give us hard raids already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xskateXX, Sep 6, 2014.

1. xskateXX Well-Known Player

Give us something like paradox back in the days where it was hard
    Everything isnt challanging anymore exept survival mode but thats an event
    Stop listening to the pugs who ask for nerfs cuz they will never be satisfied your losing old player cause of that everything is finished on day 1 of hes release
    • Like x 3
  2. DC-Doll New Player

No thanks. I'm up for challenging stuff, but if I'm not gonna get any gear from it, I'm not spending hours in it for stupid people
    • Like x 16
  3. LightSp33d Well-Known Player

No...When Nexus and Paradox came out so many people left because they couldn't finish it. At this point in the game I'm pretty sure the devs aren't trying scare the population away.
    • Like x 24
  4. Rasta Committed Player

You're in top tier gier of course everything is going to be easy & obviously players wouldn't be satisfied if they're premium/legendary with a raid they can't do.

According to Jens, 16 players completed survival mode. This was meant to be fun and challenging for the COMMUNITY, not 20 players.

Why don't you try making the game challenging. (Run in gear that isn't made for those instances, don't use a few powers on your bar, etc.)
    • Like x 3
  5. xskateXX Well-Known Player

Alote of the good player quiting cuz the game is just boring
    Nothing is challanging
    Pls paradox 2.0 ffs
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Next DLC, I hope that there's 2 styles of gear, obtainable with ONLY Marks of Fury. Wearing a full set of this, enables you to stand more of a chance of beating the (single) raid that will be included in this DLC.

The raid drops "Symbols of Light", 5 per run, which are used to purchase special Raid gear that equates to the equivalent of "the best gear dropping in raids", as will inevitably be the case a plan like this isn't implemented, available in 2 styles.

Bosses are on par with about CR111-CR113, 2 less than Krona in Survival Mode (would need to be play tested to ensure it offers a significant enough challenge in the MOF gear that this DLC will drop, if not, bosses need buffed)

Then everyone is happy.

4 Styles to obtain. Content that's challenging but made easier as you get the raid gear. Gear that can only be obtained by beating the raids, but not endlessly and putting every play at the whim of the RNG with luck rather than effort deciding whether you progress your character or not.

Challenging content, worth while rewards, content which doesn't last a weekend at best and piss everyone off in the process.
    • Like x 6
  7. Rasta Committed Player

A lot of these so called "good players" said they were going to quit a long time ago. Where are they now? Still playing the game
    • Like x 11
  8. xskateXX Well-Known Player

Torikumu, post: 2811173, member: 304554"]Next DLC, I hope that there's 2 styles of gear, obtainable with ONLY Marks of Fury. Wearing a full set of this, enables you to stand more of a chance of beating the (single) raid that will be included in this DLC.

The raid drops "Symbols of Light", 5 per run, which are used to purchase special Raid gear that equates to the equivalent of "the best gear dropping in raids", as will inevitably be the case a plan like this isn't implemented, available in 2 styles.

Bosses are on par with about CR111-CR113, 2 less than Krona in Survival Mode (would need to be play tested to ensure it offers a significant enough challenge in the MOF gear that this DLC will drop, if not, bosses need buffed)

Then everyone is happy.

4 Styles to obtain. Content that's challenging but made easier as you get the raid gear. Gear that can only be obtained by beating the raids, but not endlessly and putting every play at the whim of the RNG with luck rather than effort deciding whether you progress your character or not.

Challenging content, worth while rewards, content which doesn't last a weekend at best and piss everyone off in the process.[/quote]
    I hope ur right cuz right now Lockdown isnt Feeling a raid but a daily mission
    • Like x 1
  9. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

If you want a challenge then slap on some T0 armor and do T6 raids
    /end thread and any others that complain about easy raids
    • Like x 9
  10. xskateXX Well-Known Player

Do the math. Thats not possible ull die with one shot
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I hope ur right cuz right now Lockdown isnt Feeling a raid but a daily mission[/quote]

Big Barda/Mantis(?) in the League Halls Alert is harder than anything in Lockdown, in my opinion.

Just for the record, my post was a suggestion on how to make the game better/more enjoyable/stop people quitting due to boredom. Definitely not something we're going to see happen.
    • Like x 1
  12. ACW37162 Loyal Player

God no

Paradox and nexus beside some cool interesting boss mechanics were just un-fun.

He'll, with a bad pug group they are still a pain the ***
    • Like x 4
  13. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

post pics of your complete set of 94 gear modded with VI's timed stamped with the day of release, or didn't happen.
    • Like x 7
  14. xskateXX Well-Known Player

You didnt understood me proparly
    I meant the raids finished in one day withput problem
  15. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

Ah okay so now here we are complaining about how impossible it would be, well thats too bad deal with it
    • Like x 5
  16. xskateXX Well-Known Player

Have u played when paradox was out? THAT was fun
    It was so hard people had to comunicate eachother for it
    The best leauges finished it only after a month it was amazing
  17. Sir Arcanium New Player

Wow you could copy and paste this thread a dozen times.. their all the same. Some times I think people do...

Frankly I'm surprised DCUO caters to the elite top players more than most games would bother. You guys got survival mode, maybe a handful of people even saw the final round let alone beat it. Even within leagues that did beat it, it's usually only one core group and the rest of the scrubs would of stood no chance.

Personally I don't want harder content, not because I don't enjoy a challenge. I pug most of the time, it doesn't get much harder than that lol. But more than anything it's how the Dev's respond lately. They don't introduce interesting mechanics, smart AI's or anything like that. All the Dev's seem to do lately is raise enemies HP, give them regeneration, invincible shields etc to drag out the fight long as possible. If their feeling good about the whole thing toss in a few over the top one shots you have to constantly jump around and avoid.

Which for some powers isn't exactly fun. New gadgets AM kind of makes your more static than normal, having to stop your power rotations really hurts your ability to do any dmg. So no I don't want the Dev's to make things 'tough'. Their idea of impossible was SM, and people beat it within a month.... Not many but still. After the bar being set higher than that I'm scared to think of how much HP the next 'upgrade' would be. A billion HP, for a regular add? lol.
    • Like x 2
  18. Rasta Committed Player

[IMG]

• Like x 10
  19. xskateXX Well-Known Player

Tanking this dlc feels like tanking a sparring target.
    Not joking. It just have alote of health but tactics? Meh just stand rotate shield and counter the boss
    • Like x 2
  20. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

OK I see now. There were groups who finished Dox and Nex on release Day 1... so what? And let me tell you there WERE problems. Even with the DLC 11 stuff. Still are. Their Names are Kalibak and Mantis.
    The Fire pools artifact.
    It doesn't mean the raids are too easy, it means there are skilled players who went in without the best gear, to earn it and make it easier to beat as they went along. For us, it was REALLY hard. I was one of those afore mentioned firsters. Geared with the best there was at the time, modded with the best. New content dropped and we got our posteriors handed to us several times over. But we stuck with it, and with each new piece, it got easier. Slightly.
    What I WILL mention is the lack of depth. A boss with 900 Billion HP is not hard, just stubbornly alive.

A Hard raid...would have death trap puzzles. Bosses you only have a short window to attack, before he flees into another part of the map, and you have to track the boss down through a new series of trials... the object being to 'checkmate' the boss into a place where fleeing is no longer possible, so you could finish him/her off. The boss would only need to have MAYBE twice the HP of the usual add.
    Making it REALLY hard would be the boss trying to checkmate us as well, into a place where he would have some sort of an advantage...or even a surprise attack at random once he initially flees further into the level. Appearing at random then fleeing again.
    • Like x 5