GU 33 Feedback: PvP Season 2

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Crafty_Crafter, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Crafty_Crafter Developer

Good News Everybody!

I hope you all had a happy and safe New Years. We're working on going through the feedback, and I've got the following changes approved and hitting a server near you as soon as they can!

• We're increasing the cap on Marks of Valor to 1500 up from 1000
    • The feats for winning different numbers of Lair Battles will now count each round as a victory instead of each entire match, which should make hitting the trophy for 1000 a bit easier. This will of course not be retroactive, it will only affect Lair Battles going forward.
    • We will be adding the Checkmate Operative, Checkmate Informant, Malevolent Knight and Virtuous Knight style items to the PvP Vendors. These will be available to players who have access to DLC4 and will cost Marks of Valor.

The first two changes have already been done and should go out either with GU33 or with the next hotfix afterwards, and the style items on the PvP vendor I'm currently working on and hope to have out sometime shortly after the other two.

Thanks again for your continued responses, we appreciate your testing and feedback!
    -CC
    • Like x 26
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

Great news, thanks Crafty.

Let me ask you, when can we expect to be able to pay for the mainframe upgrades with PvP marks? That was one of the things talked about in the PvP Panel at SOE 2013, but no word on that since.
    • Like x 3
  3. BadJade New Player

Season 2 just gets better and better. Bring on the carpel tunnel from pvping all day and night. Also, as you know the mark of triumph is everywhere so maxing out the lair is a non issue. With the price on the new gear being as it is. When would you be able to use pvp marks for ht.
    • Like x 2
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You just made tharkis's day I'm sure.

Thanks as always crafty.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

YAY! /bounces around happily So happy!
    • Like x 1
  6. uXix Committed Player

Finally!
    • Like x 2
  7. Drakonicus New Player

<insert that creepy clip with the children and the lizard here>

Awesome news. For the changes, and for the fact it represent a lot of feedback form the community. Think i gonna save that post for when i need a "devs dont listen" reply
  8. Black Teddy New Player

agreed due to the fact you only see the style drops for it once in a blue moon
  9. Drakonicus New Player

One of the most solid and anticipated GU's ever, and thats coming from someone who only does Legends.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It has been added, just look halfway up this page.
    • Like x 1
  11. Anima Committed Player

Excellent news, indeed...
    • Like x 1
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

I agree it's cake, this is just so the people who complain they can't be bothered to PvE for 90 mins a month have nothing else to complain about. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

Also Crafty, one other question, since PvP is banned from PvE, why can't you sell PvP only expert plans? Each expert plan requires the highest PvP CR to unlock, and it is just the plan for say 1,500 marks. Then people still have to go farm for the materials, such as simple and complex along with exos, but at least everyone has access to the same exact mods and consumables to even the playing field.

Is this something you guys are considering? I just don't understand why this has not been done yet, especially when PvP is banned from PvE. If PvP were still usable in PvE I could certainly understand why they were not included.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is great! Thanks to you and the the other devs for being so responsive on these requests! Good job!

Hope you managed some relaxation time on holiday! (And if you didn't, that you have it soon.)
    • Like x 1
  15. Rumour Committed Player

I wonder if my thread helped in some way for the DLC 4 styles. :)
    Thank you for adding the styles in a vendor. Makes DLC 4 more viable.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...king-dlc-4-the-last-laugh-more-viable.183070/
    • Like x 2
  16. Blight KOBRA Commander

Very cool, thanks for making the changes and adding the Checkmate and Knight sets.
    • Like x 2
  17. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it.
    But how about selling the styles, which are no longer available as gear (former renown-gear), for PVE-currency aswell?

It is no PVP-armor anymore, only styles for feats, so they are not linked to PVP anymore except for being former PVP-styles. To make them available for MoT aswell would make them a lot more interesting for altaholics, who focus on PVE in the first place, but who'd like to get the style-feats.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I read this and can't help but feel someone is going to say you should have to PVP, but i'm with ya. Let people earn feats by doing stuff they enjoy :)
    • Like x 2
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Thanks for your support. :)
    To your thought I also have to add, that people can get PVE-styles with doing PVP only, because PVP-marks can be converted into MoT, but not the other way around.
    So people, who focus on PVE, should at least be able to buy pure styles for feats, which have their origin in PVP, for PVE-currency, too, even if they can't buy actual PVP-armor for PVE-currency (which is not a problem for me).
    • Like x 1
  20. Magical Reset Committed Player

Yeah, that'd be wonderful. I personally really despise PvP but I end up spending most of my days doing them for feats. There are just so many grindy feats for PvP and not enough challenge feats.

I wouldn't mind instead of getting 100 wanted bounties done or 10,000 players killed or 1000 matches won, they have some sort of feats along the lines of skillful play. For example, kill 50 players with block counter, blockbreaking 100 players, survive a massive brawl, surviving or winning 2 or 3 on 1 fights, kill player with the ball/objective, beat players healed by barrels, winning with fewer kills but more captures, etc.
    • Like x 1