GU32: Nature update feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Karasawa Loyal Player

First of all, great work on this revamp. It truly is more than I ever expected. Voracious plants was exactly what nature dps needed and the revamped primal wolf makes it viable in T5 raids.

Some concerns I have in addition to what's already been mentioned:

-Wolf's blockbreakers have very, very short vulnerability windows. This is easily exploitable in pvp.

-Wolf's 4 tap hold uppercut has a cast bar that gets bugged out if you clip the uppercut too much.

-Bug form's range hold spit attack has no vulnerability window once you stop channeling it.

-I'm a bit concerned at how much precision we can stack using multiple precision buffs. From my testing it appears that a group buff like carnage will take 45% of your personal precision and give it to teammates. Your teammates can then use another precision buff like reinforce, which will take 45% of their buffed precision and add that increased amount to their original precision. Basically, it's A LOT of precision; like 60% more with just 2 buffs.
  2. Infernale New Player

Yeah, it looks like they've basically copied Electricity's Ionic Drain, but they've got the animations messed up so that it plays a sound effect and some of the animation still from Ionic Drain - its odd, it's like it starts with some leaves and stuff, but about half of a second later, it switches to the "almost Ionic Drain" animation, just without the channelled stream of electricity that ID usually shoots out at the target.

It's also lost the pheromone stack that it used to give, hopefully this is also a bug from just "copying" Ionic Drain - the healing during the cast time is nice, but bloom is useful if you're running a harvest-healing loadout where you want to get multiple stacks of pheromones on your allies.

One other problem caused by copying Ionic Drain is that ID is a "group" heal, Bloom was an "ally" heal, so this change has stopped Bloom from working on NPC's.
    • Like x 2
  3. Infernale New Player

Also - adding to my above post about Bloom, I just tested Sorc's updated IoR (sorc's equivalent heal, for any that don't know). IoR is still an "ally" heal, so it can be used on NPC's, it still grants Gold Soul Aura like it used to (10% Crit Healing Chance buff for 15 seconds), in addition to getting the heals during the cast time which are approximately double-size to anyone below 35% health (with 3345 resto I was giving around 50hp per tick for anyone above 35% health, but around/just over 100hp/tick for anyone below 35%).

On this basis, I don't think that Bloom should lose it's pheromones. Especially not if the tradeoff is the terrible damage that it now does during the cast.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sytenia Committed Player

Uhm, why does the 4 tap hold melee attack in wolf form have a cast bar? I sure hope that is not intended.
    • Like x 3
  5. KillTheSilence New Player

Wolf shouldn't have a castbar on its uppercut. WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD DO THAT?
    • Like x 2
  6. NorthernLad New Player

The changes may work out ok for DPS (after the update goes live), but Bloom in live offers that awesome massive heal at the end. If they leave it the way it is now on test, it becomes worthless in healing role. The ticks of healing I saw from it last night were very low, and like I said, the big end heal was gone. I will be upset because it's a great healing move (the way it currently is).
    • Like x 1
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

I do have Wolf Form Range issues maybe someone can confirm:

Using the Range Attack (Hold > Hold /clip with power) in Wolf Form and then trying to use Briar or Vine Lash on the target does not apply the DoT on the target.

Add. note: It does not apply if I clip it right on time but if I wait for them it does apply however this should not be the case cause the other powers like Car. Plants apply on the target if clipped right on time.
    • Like x 1
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Curious is this on dummy or everything, I was seeing same thing on dummy but chalked it up to dummy issues.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Did you see the damage though? it's nearly 2X a smokebomb. Taps are less damage than MA though.
  10. KillTheSilence New Player

Carnivorous Plants and Chaotic Growth are still too similar.

Consider adding a grounding effect to Chaotic Growth and make it a 25% and make it similar to the damage over time of cursed idol.

Chaotic Growth should be a 25% strong DoT.

Carnivorous Plants should be one burst tick and heal.
    • Like x 1
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

I ran a few solos to test Aoe etc and ye, same issue there.
    • Like x 1
  12. KillTheSilence New Player

Also,

Throrn Shieild, now called Thorn Burst, still gives the 1.5s 50 defense buff.

Either remove it or add 200 toughness and 200 defense to it. 50 defense is USELESS.
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yeah the damage is pretty high on wolf at the moment. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of them running around open world soon.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Aye, the uppercut especially is at 1k prec like a tick of 1k+ and a tick of 700+. If you clip quickly you lose the second hit. I ws thinking it was planned actually to make clipping it more interesting. /shrug.
  15. Infernale New Player

This is a good example of why leaving the percentage signs out of the "Current Effects" tab is misleading.

Similar to how Ice just shows it's tank buff as "90 Defense", Thorn Burst's "50 Defense" is actually a 50% boost.

Just tested it then, my Defense went from 3873 to 5809 (you've gotta get into your stats list immediately after casting to catch it before the effect wears off).
    • Like x 3
  16. KillTheSilence New Player

Ok so there's a defense boost. This does nothing for PvP. It needs to add "50 Toughness" as well.
    • Like x 2
  17. NorthernLad New Player

Here's a video (not mine) that illustrates the sad thing that Bloom has become (about the 6:30 minute mark).

18. Sore Steadfast Player

I think the pushback on Bloom is pretty cool. Think about someone going down. The troll next to you pops his shield and hits the cog. While that's going on, you hit Bloom and push all nearby enemies back. Hopefully we have enough DOM to do it or it skips the DOM check.
    • Like x 6
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The effects are nice, but the animation change sucks because the old animation was pretty cool.
    • Like x 2
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

I do miss the leaves being left on the ground. Those were fun to drop as I DPS.
    • Like x 1