GU 43: Light Construct Combo Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D4rkB0w Active Player

I don't know why you mentioning live, if you can out dps gadget on live that player isn't good or you are much more gear or have much more sp then him, any good gadget dps would wipe floor with you currently on live. Btw saying that thing about keeping to old ways and we need to forget them and stuff rly reminds me of giggles...
    • Like x 5
  2. jr1nc Dedicated Player

please dont compare me to giggles im sure numbers will be close in damage! but once again if they buff damage it will be good for the average HL player! my concerns are the nurfs on live after the GU is released!
  3. D4rkB0w Active Player

On test HL is still behind other powers specially now with buff to all might based AM's(mby not behind all of them but most of them), and no currently on live HL cant compete with gadgets.

For giggle part didnt want to compare but he did write that a lot :D
    • Like x 3
  4. kajutsu New Player

I would prefer a 'late nerf' than a 'never buff'
    • Like x 3
  5. DatWhizKid Active Player

As I've stated before, my melee loadout works fantastic. It took me some time but I've found a play style that suits me and now I'm doing the numbers that I wanted to see. I use several different range loadouts and I'm noticing some are better than others depending on the situation. The range damage is not poor but I do see inconsistent crit numbers at times. My main issue was whether or not if other AM's were getting bonuses that we weren't. The best part of this AM is the flexibility so finding what works best for you is all I can recommend.
  6. Lantern Jild New Player

I am not going to keep this argument with you, really, you claim that you are a top HL player and even didn't notice that SQ did not benefit from WM crit

what people that are "crying so hard" are talking about is BALANCE, and if you continue to be narrow minded and can't see that, i have no idea what else to say...
    • Like x 3
  7. Lantern Jild New Player

Indeed, problem is not damage it self because it looks "fine", but when compared with other AMs, well you get the idea
    • Like x 2
  8. jr1nc Dedicated Player

far from being top of the list! there are players here on the forums who know how to run HL well! but hopefully HL will be better on live soon! and i will do whatever i can with it! GL to everyone!
  9. Luis Rios New Player

Well hopefully you make this AM look better than the last revamp because the times I've ran with you, you weren't anywhere near the top or close to the damage of my electric or ice toon
    • Like x 3
  10. jr1nc Dedicated Player

only 2 people ive played against that was ice that are really good damage wise! i dont think it was you! electric not anyone i know or remember going against so feel free to tell my your alts names!
  11. Grid Ion Committed Player

Back on topic chaps. This ain't a dps contest thread.

The update was set to release today but I guess it has been delayed. Lets hope that they make some needed adjustments to HL as advised by the community.
    • Like x 6
  12. Luis Rios New Player

Lol XxChidorixX has been both of them
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah let's stay on topic. Ok so let's try to not make many posts after this because I want to show Tunso the community agrees with what I'm about to propose:

1) Add a 7%-10% crit damage to our AM damage calculation. Countless of threads and posts have explained how this AM is good vs our own WM but may not be able to compete against other powers. The AM is perfect but the damage could deserve a buff.

2) Make Chompers a full strength DoT. A dot similar to cyrofoam or wintery tempest. It used to be full strength in a early testbuild back in a early game update post gu37. We already have Spikequake which can benefit from WM now. We as a powerset do not have any dots that do more than 1-2 base damage comparable to the burning dot. I understand we aren't a dot heavy powerset but it would be nice to compete with other powers when using WM or the clipping mechanic.

3) Make Snaptrap an AoE sized move. We currently have two powers that work exactly the same in Grasping Hand and Snaptrap. Why not include an option for people who want to use AoE or single target? Also Snaptrap benefits from dazing and can combo into Fan which also benefits from dazing so Snaptrap could be an ideal burst power for WM users. John Stewart's Grenade power works exactly the same as Snaptrap but is a 8 man AoE.

Thanks to Tunso for your hardwork and effort. You have really worked hard on our powerset for the better. Hope you can at least consider this.
    • Like x 12
  14. jr1nc Dedicated Player

never heard of you but ill invite you in a group today if ya want play ice if ya can!
  15. PhantomVision New Player

Im all for point 1 and 3 but not point2.

If u want a full strength DoT, that should be Spikequake which already has a weaker DoT ticking for 12 secs.
    No more changes for Chompers please!
    • Like x 2
  16. Unrevoke New Player

Just tested Light after today's update, Annnnd.... NOTHING!

No adjustment to damage, crit% or crit damage to make it on par with other AMs. Even with the fix to Ice canceling the dovetail of Arctic Gust, it's still a good 2k behind.

Mostly because Arctic Gust damage = Light AM damage, but the difference is that they can lay down a full strength DOT, pop a weapon buff that procs might damage and increase crit damage by 10% all while suffering no restart time. HL does not have access to a full strength DOT and suffers from a restart time when performing it's AM if it want's to use its weapon buff.

I give up on HL and this thread, sorry I tried my best :(

On the upside, looks like the PI and DOT issue with the sparring dummies are fixed!
    • Like x 3
  17. DatWhizKid Active Player

Chompers or Spike Quake as a full DoT, lower the timer for our AM to either the first precision hit or 2sec, and Grasping Hand or Snap Trap as an AoE would complete the HL update. Shouldn't have to wait for relentless mod and our AM to kick in before we do optimal damage. No other powerset has to.
    • Like x 3
  18. Wanning Comet Committed Player

BUG: Recharge does not clip the construct light blast or minigun combos.

I know it's late to bring this up, but it would be really nice if you could address this in the 12th hour before the update: recharge should clip all weapon combos and basically all powers but it currently does not clip the construct combos of light blast or minigun. Since constructs are just weapon combos, I think this is a bug and am hoping you can fix it. It would really be nice to clip a recharge into the combo chain whenever you want and would probably really help weaponless troll builds. I logged into test tonight to see how viable and fun weaponless trolling would be with the combo AM but without the ability to exit the combo chain at any point to dump insta power, it's really awkward and probably won't be that useful.

It would also be really nice if trolls got access to the damage buff of the combo AM, I don't see why gagdets is allowed to get the boosted AM damage in troll stance but HL can't access the combo buff.
    • Like x 2
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I agree that trolls should benefit from the combo damage. Gadgets can benefit from the AM in troll form in terms of damage. And it's time that Chompers was made into a full strength dot. You don't have to worry about anything because it works just like Fan and other burst powers with a base damage range of 30-41 and 5 ticks of 1-2 damage. It's a weak dot, it works a lot like Naplam Grenade except the burning dot lasts a little longer than the Chompers dot. If it's made into a full strength dot than it will benefit us while we do our burst powers.
  20. Unrevoke New Player

Probably because even though those are construct combos, they are still considered channeled abilities. Can't clip those
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.