GU 33 Feedback: PvP Season 2

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Crafty_Crafter, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Crafty_Crafter Developer

Howdy y'all, Crafty Crafter here with some information for our upcoming Game Update 33 feature:

PvP Season 2!

The next season of PvP is going to be different from the first in a few ways, as well as introduce some new features and of course, new styles! Some of the features are:

• New PvP Gear - Season 2 will span PvP levels 86-90 and will be available on vendors in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom for Marks of Valor
    • New Appearances - Heroes will get a new Red Tornado inspired-by style set, and villains will get an Amazo inspired-by style set. In addition to this, there are new variant styles added to the Avatar Bombardier, Logistics Officer and Aeronaut sets.
    • Up-Tiering of existing PvP gear - Previously earned PvP gear will have its PvP level and stats changed to reflect the new season. The changes are as follows: 77 becomes 85, 81 becomes 86, 82 becomes 87, 83 becomes 88, and 84 becomes 89.
    • New appearance vendor - Since we have removed some styles from the game that were previous PvP rewards, we've created a vendor that sells previously used PvP appearances for Marks of Valor. This is where you can find the Archangel or Blood Bat gear, as well as the Gunslinger coat!
    • New reward structure - no more lockouts! With the new season we're moving away from daily and weekly lockouts completely. We will have Marks of Valor as rewards for Arena matches. The amount of Marks rewarded will be based on your current PvP tier as well as whether you won or lost the match.
    • Legends matches will reward 2/1 Marks of Legends for a win/loss, as well as Marks of Valor based on your current PvP tier similar to Arena matches. This means you can now progress through PvP tiers while playing your favorite Legends characters!
    • The Champions Weekly Reward boxes have been removed. Instead players who have access to DLC4 either by purchasing it or having a Legendary subscription will have a chance to receive an additional item for winning an Arena or Legends match. This item could be PvP consumables, housing items, Missives, or Mod Recovery kits.

This thread is for feedback, questions and bug reports on PvP Season 2, so post away. As always with bug reporting try to be as thorough as you can with reproduction steps so that we can try to get issues resolved faster, and please be constructive and on-topic when posting. Trolling and posts that detract from the discussion will not be tolerated. I will not hesitate to shine the Mepps signal into the night sky.

Have fun and I hope you enjoy the new season of PvP!
    -CC
    • Like x 3
  2. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

Some feedback on PVP which is something that would make season 2 much better is something which was brought up by quite a few of us at the last SOE Live. Lair battles are a slogging grind right now for feats. In talking with Tunso and Spord it was evident that because of playstation trophies, the feat cant be reduced like the other feats were, so it remains with everyone needing 1000 lair battles. What we did discuss however was a way to not only make the feat go faster, but make the battles much more competitive. Instead of 1 win credit only at the completion of the whole match... have each round you win count as a win. I know that Tunso said he thought it was a fantastic idea, as did almost every player who was involved with the discussion.

Right now half the time when you kill someone in the first round they just stand around and die to you the next rounds. It makes for very un-fun matches that are just a kinda lame in lair battles. What this change would do would give a reason for fights to be competitive and for people keep trying and competing. A match that goes to five rounds wouldn't be a 'waste of time' anymore, because if you lose, you get 2 win credits, your opponent gets 3 and the marks / box / whatever.

The whole queue system makes working on lair battle feats a slogging grind where you run into the same couple people over and over and over and over, which makes it quite un-fun. Anything that reduces the tedium of working on the feat AND makes the matches more competitive is good in my opinion !
    • Like x 17
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Having issues right now. First I logged in, and I had already gone up to the what is now 87 gear (aeronaut style) from going through it previously on test. But while my gear jumped up, my PVP CR did not. I had to purchase the cash set then the next set. But when I got to Aeronaut again I can't seem to advance. I have all the pieces and my PVP CR is now 87, but there's nothing else on the vendors. not sure what's up.
    • Like x 2
  4. aceCase Committed Player

The Checkmate gear needs to be added to that vendor as well!
    • Like x 32
  5. Little Sister New Player

Bug - The Style Vendor in the Hall of Heroes is currently carrying Speed Force Spectrum style. That is the PVE style and it needs to be switched for the Nth Metal Suit style.

Comment - The Non-Variant style pieces (aka the originals) should be added to the Vendor. Perhaps Checkmate and Knight styles as well.

Comment - Synthetic Mods should include everything. Like Resto / Precision, etc.

Comment - Elemental Android style looks great !
    • Like x 9
  6. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

Right now the gear scaling for PVP seems out of whack. Everyone's HP and toughness are going way up, but the damage people do is not going up equally for all powers in PVP. Precision based powers look to be getting a massive edge because their powers scale with both weapon damage and prec, but might based powers do not scale with better weapons, only with might stat, and with a full set of PVP CR90 gear fully modded, you're scaling up the might much less than your effective precision, with the 224.1 dps weapons.

Parsing right now, I definitely do vastly more damage with celestial than i do with other might based powers in pvp. I hope that my parsing is just off, but that's my impression so far >_< Can anyone else confirm what i'm seeing, or blow it out of the water? =D
    • Like x 2
  7. Ice Knight Well-Known Player

I hope when this goes live that we dont have to re buy the old sets , just to see new cr 90 gear like on test.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We won't. The patch notes state that all the current PVP sets will be upgraded. So basically if you have full Vengeance now you will be PCP CR 89 when GU33 hits. If you have full Vengeance (or Punchline) you can go straight to buying the new set.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Ignore this, I was just use to it being in the side rooms, I just had to go to the correct PVP room vendors and I was able to find all the gear. Sorry about that.

I did still have to restart the whole progression I'm not sure if that's right.
  10. uXix Committed Player

Why is that?
    Yes, this is a fantastic idea and should be implemented with GU33.
    • Like x 2
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

There is a trophy associated with the feat. The would have to patch the trophy as well I would assume.
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

What was your cr? Did you already have full Vengeance/Punchline gear before logging on test?
  13. uXix Committed Player

I understand that but as Tharkis said "it can't be reduced.."

Weren't there trophies associated with the other arena/legends win feats that were reduced? o_O

1000 wins is just ridiculous for so many reasons..
    • Like x 2
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Naw I was only 82, and then I aws stuck at 82 even though the gear I had went to 87. it was odd.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

They didn't have Trophies for those, or maybe not worded in a way that gave values? "achieve X feat" where X feat is complete 250 arkhams. You can change the feat as the trophy is just for the feat. But have it be "achieve 1000 wins in Lair battles" then you still need to get 1000 wins in lair battles. Just a guess, but it's probably some bureaucratic bs similar to that.
    • Like x 2
  16. Canadian Justice Committed Player

How does this comment not have a million likes by now?
    • Like x 9
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

Yeah mark cap is kinda lol now. ^^

+ infinite ^^
    • Like x 8
  18. Blight KOBRA Commander

Any chance of adding the Checkmate PvP sets to the new style vendor? You can sell them for a 1000 Marks of Valor for each individual piece if you want I'd just like to complete them and not rely on the vault.
    • Like x 11
  19. Magical Reset Committed Player

1000 mark cap seems low. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind if it takes fewer marks to get each piece.
    • Like x 3
  20. uXix Committed Player

Caps on all marks should be raised, not just pvp marks.
    • Like x 7