GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blklightning New Player

Last night, I was teaching a guy how to setup the AM. We were in PvE and the PI kept wiping... way too soon. I was about to pull him to PvP, when he decided to find a target that no one else was using. Everything was fine after that. Problem is that others using the same target were forcing its PI wipe to happen faster.
    If you're not using Wired, Arc, and eBurst in TD, then you're just not having enough fun at it. :p

• Like x 2
  2. blklightning New Player

To get the DoT from eBurst, you need to be in close melee range.

To get the burst heal and HoT from eburst, you need to be mid melee range. It heals almost exactly like Galvanize (big burst and small HoT), but uses electrified enemies to heal rather than NPCs and allies.
  3. SomethingEASY New Player

Yeah, thats what I like about it, another tool to use in my melee healer set up. Its so much more fun that way, and it has the added bonus of being actually useful to my healing output as well! I'm not as much of a fan of wired tho, perhaps I will throw it into my power tray to see how it is.
  4. August Wisdom New Player

Any chance we can get WM crit to effect the second tick of Ionic drain finisher? Right now, it seems like the first tick is effected but the second's crit is a crapshoot. I have every crit chance innate + iconic + gear affinities, so based on Gunny's post I should be seeing near guaranteed if not guaranteed WM crits, but the second Ionic Drain tick isn't benefiting.
  5. Pandora Demon New Player

It seems like fun( I may try it soon), but the LO I have keeps me on my feet because of the minimal HOT's( there are only 2( three with SC)). But, I think I might try EB Healing. BTW, I watched the video: you aren't getting the DOT from EB sometimes( it's just a small burst).
    • Like x 1
  6. Pandora Demon New Player

I get the final tick and the first tick to get affected by WM Crit( some times), and the Highest I've hit with the second tick is: 20K
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

If I were to refresh my dot would it be better to use WM and SP or just keep going with WM and buff with Wired ? Seems like if I WM with SP while refreshing i'm using a lot of power.
  8. blklightning New Player

This video was before GU38. So, no DoTs from eBurst. Also, it was when TD was new, so I wasn't meleeing as much as I am now. I play much closer to the mobs and eBurst hits them much better than in the vid.

I'm doing a tutorial soon for the new battle healing where I maintain a VB DoT throughout the fights.
    • Like x 1
  9. Opamp Committed Player

Where is the section on the Forums where the change logs are kept? I can't find the list where the electricity changes were made, and why they were made.
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  11. Opamp Committed Player

With the new changes (removing electrifies from Voltaic Bolt) how many powers can electrify a group?
    If I'm counting correctly, that would only be Arc Lightning?
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Just power alone ? Then yeah Arc Lighting but Wired also does through weapons of course.
  13. Opamp Committed Player

Yeah so I think that's an unfortunate oversight.

So now the only way you can Electrify a group is through Arc Lightning. The other alternative is to individually target them with Tesla Blast or Wired.

I would like to understand the reasoning behind making this change to Voltaic Bolt.
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

We all would like to amongst other "improvements" they have made.
  15. Opamp Committed Player

I see I see.

Well I assumed that was the point of this thread.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

I think the thread is just here for decoration since 14 pages later we haven't heard a peep.
    • Like x 1
  17. Max Volt Committed Player

Voltaic bolt never really electrified anything. It simply took advantage of electrified enemies by putting a dot on enemies surrounding the electrified target.
    Now it puts a dot on the electrified enemy themselves,... Which I think is better.

In regard of applying PI in gu 38 the only thing that changed is that arc lightning took the place of tesla ball.
    • Like x 1
  18. Opamp Committed Player

Ahhh well at least it looks pretty.
  19. Pandora Demon New Player

Hmm, I tried EB; I do heal more than two group-mates with it, but I don't think I'm going to using it either.
    This isn't an electric question, but has anyone noticed when brick goes into envelop: he doesn't heal himself anymore?
  20. Shift New Player

Solo healing a Fire Tank in SM is painful with the lack of HoT :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.