GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Ivy Bird Committed Player

I thought I noticed something like that on a SM run last night. Was going to check today, thanks for saving me the time :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Max Volt Committed Player

Ok I managed to get on the test servers with my very slow laptop.

First thing I noticed is the sparring targets are way to buggy to be able to properly test the new awesome mechanic.

First testing impression Tesla ball seems to spawn very high above the head of the enemies, I personally would like to see it low on the ground like before.

Ionic drain seems very nice as a finisher and finally usable in dps stance.

I love the new might buff from wired. I think it will really impact our numbers in the long run making it a must have in any dps loadout.

I'll do more in depth testing later on today, and if any of you would like to group up to test things out I'm Max Volt on the test server as well ... And hopefully my laptop will be able to handle group content heh...
    • Like x 2
  3. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

There is something buggy with it. When I was testing the new mechanic I could replicate the bug. If you cast egen then wait for a tic and use vb it should combine every time, but after you combine them if you wait till egen is off cool down and add egen again it does not always add another dot. If you wait until the tic before last and hit egen it will wipe the dots and you will have to start over.....at least that is how I was doing it the other night. I could get it to wipe the dots every time.
    • Like x 3
  4. Nyema New Player

I am sorry, this question probably has only been asked before but how long does the DoT last for?
  5. Nyema New Player

Wait, does electroburst still get the WM bonus because it has delayed dmg?
  6. Ivy Bird Committed Player

I have been playing about with the power and have found out some more details about the DoT missing problem.
    If I hit a target with E-Gen then use VB to turn it into the Electro-charge DoT, it takes 2 attempts to apply E-Gen again. I hit E-Gen when it comes off cooldown and it misses my target but still applies the second field 2 a nearby enemy. When E-Gen comes off cooldown again it applies properly.
    When using E-burst instead of E-gen with it's faster cooldown I was able to use it repeatedly until it reapplied and it would take 9 or 10 uses each time.
  7. blklightning New Player

Wait, so you had to hit eBurst 9-10 times before the PI would be reapplied?
  8. spord Developer

It is intended that if you have a triple size DoT going that you cannot add another with Electrogenesis or Electroburst. This is because you can also have Electrocute, Tesla Ball, and any other damaging abilities going.

However, we are making a couple of changes under the hood of Voltaic Bolt and Electrogenesis. The intent is for you to have to use different powers to get up to the triple size DoTs. However, with Electrogenesis' built in 12 second cooldown it seems fair to allow using it again when you have a double size DoTs going. Allowing this just means it would take you longer to get to the triple size DoTs than if you also use Electroburst but allows for some flexibility. Electrogenesis is also being updated so that it applies the damage auras to the closest targets that are not already triple sized DoTed. This way it can still be used to hit newly spawned enemies.
    • Like x 10
  9. spord Developer

An updated version of Arc Lightning should hit PC Test tonight.
    • Like x 11
  10. Ivy Bird Committed Player

So how I have been using it was actually a bug, go figure :confused:
    Making this the intended mechanic with E-gen and added the targeting change is fantastic though, I am really happy with these changes.
    • Like x 2
  11. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Those changes sound good to me. Glad to hear that egen will "auto target" adds that do not already have the triple dot. Thanks
  12. Ivy Bird Committed Player

These changes don't seem to be in the newest test build are they coming later?

I was testing Arc Lightning and found that it doesn't arc at all (not allies nor enemies) if the target it hits is killed by the hit. Is this intentional?
  13. Kintuse Well-Known Player

It's actually always been that way but if it's changed for GU38 I'd be all for it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I hope it is a change...would be nice if it was not just wasted
  15. blklightning New Player

I just downloaded the patch and Arc Lightning is working quite beautifully. I'll upload video in a bit... after my video showing the new PI bug.
  16. blklightning New Player

Hi spord,

Thanks for fixing Arc Lightning. I got on with Remander after the patch and we grouped up and tried it out. It's quite fantastic being able to use my position to control the arcs. I was able to get at max arc ranging from a sparring target, have it arc back to me, then to Rem (who was equidistant from me to the other sparring target), then to the other target. We also played with getting it to heal Brick. That was a bit harder, but worked well nonetheless. I can really see how this would be great in a raid. Just need to get online with a group and test it out there to see how many it can spread to.

Now, for the newest bug!!!

Since the patch, the electrified PI for the Awesome Mechanic is not correctly working in healer role. I have video from a TD run yesterday where it works just fine. Here's what's happening:
    1 - If I use either Arc Lightning or Wired to electrify the target, I can get a DoT from eBurst. I then cast VB. The DoT is still a single tick, but is not improved. ie: it's the same DoT as when I just used eBurst and no VB at all.
    2 - If I use an ESPD to electrify the target, then eBurst, I get the same basic DoT as before. If I then use VB, the DoT is doubled as it was just before the patch.

Here's video of it. I removed most of my gear so as not to have the sparring target reset on me.

17. Ivy Bird Committed Player

The problem I was talking about can't be tested on the dummies, it needs to be done on actual enemies. According to Kintuse that is how it is on live and how it has always been, I wouldn't know, I don't like it on live so have never played about with it. Having a damaging power fail to work properly because it kills an enemy seems like an oxymoron to me though.

About the PI bug, is it a different one than the one Spord was talking about before? I don't think he has put through the fix for it yet if it is the same one I was talking about.
  18. blklightning New Player

The bug you're talking about has to do with the DoT stacking and reapplying the PI, correct?

Mine is that in healer role, the DoTs neither stack nor combine, unless I specifically electrify the target using ESPD. This was not the case yesterday, as I was able to show it working correctly (w/o ESPD) in my guide.
  19. blklightning New Player

Here's the new Arc Lightning. I'm hoping to get a raid group together so we can see how many arcs will happen after it passes through me and back to them.

spord, is there a practical reason as to why Arc Lightning's animation was quickened? I don't know about others, but I much prefer the older animation.

• Like x 2
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

So I get arc to hit the sparring target (do damage) - arc yo a random player (heal) - arc back to same sparring target (no damage) - arc to me (heal) - arc to separate soaring target (do damage)

I'm so happy right now I want to cry but I'm not hoping to because water and electricity do not mix