Game Update 38 Preview Livestream: Survival Mode!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 30, 2014.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I would like to see this as an open world instance in select areas of Gotham, Metropolis, Central City (to add something to Lightning Strikes dlc), Alternate Gotham and Metropolis (to add something to the OC dlc), Gotham Wastland, WoTL Metropolis and so on.

Also special events lasting one week where Iconic Villain factions invade hero safe houses, random areas in open world and WT. Hero Iconic factions crash villain nightclubs, the HoD and random areas in open world. Both would be in pvp and pve.

To add some dynamicness to any of the current raids. At any given time the raid can be disrupted by Iconic villains, or heroes. Maybe a random villain or two or few can kidnap a player or two and you go from raid to OP to fight for and free your groupmate and resume and finish the raid.
    • Like x 4
  2. Little MD Well-Known Player

umm so no gear upgrades for running survival mode? no feats? no rare styles for feats? only styles for bragging rights, like the kick me sign or the captain cold hood? COME ON DEVS! :( Maybe add feats or allow style currency to buy those super rare styles in the near future?
    • Like x 1
  3. Jay1324owl New Player

Yes...Finally survival mode...I am fully modded for all my T6 gear on both my DPS and Healer gear....my league is going to be the best
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

I love this survival mode idea even more after watching it. I love that it is something just for fun and not feat or progression based. Keep up the great work devs. I am seriously looking forward to this. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Nyema New Player

How dare you pronounce my name wrong.
    Ny eeeeeeeeeee ma
    Ny - e - ma
  6. Gant Well-Known Player

Pew! Pew! Pew! Mode.
  7. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

well theres none of that lol

theres NEW styles based on the area, annnnd MoTs lmao yay o_O
  8. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

9. nogimmick New Player

more MoTs? the league bases better have a couple sinks in them then. i can only top up my base generators so much, you know...
    • Like x 1
  10. The God New Player

I'd love to have special auras drop there :O
  11. SupermanPrime New Player

I noticed during the gu38 preview Mepps you said that DLC 11 will have raids, do you know how many we can look forward to?? I'm at least hoping for 2 fulls raids kinda like nexus and maybe 1 more shorter one kinda like Prime BG or FOS 3
  12. Sbel Devoted Player

Oh, I thought it was pronounced en-em-a. :D
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We have been promised at least two, but Spytle has dropped hints on Twitter that there will be three.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Check the DLC structure post in Dev Discussions. Our plans are for all DLCs going forward to have at least one raid, and for the larger group DLCs (like 11) to have at least two.
    • Like x 6
  15. Trismegistus New Player

Sinks included, statues, warp to player bases(I.e. Linked to ranked statues)?
    But truly are league bases still coming?
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

GU39.
    • Like x 1
  17. Horrorshow New Player

Thank you for removing Movement Mode Debuffs from the game in GU38. ^&^
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

mepps bud love gu38. seems like a good way to get bragging rights. UM ABOUT BU38, CAN WE KNOW WHEN WE GET GU37, B4 WE GET ALL GU38 PLEASE? stuff always seemed to be on test a week maybe two. now it seems like a month is becoming a trend. no date given yet as we all wait to increase our base value and oh brick. i am buying an alt to earth tank. u know getting skill points and t6 ready, but u kiooing us with the wait and no info
  19. Superheimer New Player

Any way one of these updates will get us a "last location" warp in our base? Or the warps OUT of the HQ having options like warping in from the police station?

Also, using flight as an example, I'd love to see an option to allow us to continue flying at our normal speed ( not supersonic) while taking damage, without being forced into the upright flying combat mode flight. I'd be happy with the damage intake being increased if you maintain normal flight speed, I'm just sick of getting slowed down every time a trash mob gets in a glancing shot. I don't brake for trash mobs haha.
  20. Mephisto Rapha New Player

The lag, disconnects, and crashes are gonna ruin this. I'm sorry to say, but you have built an extremely unstable game and as it stands now, it is not ready for this content (except MAYBE on the PC). On the PS servers, however, prepare for rages from not just characters, but players too.
    • Like x 4