Ground Breaking Guide to Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by AIpha, Feb 16, 2013.

1. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Well I personally think earth only needs a tweak or two.
    JH lasts 12 seconds and the cool down is 10 seconds. So there is a smaller window, but damage shift stays up forever and gemstone can be used for almost all of its duration if you don't aftershock it all the way. Only issue if you do this is 4/6th of your load out is already decided. Then it's Either epicenter, earthen grip, or for me throwing knives.
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

i agree. earth is almost perfect for me. if i just didnt have to set up a pi to knock crap down...
  3. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If you're acro you should try throwing knives. If you're not, sorry.
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

throwing knives is the best move for what it does. what im talking about are localized tremor, jacks, 360 degree moves that knock stuff down, but only with a pi. thats all. heck even fires backdraft is a 360 pull, that also knocks stuff down.
  5. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Throwing knives is a spam able knock down. Most adds never even become immune to it. It's a cone and hits at max range. I don't use it in nexus but in wave it's useful for the adds. The adds hit harder than most of the bosses in wave. I swap out earthen grip sometimes.
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

i hear ya, and i do know all of that. i use the same loadout as you basically. thats not my point though. its as though they made earth harder just for the sake of making it different for some reason. backdraft is 100% more effective than epicenter for the simple fact its pulls and knocks everything down. etc etc
    thats all im saying.
    either way im interested to see the new power when it comes out, and specifically its tank mechanic. i got a theory a lot of suggestions most people have for earth are going to be in the new power.
  7. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Possibly. Much like how some people think quantum got what mental needed, celestial got what sorcery needed, and maybe soon to be earth and the new tank.
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

This weekend my GF is going out of town so I'll see if I can make a guide. I'll mostly just get the powers down and some simple tanking stuff. I'll do it in Word first. I've never actually dps with earth, so I'll just make sure to leave a couple reserved posts, but I'll need help in that regard.
  9. Lacedog Loyal Player

i was just running with an earth dps, he was using the crush pi. if i were to have dazed adds in an effort to cc and knock things down, he would have been screwed. just something to mention, and also another example of why using a pi to knock stuff down is dumb.
  10. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I don't see how you would have messed him up. Adds and bosses can be both dazed and crushed.
  11. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Lol I was starting to make one 10min before I see your poqt if you want I can send you some loadout for tanking and how I'm using it.
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If you want to make it you can. I was just going to do it sometime this weekend cause I'd have more time to kill.
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

they over write each other as far as i know. debris field uses both pi's, but he was using shards and striking stones as well, which only use the crushing pi.
    im not saying it was a huge deal, but it doesnt promote using an earth tank and dps in the same instance.
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

i might be wrong about them over writing, because i know quantum can set all 3 of its pi's, but i could of sworn it was different with earth.
  15. 13igtyme Devoted Player

During the seasonal I was dps just to speed it up. I was using both curshing and dazed at the same time. I stayed spec'd tank so I only have earthen grip and shards for one Pi, and stone and localized tremor for the other Pi. Both continued to do more damage, but I can test this on a sparring target. It wouldn't make sense for two different pi's to somehow cancel or override.
  16. mgkaenzo Committed Player

idc really and my english isn't that good. I'll try to do something but if you have time I'm okey and I wasn't planning to put dps thing for the start.
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

My neither, I don't really know much about dps side, other than damage shift still works in dps stance.
  18. Lacedog Loyal Player

disregard. i found where i got the info. i misunderstood what was being said. funny how long something will stick with you until you go and try it yourself.
  19. mgkaenzo Committed Player

xD good knowledge, it's one thing to know.
  20. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I've officially decided to make the guide. I'll start working on it tomorrow and should at least have the powers and tanking basics.
    • Like x 2