GU 43: Mental Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sardik New Player

As Mepps said and i already posted here Terror Tendrils should be fixed to proper split damage at this update.
  2. E Clip Dedicated Player

Sorry, it seems I've missed that. :(
  3. Sardik New Player

NP, but you are not the only one who missed it.
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

Any new power takes time in an MMO, as it is a player controlled aspect that has to act alongside other player controlled aspects in the same environment. It's more complicated than you're making it out to be. Maps, as they are not controlled by players at any one time would be much easier to reuse and don't have to have coding and testing for damage, debuffs, PIs, or CC.

I don't agree that pulls are the best form of CC much for a troll. Singularity, is a unique power to Quantum, and is used more for the defense debuff then the pull. A trol wants CC that stops the enemy from acting, mostly stuns. A tanks wants CC that keeps the rest of the group safe while bring attention to them, pulls. Again, a single target pull could be argued for, but since this is an update for the AM, its not likely going to happen.

Mass Lev is a ranged, 4 person stun that was not used, because it had a cast bar. That's a good form of CC that wasn't there before.

Any future looks at Mental's CC should be more focused on making terrorized a viable form of CC. Its the CC an entire tree works around and ends up being more of a hindrance than a help. Horrific Visage is the only useful CC from the Illusions tree, but only in very, very, particular situations and with a long cooldown.

Something I should have pointed out about the first Tunso quote is that he's made it clear this is for Mental's AM, not a power revamp in general. He has made exceptions when changes for the AM took something away from WM, as seen with the changes for Pyro and Mass Terror. The only non-AM problem they have told us they might look at is the problem with TT not splitting.

The AM just need to get dazed integrated somehow, and the AM might do well enough. Hopefully Mental gets a more general look at in the next update.
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

but ML does the dazed PI, doesnt it?
    for me, when i compair AM with other powers, i think Mentals AM is fun to play ^^
    only one thing bothers me: ML seems to do alot less dammage than MT,
    and work on its fullest, only at mas range. seems not realy equivalent at first,
    but if u look at the amplifiers, telekinetics do more dmg than illusions powers ^^
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

The choice between Mass Lev and Mass Terror is supposed to the risk reward of getting in close, not the PI. Currently players can use are forced to use the first 4 slots for buillding and activating resonance. This leaves only two slots for either Mass Lev and Pyro, but Mass Lev only does about half Mass Terror's damage, Mass Terror and Pyro, but Pyro loses its 3rd tick plus TK Bolt and TK Push lose their burst, or Mass Terror and Mass Lev, but that loses Pyro's very necessary DoTs and forces users to sacrifice time to reapply dazed with Mass Lev.

Either integrating dazed into the resonance amplifiers, similar to what I suggested earlier, or having Pyro apply dazed, like E Clip suggested, seem to be the best solutions at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im very underwhelmed and unsastified with the AM, as is most of the Mental community.

You took Mass Terror from being a staple D.o.T to being a staple burst. While it is still the center of attention, that is the main issue.
    Not to mention, the utter limited use of Telekinesis outside of 1v1 PvP, solo content and using it in junction to meteor.
    even with that, Thought bubble outdoes it in every area (not including p.o.t)
    makes no sense to me. If anything, Invisibility needs an overhaul or a damage buff attached to it.
    reflect pain.. you left it untouched and it's not useful outside Invisibility. You guys destroyed the use of it along with several other powers, in PvP.
    Horrific Visage... another power not touched but it really needs a buff.
    Controlling is good. Could be better.
    fix up HV and RP, revamp Invisibility and it's good to go for controlling

Oh,
    1) Mass Hysteria=100% SC.. not even worth the hassle. Robot sidekick is better. That's sad.
    i dont understand why this is even 100%.. the pets die too easy and damage is minimal
    2) instead of making both trees viable, the one thing holding it together was destroyed.
    3) Pyrokinesis does not perform on the level that Mass Terror used to.
    4) why does TK Bolt not stun? That could have been a good controller power.
    5) please buff Terrorize. Or just rework it.

That's it from me.
    Have a wonderful day
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.