Getting Help with Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TwilightsInferno1701, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Dior_XT Level 30

yo imagine this. make stat clamp optional. ability to queue old content alone. OMAGAAAA PROBLEM SOLVED
    • Like x 3
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah....I see. Answer still stands, even if it was just sarcasm.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The best answer is and always has been get in with a good league. However, it sounds like you tried that route with no luck.

The only thing I'd suggest is just always have LFG up on the screen. If you see someone shouting for a feat run, throw your hat in, even if maybe you don't need it (assuming it's not a PITA hour long feat) as people that run feats generally run more than 1. Getting your name in with some grinders will sometimes have you just getting invited out of the blue vs having to constantly troll LFG to build a group. You can also always just mention "how about XYZ feat" if you are in a feat group already. I've found that feat success breeds wanting to have MORE feat success, so if you are in a good group, they might just knock a few more out, even if many don't need it.

Don't be a piggy though and always expect it to be YOUR feat if you do try this out. Sometimes you gotta help out others and pay it forward, but that goodwill should hopefully pay off with getting feats you need too.
    • Like x 4
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

When are you free? I'm free after 1800 EST tonight, or we can schedule some time for Monday/next week (holiday weekend).
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

One of the reasons I stopped playing is because I couldn't even get help in NEWer content, let alone older content haha
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah for real, I honestly feel really bad for all new players and players who still need older feats. Sounds like an ultimate nightmare.
    • Like x 2
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Eyyy this was my idea too! But it got shot down sooo many times in the big thread by the usual suspects lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, it's a touchy subject around these parts. Hundreds if not thousands of players are facing the same issue(s) you are. Any time everyone tries to hypothetically find ways to address them, however, they are faced with extreme biased snarkyness from those who don't want anything changed.

All I can say is I wish you the best of luck, and keep searching for like minded folks who are after the same things you are. I heard feat hunting leagues still exist, but I'm not sure to what extent. On Xbox, most just say they "cba" to chase feats anymore.
    • Like x 3
  9. TwilightsInferno1701 Level 30

Could definitely schedule something I'm on CST so that would be about 5 pm for me? Could totally work sometime next week! Could message me in game on my main listed in my signature?
    • Like x 2
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

As much as I hate the clamp, I would rather see it applied is some manner of a scale as you have suggested based on the tiers. I stated earlier in another thread that maybe leave Tiers 1-3 “as-is” and lessen the clamp for Tiers 4-6.

I do not enjoy going back to EEG content anymore, I hate feeling weak, and if I must admit it, I’m a little more than resentful lower CR players are buffed up in Omni content while I am clamped down heavily. This is why I feel the clamp is a punishment for End Game players going back to old EEG content. They can dangle all the source marks they want in front of me, I don’t care.
    • Like x 4
  11. TwilightsInferno1701 Level 30

This is really good advice as well! I really appreciate it and will give it a try!
    • Like x 2
  12. TwilightsInferno1701 Level 30

Understandable lol It's nice to see people still passionate about the problem and the game though! I really do hope there can be some middle ground or something to help all player implemented soon
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Raven, I really wish you could come over to the PS5/PC side. Me & my league would love to help you.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Y'all are unreal. I get why the clamp can make it more difficult for some to get elite feats. But this is a reg feat. EEG reg is stupid easy. The feat would be just as easy clamped or unclamped. It would also be just as easy to F up clamped or unclamped.
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

SP needs to be divorced from Feats, if this is reason for resistance to easing the clamp. I play Final Fantasy XIV for those who do not know, and we have XP in place of SP. I get XP from actually playing the content. A certain amount of XP is earned based off of the type of contend played and so that means only a limited amount can be earned in a day. I will get X amount of XP from running my 2 Alliance raids (total of 24 players). If I run a third Alliance, I don’t get any more XP because I got all I was allowed for the day.

We need something similar I think.
    • Like x 4
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Guy didn't say he was having issues with the feat...he said he was having issues with making a group. And yeah...since the clamp, people are less willing to throw 20-30 min into a run out of LFG just to get someone else a feat. As easy as the feat might be, co-ordinating multiple boss kills might take a few tries/wipes...or even a re-do of the run...but likely would have been easier to co-ordinate before. If anything, a re-run to try again would take less time prior to the clamp. When it was going to almost be a given pre-clamp (as you say...most reg feats are almost a given still) AND many times you just needed a few bodies to unlock the door...bodies many times you didn't need after you were in...but now you do.

I'm not sure anyone mentioned difficulty of the feats in this thread (although I might have skipped a few posts)...it's a groupmaking discussion mainly.
    • Like x 2
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I'm gonna have to start putting the "it's stupid easy" people on ignore.

There is nothing more pretentious and annoying... And a huge part of the toxicity of the player interactions here....
    • Like x 4
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I haven't been playing much lately, but I'll help if I can. My healer and debuff troll are my strongest toons, and either can DPS all right. I also have a tank who doesn't DPS very well, but tanks okay. Let me know when you want to play, and I'll be happy to help with whatever (non-elite) feats you're looking for. I could probably be persuaded to try an EEG elite run or two, maybe, if that's what you need.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What...you don't want to take a shot at TSWE+ No death feat?
    What are you?....Chicken?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yes, yes I am. :p

Seriously, though, I could probably be convinced to try it -- I can't promise I'd actually be able to do it. :)
  21. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Added you to my friend list and sent you an in game message. Afraid my kid is asking to play right now, but you'll see me around.