GU36's Effects on PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brice Allen, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice Allen Loyal Player

This is intended to be a civil discussion and not a "Ermahgod I f***ing hate GU36." Yes some of us do but that's not what this thread is centered around. What it is centered around is that I am curious to see how you guys feel about GU36's possible effect on PVP. This discussion should span anywhere from Legends to Arena. Let me start it off with the topic of you can barely kill someone in 5v5 when both groups are running 2 Healers (heck sometimes groups have trouble killing another even when they are running 1 Healer). All DPS rotations will be slightly slower after GU36 because of that stupid dovetail addition, all powers that do AOE will split after 2, and then to top it all off Electroburst was sped up (there are obviously other viable Healing moves from other power sets I'm just listing Electroburst because of it's potency). On paper it seems out right that after GU36 it will be damn near impossible to kill someone in 5's if the both teams are competent and especially if both teams are running 2 Healers.

What do you guys think?
    • Like x 8
  2. ApocolypticShinobi New Player

Being that i solo q 90% of the time it looks like a pugs life is going to be harder. Focus fire should handle the slow down. Im lookin forward to the update even tho my pvp loadout took a nice hit. Would be nice to see more non gadget rage dps's in matches. New rotations as well itll give me something to do.
  3. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Ha nice thread xD, gonna kill scrims if the burst dpsing is made slower
  4. Orbit Eclipse New Player

PvP already died.. this update is just making sure it stays in the grave. Well I rarely get on this game anyways so it doesn't affect me, gu 36 will just make me stay off it permanently though.
  5. Dirty Fred New Player

Doing a 1 VS 1 arena VS a Healer as a DPS will be almost impossible to...
  6. FatKatt New Player

whats your celestial load out shinobi, is that the one you are saying took a hit?
  7. ApocolypticShinobi New Player

Admonish and deathmark were slowed and of course splitting will make a difference as well. But my loadout is ret, death mark, admonish, anoint, cyclone push, consume soul.
  8. Feydakeen New Player

Indeed, a 1x1 against tanks and healers will be a waste of time.

Even bad players will last forever, since you cannot burn him fast.

BUt, GU36 will just slow down the things, while MW will turn PVP impossible:

"Is he using DW or Rifle? Should I block now or later?"
    • Like x 1
  9. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Since the gap between combo precision based power sets and instant cast power sets are becoming much closer, I can see Celestial, HL and Rage having a much tougher time since most of their moves are vulnerable to interrupt, vulnerable to block(Rage and HL) or extremely vulnerable to CC due to the amount of time it takes to combo(Celestial) The devs said that those 3 will have a very slight advantage in damage due to the risk, just not as much as they do on live. But, imo the risk outweighs the reward in pvp (not pve) when you compare them to instant cast classes like Ice, Gadgets and nature who are already top dogs in pvp and will only get stronger in comparison when the top 3 get brought down a bit with gu36.
    • Like x 2
  10. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I think it's still too early to tell yet how PVP will be affected. There's too many variables, too many passes that still have yet to be made.

Ultimately if people test and give detailed feedback, the update and revisions will end up not changing things too much IMO. Rotations will changes, load-outs and builds will be revised, but the actual gameplay balance I think will probably stay cloase to status quo, or maybe even improve a little bit.
    • Like x 2
  11. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

There will be a few minor and somewhat noticeable changes to my attack patterns (even more so if I eventually respec from Celestial to Mental as I have been planning to do for quite some time). In the end, those like me who can easily adapt to major changes will ascend to and remain at the apex of PvP. I look forward to the sensationalism and confusion this update will undoubtedly cause as it gives my league a wonderful chance to heighten our war effort towards heroes and to promote organizational advancement as we annex qualified fractions of shattered leagues.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It is hard to predict how the changes will affect Legends PvP. I noticed several Legends powers being included in the lists of powers that were sped up or slowed down. For example, "Baseball Bat" takes longer to execute now. "LexCorp Surface Strike" has been sped up. Then you have to consider the changes to weapon blockbreakers and the new timings on certain attack animations.

I don't think anyone is doing Legends testing on the Test Server.
  13. Zim New Player

We won't know the effect gu36 will have on the pvp until it goes live. There are probably 4 or 5 people from the forums on test server that are actually productive and the rest are all useless.
    • Like x 3
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

Sadly any changes to PVP will be meaningless since you still get a reward even if you lose, I've spend so many fights just waiting at the node for someone to come, just to see them outside their entrance, not to far out, but still close enough not to get auto kicked.
  15. Volkenraider Loyal Player

This thread is more about competitive PVPing rather than grinding for marks ;)
    • Like x 8
  16. Brice Allen Loyal Player

^^
    • Like x 2
  17. Dirty Fred New Player

Another thing i been thinking of when WM comes out & what that will evolve into in PvP...

I have this thought that wont go away that people will do the WM combos hitting AIR just to get the crit bonuses, bypass getting countered & then launch there biggest hitting AoE on the opponents & repeat!
    (might even become a tactic in PvE aswell)
    If that happens PvP really gonna feel redicolouso_O!
  18. FatKatt New Player

wow that sucks, admonish and deathmark are my shiz, i go smite, admonish, ret, MoD, defile, debuff
  19. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Ewww...so like what we do with Smoke Bomb or 6 tap DW but on steroids possibly. That already hits rather hard. I can't imagine some ridiculous buffed version of that.
    • Like x 3
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Keep in mind that this is just a first pass at these issues. The next pass should be the adjustment if damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.