"GOTHAM" Series Landed By Fox

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Boscohark Well-Known Player

This!
  2. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

"Last night, while audiences were watching Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson on the pilot episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Fox threw its lot in with Gotham, a Batman prequel show developed by The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller that will cover 'the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham famous.'

A Gotham City police procedural isn’t a new concept — the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning comics series Gotham Central, written by Ed Brubaker and Greg Rucka, was set firmly in the shadow of the Bat, and chronicles the challenge of the G.C.P.D. and traditional law enforcement in a city already overrun by masked criminals and vigilantes. If Gotham takes place pre-Batman — and thus before the rise of his rogues gallery — it’ll need to take a very different route.

In most chronologies, James Gordon — the man who will later become Commissioner Gordon, and Batman’s ally in the police department — is a transplant to Gotham, which makes him an ideal point-of-view character to introduce audiences to whatever era or iteration of the city the new show chooses. Gotham is a rich setting, with a weird, dark, and substantially supernatural history; even without Batman-inspired supervillains, Fox will have mobsters, the occult, and, of course, the extended and creepy origins of Arkham Asylum.

The involvement of Heller points to a police procedural, but Gotham could also choose to focus on — or incorporate — elements of political drama. After all, the Wayne family is tangled closely with Gotham history, and Gotham might be best served as a Caprica-style prequel, tracing the rise and fall of Gotham City’s dynasties, and the origin story of how the once-magnificent city decayed to the crime-ridden metropolis that inspired a superhero."
  3. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

I'm super excited, but I just wish AMC got ahold of this. Fox hasn't exactly been putting out cinema quality stories lately. It's mostly been sitcoms & reality/contest shows nowadays.
  4. Meta Flare New Player

Amc would kill this idea. I can imagine how awesome it would be.

Fox however will kill this. But in the sense of it dying a horrible death.
    • Like x 1
  5. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

If only Whedon would get the rights to this, too.... But with him already doing Agents of SHIELD, it's highly unlikely he'd be willing to do GOTHAM. I really, really don't want to see this show crash and burn. Fox needs to do at least SOMETHING right.
    • Like x 1
  6. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    I would love to see a Wesley Dodds' Sandman cameo.

[IMG]
    or Gray Ghost.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ala Rebelde New Player

The Sandman! yey!! It would be nice indeed!