GU39 Preview: League Bank

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinbik Developer

Leagues are receiving a significant number of updates to improve their functionality and add collective advancement! There are so many new systems and features that we'd like to make sure everyone can start understanding how they all work and come together now, rather than waiting till they're on Test.

League Banks are exactly what they sound like. They are banks whose space is shared by all members of the same League. They are only accessible within League Halls.

Quick Facts:
    • Starts with one vault (tab) with a single row of seven slots.
    • Prestige can be spent to expand a vault by adding additional rows of slots (up to 5 total).
    • Prestige can be spent to add vaults (up to 4 total) that each start with a single row of slots.
    • Purchasing and fully expanding all vaults would therefore result in a total of 140 League Bank slots.
    • Separate permissions are available for deposits and withdrawals across each individual vault.
    • Only tradable items may be placed in the League Bank.
    • Like x 14
  2. Lady Thren New Player

Can Freebie players who joined a league, be able to place items in there? Overall great idea!
    • Like x 3
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

There are separate new permissions
  4. Pronhus New Player

I have been waiting for a league banks for sooo long, thanks devs! My questions is will it show who deposits what and who withdraws some place? Also will there be limits as to how much is withdrawn?
    • Like x 1
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea loving this too :) love that is has permissions also, nice job devs.
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Awesome, been waiting for this feature for a while now. Glad its coming.

Will help out league-alts for sure
    • Like x 1
  7. OGM_Madness New Player

One immediate use for this is to fill it up with Lime Soders.

My question is: Can I limit the number of items a person can take per day? I don't want to spend 1M crafting soders, just to have someone unknown take them all and sell them to a vendor or broker for a quick profit.

Also, can we (as league founders) be able to track who takes what? I don't mind kicking someone who abuses of my league's perks, but I would like to a) have evidence of their actions & b) know that I'm kicking the right person.
    • Like x 17
  8. Whisper Well-Known Player

OGM_Madness beat me to it. I would like to if there will be record tracking.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zinbik Developer

• Like x 12
  10. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Can there be/will there a vault to share Money? or is this out of the question?
    • Like x 4
  11. The dark knight New Player

At first, this put a personal dampening field around my initial excitement...on second thought...it seems only fair.
  12. OGM_Madness New Player

I'm guessing you response means that the log will not just say "Lime Soder removed from League Bank" but actually "Lime Soder removed from League Bank by Scott Madness"?
  13. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Will we need to spend a monthly amount of Prestige to keep the league bank full open or is it permanent?
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I was just about to ask that. Considering items placed in the bank don't expire, we could potentially lose them and cause us to not even want to use the bank. I would hope that it was permanent addition.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

I asked this as well in another thread, but didn't get a reply yet. My immediate feeling from the wording in the prestige thread was that they are permanent unlocks as well as the statuary pedestals etc. Specifically the bottom snippet to me reads that by only having a little left over to unlock, it would be unlikely to utilize the full base functionality as well as proficiencies if you had to spend prestige monthly to maintain features you've already unlocked:

At least that's my take/hope. Otherwise I cannot see any but the biggest, most active leagues even bothering with the statuary or banks as they'll likely focus on proficiencies first.

That said if I am correct, I would think most leagues in the weeks between upd39 and DLC 11 (assuming they don't drop at the same time), really ought to be unlocking vaults etc., instead of wasting prestige on proficiencies for content (ie DLC10) that don't really require them. That way once the new content drops HQs ought to be at least partially functional and leagues can focus on the proficiencies best suited to getting through the new raids.
    • Like x 2
  16. Zinbik Developer

Nope.

Nope.
    • Like x 8
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

Zinbik, so from this can we also derive that all other HQ functionality, aside from proficiencies, are one time unlocks without some sort of periodic rent?
    • Like x 1
  18. Zinbik Developer

Only proficiencies are temporary.
    • Like x 10
  19. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Can you share the reasoning behind this?
  20. Zinbik Developer

We can't allow League Bank to become the new way to directly bypass cash caps. Sure, you can buy things for cash and store them in the League Bank, but you can already do that with your normal Bank. Allowing the League Bank to store cash directly goes a little too far.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.