Game Update 38 Launches Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

HL got shafted. You dont want them to stop tinkering with it, because it's not very good ATM.

The amount of suggestions/feedback that was just outright ignored in that testing/WIP thread is incredible.
    • Like x 9
  2. Green Lantern New Player

Well from what I read they're still going to be tinkering with it in the future. What I mean is make whatever huge change they're planning on making and get it over with. Stop these incremental changes they keep making.
  3. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

You guys have me scared for upcoming powers since they aren't listening what you guys are putting in the WIP thread. I hope other powers don't get screwed over like this, but what i'm not understanding is a lot of people on these forum seems to really have the best understanding of their powerset to where one would think you guys made the game. Its a shame though a lot of these powers would be flawless if the devs actually listened to many of you smh.
    • Like x 2
  4. Prodigy_Deity New Player

I have been reading non stop the updates to both electric and HL as those are my 2 favorite powers but was unable to speak up.

For electric leaving electrocute alone would have helped keep the power more versatile. Leave the wm buff cancel on genesis and burst but strengthen the boost from combining them with voltaic. This would most likely bring the "AM" more in lines with wm. Also to bring up to their lvl have the super tick do extra damage on electrified enemies.

As for HL. This one could have been an easy fix. The devs could've switched the positioning of the weapon buff to a place where it is better accessible. Give entrap a dot. Make spike be our full strength dot and switch it with chompers. (Spike looks more like a field spell). Make it so that chompers and spike do not over ride. This would've helped HL to a great power again. And if you want out combos to be our "AM" give us back our speed. Have combos be unaffected by wm buff but return the speed. This last one is my personal opinion.
    • Like x 4
  5. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

If HL is that bad I will be deleting my last hero. Who is HL.
  6. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I'm not sure he meant that's how it's currently working. Rather that's what it "should" be, hopefully meaning that they'll tweak whatever's necessary for that to be true.

I could be reading it wrong, but since he used "should" instead of "Is" that's what I understand.

I think we all agree that's definitely how it should be no?
    • Like x 1
  7. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

oh happy day lol

cant wait special video incoming soon

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

hopefully the new mechanic is truly awesome or else i'm
    [IMG]
  8. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

actually celestial player are far from being able to achieve all of that ...or if them do other power set will do it and getting more advantage to do it so what was announced to making a balance between might power set vs prec power set is not a success
    you try to balancing thing by getting down prec power and getting might power up in the same time

let celestial rage hardlight power to the "top" then buff those might power who was need it more than the other fire elec earth ice

and plz make pve and a pvp thread when you need to touch the mechanic of the game or a power
  9. Dolfo Dedicated Player

:(:mad::(:mad::(At least I still have healing,and SM to look forward to:mad::(:mad::(:mad:
    • Like x 1
  10. Aerith Rose Committed Player

"You using your awesome mechanic should equal the damage you can do with the weapon mastery bonus crits"

Not sure what you mean by this. I can tell you from my experience Celestial is not very WM compatible. The combos are to slow and the damage from the is certainly not higher than WM.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ogat New Player

It's supped to be one or the other giving similar results.
    That's fair, but the glaring uestion is WHEN. If the answer is well not soon or, for the most part they believe this state is already achieved..ugh.I'm all for patience I really am, but they're asking us for patience for over 3 years now.
  12. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Hey Mepps, I don't understand the comparisons. Those are not taking into consideration power in or the number of actions for performing them, which I believe is the first mistake.

Then, for the last comparison, no one uses now weapon clipping, it is WM + AM or WM + Burst. That last comparison is not happening any more, since most of the player base has changed weapon clipping for WM. Then, we can't talk about AM as a whole since we actually have 3 different ones working on live servers.

Pets and DoTs refreshing AM: In this case my testing says that WM+Burst > WM+AM
    Combos AM: In this case WM+AM > WM+Burst since the own combo AM has a burst component.

Sorry if I misunderstand your comparisons, but I don't see logic in them.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ch3wtobacco New Player

this game is overflowing with "should" work as intended ...lot of spottiness on the "is" working as intended...a whole lot of "shoulds" over the last 3 years never became "Is".... not a good track record
  14. Drak New Player

The only way to make AM usefull at the moment is removing trolls, then yes, AM would be better than WM maybe.
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

The devs stated when WM was launched that Celestial would benefit the least from it, and that is exactly what we've seen. Some have claimed success from continued use of Celestial powers, but the majority seems to have understood that the ONLY want to make Celestial competitive with the introduction of WM was to run a 'buff only' WM rotation... and now with GU38 Celestial is losing 30% of that precision buff.
  16. Kihura New Player

Thank you devs for your excelent work.

I already reserved my marks :)
  17. Ogat New Player

The thing is- they want Weapon clipping to actualy be viable, as I understand it the Damage from WM combos is so high to account for the speed of weapon clipping. 30k maximum crits are certainly overkill tho.
  18. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Yeah, I get that but still not realistic. Clipping means faster rotations, faster rotations means more power and more actions. If a more power hungry and elaborated rotation is going to be equal to an easier and less power consuming rotation... guess who is going to use clipping, no one. There's no incentive in doing clipping since WM is way superior. If you want to compare clipping to WM then you need to add or give something to clipping for making it viable again, because right now that comparison is not happening.
    • Like x 4
  19. Crimson Jonni New Player

Im done. Just because a powerset has combos doesnt make it overpowered. Its early in the morning, i've already got my cereal, im fully prepared to break this entire powerset down for you if you want. If all we cared about was damage dont you think we'd all have moved en mass to sorcery and Rage by now? Light was always one of the more difficult yet faster powers to use.

Regardless of troll or dps role, i cant feel comfortable using a series of constructs without knowing im gonna get interrupted due to the 30 minute window between each attack. The dont flow well, it feels awkward and from a damage point of view, why would i even waste time playing around with my power when i could easily do over double using wm alone? When i troll i have a bit more freedom to use some combos but since everything puts you in melee ranged, whats the point? And uhh, what does maturity have anything to do with a powerset? I think you've got some pretty flawed interpretations if you believe only the immature use this powerset , thats all ive gotta say.
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

How am I going to test the new finisher for electric since the target dummy cannot have it's health lowered to 35%? o_O

Sure I can test loadouts in Survival Mode but I rather get some testing done first hand before I go hardcore mode in Survival Mode.

The finisher might not even be on my finished loadout but still like to try everything out before hand.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.