GU 43: Light Construct Combo Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkhawk Well-Known Player

I'm staggering through these pages, trying to figure out why everyone seems to be losing hope in HL. What have I missed?
  2. Unrevoke New Player

Tunso nerfed damage by about 25% from the first build... This AM does about 10-11k DPS. That's about 3k less than most good powers, and 5k less than ice's AM.

The first build would have been perfect after they buffed Might AMs. But they essentially nerfed HL and buffed other powers, so pretty much a double nerf to HL.... The recent nerf to HL on test needs to be reverted in order for HL to be competitive.
    • Like x 1
  3. Luis Rios New Player

I love how tunso is relying to the community -_-
    • Like x 2
  4. kajutsu New Player

Never had time to properly test it!
    Does anyone know if Neo-venom have an impact on combo?
    • Like x 1
  5. Unrevoke New Player

Tunso,

Any chance we can get some of the recent nerfs to HL reverted and/or get the same AM bonus that might powers get? +5% crit chance and +25% crit damage. I see no logical reason that Light should be excluded from this bonus, simply saying "Light's Am counts as weapon damage" isn't much of a "logical" reason. It's more of a technicality.
    • Like x 4
  6. Lantern Jild New Player

On my knees begging... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I think he might be afraid of imbalances that could occur in the future or maybe it's intended to be like that I'm not sure. Would love to see a response from Tunso on this before the rolls out. Tunso did a great job with the mechanic and the attention to detail but in terms of damage it just won't keep up with other powersets. It's either that or we are all testing it wrong somehow.

We are a very unique power set because we aren't DoT heavy (we don't really have a full strength DoT) and might heavy but more of a precision/burst type of power with terrific single target options. We can also generate a lot of damage with minimal power used.
  8. DatWhizKid Active Player

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the idea of balancing when some AM's get bonuses that others don't. The new light AM is awesome in every way except the damage numbers. The fact that we're unable to use WM while using our AM should mean we get all the bonuses that a WM user would get if we do or don't spec into WM. The fact that we're unable to use Inspiration during our AM means that bonus should be applied to our AM as well. (25% crit damage + 5% crit chance) + (10% crit chance + 15% precision) Those bonuses should be innate when using Light's AM.
    • Like x 3
  9. Lantern Jild New Player

It is hard, maybe as you said we are doing something wrong and this AM does really high damage... in that case i'll love to see any post from anyone telling us "lol guys... learn to play, this is the right way to do this" and a video linked, but not getting an answer about why we dont get that extra damage/crit other than we do white damage or any other kind of buff, its hard..
    • Like x 1
  10. Viridian Pyre Level 30

Lol guys, learn how to play.... er, I've got nothing new. All joking aside, an answer would most definitely be appreciated to, at the very least, help us understand the reasoning behind the crit and damage bonus differences. I think I can speak for everyone contributing here that no one wants this AM to be OP, just equal with the other AM's and WM in terms of DPS potential. As for WM and this AM, does anyone start their AM combo with a WM and if so, does it make a noticeable difference in numbers?
    • Like x 1
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

I need to get back to test and check just how damaged it is again, last time i went in it was still working fine, but considering they like to ninja nerf power now maybe they made it work just as it does on live, which is horribly bad, and just gave us the range combo which right now seems like the only improvement the powers had in the last 9 months.
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Hardlights damage is fine now. It was overpowered like crazy when it came out on test. Its been toned down a bit but seriously some of you are being wicked over dramatic about it. Crying so hard that they nerfed it.

I was just playing HL on test and was having a blast. The damage is great and is pretty on par with everything else in the game.

STOP listening to these people that base the classes abilities and strengths and dps output on a test dummy. It is not an accurate portrayal of actual dps out.

Dummy no hit back
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

neither do adds if you know what you are doing :)
  14. Swiftduck Loyal Player

lol touche'
  15. PhantomVision New Player

I think that beside crit chances that all are mad about:
    1. Relentless Precision Mod should be changed to be able to trigger at the same time AM triggers, so I think after 3-4x hits (thats still slow enough compared to instant and stacking Escalating Might buff!);
    2. Inspiration shouldnt be factored in/ required for our AM to put out good numbers.
    • Like x 1
  16. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I've been on test several times do to the changes im still hitting hard! Im not going to get into rotations but I think some are used to the old ways and yet have figured out other ways to play HL.... for those that know me and played with me.. I will make hardlight look OP... but im not going to say anything nor will I put a video up for hardlight until live. . Seems like damage is factor in wrong and yes I feel most are playing it wrong for max damage! I would of liked to run raids with those who claim there damage is crap compare to me on test but for what there is no point .. game update is around the corner
  17. PhantomVision New Player

Its doesnt matter what others do or cannot do.
    Test if u can beat ur own damage compared to you using Ice or Gadgets.
    • Like x 1
  18. jr1nc Dedicated Player

im not sure but ive played against some good gadgets and ice players on live, my damage is close in raids, but in SM seems to be a difference .. due to this new AM i think its good to compete but it all depends how you play it i guess.. i dont play other powersets i just compete against it as long as my numbers are close im happy!
  19. Lantern Jild New Player

Once again, this is NOT a HL competition, if you want to compare HL dps do so with ICE, then come here with numbers showing that you kick the crap out of an ice player....

HL Combo AM needs a buff (7-10%) and thats it, as i said before, show me ONE HL player running top tier content using clipping/power back mechanic
    • Like x 1
  20. jr1nc Dedicated Player

im not worried about beating a player in dps! lmao you baffle me with these accusations but once again if you continue to be narrow minded and not see the potential in HL then i have no idea what to say! I dont play ICE or GADGETS never will! but ive also invited you to several matches to see what you are doing on live as far as HL but it seems like you dont want to! Im not here to brag! im here to try and understand what rotations people are working with! there are ICE and GADGET players that are amazing! not every ice or gadgets will play the same and that goes for HL, The gadgets and ice players on USPC are great some are really terrible, but i really don't have those issues this is why im trying to see what most players run on there loadout!
    and if you had accept my invites maybe you would see what im doing as far as HL! but i do use power back mechanics when needed!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.