Game Update 38 Launches Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakonicus New Player

"Halls of Power". No, no date for it yet.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

I appreciate that, Mepps. Would love to see it. Funny thing with statistics is you can make them say a lot of different things. When there is an apparent disconnect from what we see and what you folks report, it can be discouraging. Let me also add that you and the team took on a monumental task in tackling what amounts to a complete combat revamp and balance pass. It can't be easy. Just glad to hear you're taking our input into consideration, though we may not always agree on the outcome. ;)
    • Like x 4
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l care only about - all these caution measures You, [Devs] do carefully balancing WM & AM will be NOT ruined to all the hells when AW snapped! :mad:
  4. Drakonicus New Player

What ?
    • Like x 2
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Without a doubt. Everyone uses dry WM precision combos, even with AM. It's the new standard for weapon combos (that's another topic entirely, though). So, it clearly comes down to the AM vs. the WM bonus. And that's why we on the test server were seeing big differences between Electricity's AM and the WM crits. The former are slow, stackable DoT fields without an associated damage increase, whereas the latter are sizable (depending on the combo length) burst damage multipliers. Even in prolonged boss fights, the damage multipliers will tend to win out, but in most of the game's content, where trash mobs are the fodder, burst wins big.
    • Like x 6
  6. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

[IMG]
    yeah buddy now its time for GU 39 powers come on fire, gadgets, and mental
    • Like x 2
  7. Doc Holliday New Player

Bold prediction.

We dont have long to wait to find out at least ;)

I love how it's just an announcement to inform us the GU is being released a week behind schedule and people get excited.

(Not referring to the person I quoted.)

Any word if MoT cap will be fixed in this update Mepps or will that be in GU39?
    • Like x 3
  8. Generation EL Active Player

I Am Still waiting to see "THE FLASH" in Legends. Almost everyone is there except "Flash, Manhunter, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl....etc" Pretty much why have a legends arena WITHOUT THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!!!! batman's anniversary is fine and all but fix the roster for legends to accommodate The hero's that died for the cause fighting lex and well of course brainiac! jus' saying.

Btw. Can't wait for update 38 :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Drakonicus New Player

Really ? How Did you came to that conclusion ? Because i didnt see any release date for this GU. Just because the event was leaked by accident, doesnt mean the gu was on shedule for this week.
    • Like x 5
  10. Hey dad New Player

11. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Please between now and when it goes Live finish the planned changes with Light. Due to feedback provided by testers simply switch the Full strength DoT to Spike so that the overwriting issue of Lights only 2 PI applicators and pure might DoT's can function together. Please also bring Light Blast cast time to 1.5 second as was planned. It should be a multi target ability(at least for trollers) but needs to be a faster cast. At 3.5 and 4.3 seconds(might and precision cast) their both too long to be good for DPS(Damage per Second Ratio) and too long of a cast time for a controller to want to use.

Those two changes we're part of the GU 38 plan. Please include them before it goes Live. Both are a huge want by the community.
    • Like x 4
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I concur!
    • Like x 1
  13. russ4ua15 New Player

I think everyone is reading this wrong. Using nature as an example: three poisons will do slightly more damage than the might bonus given to voracious plants when used after WM combos. They are not telling you that you can forget about WM and just spam your awesome mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

According to the developer discussion, a rotation using the power mechanic and clipping is the alternative to a rotation using weapon mastery, so yes, that is essentially what they told us.

• Like x 1
  15. DeathsFinalFlame New Player

they will never do anything to sorcery from here on they allready nerfed it if anything rage needs a huge nerf along with gadgets
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To add to this for further clarity:

You clipping should equal the damage you can do performing weapon mastery combos (not clipping).
    You using your awesome mechanic should equal the damage you can do with the weapon mastery bonus crits.
    Using clipping and your awesome mechanic should equal using weapon mastery combos and utilizing the bonus crits.
    • Like x 15
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

If your comparing AM to just the WM super power crit then yea that's just obvious but what your not taking into account are the rest of the powers in the wm crit rotation.

Example there are power sets that can do a burst aoe adding a pi followed by an aoe dots clip by a buff into wm get the crit from a burst power. Now if you factor all that damage and compared it to some one using AM you will then obviously see the difference.
  18. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Spamming AM will not give higher damage out compared to a power mixing dots and wm super crit noway if they thing that then a dev needs to post a vid of say someone using sorcery while using wm crit and say nature using AM and prove AM is better because it wont be.
  19. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  20. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i played around with HL on the test server and they only improved it imo the troll side is much better now that you can use impact to pot everything else is more or less the same theres just a new buff power that i think is great because HL needed this power imo other than that HL is the same all the combos are intack the powers work the same theres just a few improvements
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.