn't let them bypass only being able to carry $2k cash, because there's no broker in the Hall so they'd be traipsing to-and-fro to make any purchases - much easier to just carry the items to sell off and replenish funds. I can even see it being faster going to CC to kill some reapers to get money than going all the way to the league bank. And it still won't let them have any transactions over that $2k limit.

Even if this was an issue - could it not simply be set so that only Legendary members can remove money from the bank?
    • Like x 1
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

I had mentioned this elsewhere but thought it relevant to get a broader opinion.

I really like to see in the foreseeable future the ability to add a name & message for each vault to inform leaguemates as to what is suitable to put in that vault, what is the policy for withdrawals and so on.

Likewise, I'd also want to see this for the donations UI, for what type of furniture is wanted or not wanted.

The league MOD is likely too small for most leagues to be able to clarify this sort information and it would be better in context.
    • Like x 1
  3. Zinbik Developer

I really wanted that too, but the data storage requirement for it was just too large. It's a lot of strings to store for every single League in the game.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

Understood. Is the MoTD the same size as current?

An alternative might be to leverage the mail. If a standard welcome message can be saved and then sent to new league members that would serve most of the same purpose but within the confines of an existing system. Currently this could be done by having one league member send the template to another, then having the second member forward it but a more elegant solution allowing for a draft message would work better.

Either way thanks for the reply.
    • Like x 2
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Coming from GW2, and their design of an account bank. Why is that not possible with DCUO?
    (never understood the use of shared bank as it is. is PS3 versionsthe restriction?)
  6. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Is there a chance you'll expand the size to fill the entire bank screen or is this the final number?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.