Game Update 29 Loot Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Crafty_Crafter, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie New Player

I posted this suggestion in a couple of other threads but I might as well post it here to.

Can you give us the ability to trade items while still on the mission? It will allow helpful leagues to build up league mates with no risk of ninja looting. Since you would only be able to trade the items during the mission it also prevents people from being to buy the gear from the broker.
    • Like x 2
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

Basically you're asking the devs to make it so that each boss in a raid drops 8 items instead of 4 or so.

Would I mind? Hell no. But that would be making things beyond cushy.
  3. Jamie New Player

You still have the RNG tables to contend with and the only difference between what we have today and this is IF a team mate is willing to trade with you. It would allow a league the possibility to gear up a team mate quicker than what we had but I doubt that it would make anything cushy.
  4. Decree New Player

All the loot drops from a major boss should just be unatuned. That way you don't get shafted with 4 pieces of troller gear on a healer after the raid.
  5. Warlan New Player

May I suggest you WEIGHT the loot drops towards ASSIGNED ROLE? Such that when I get my automatic loot there is a 50% chance of getting loot corresponding to my assigned role, 17% chance for a DPS or one of the two other roles. You could weight it differently but I think that would be fine. Remember, there is still a good chance that the gear, even if the correct role, will have already been obtained or be inferior.

The point for having a new loot system wasn't just for fairness, it was so players don't spend an hour and come away empty handed. You've nailed the fairness part, now make it more likely we can complete a set within our lifetime.

Thanks.
    • Like x 2
  6. Aokiji Kuzaan New Player

Yeah, but our point is for well organize group for raid like league raids, people getting the stuff they don't need like 87/88 stuff, then the one who needs it doesn't get it. like for we could have distributed it properly. you guys should've make it base on your roles. So far what we've seen in this new system Bad for league and organize raid groups. yeah Good news for SALVAGING. but not for Roles specific.
  7. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

Your chances of getting loot are the same as if you solo'ed the raid.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Leagues are much more than loot support, at least mine is, so there is no hurt there.
    • Like x 4
  8. Notangie New Player

Just make everything tradeable within the instance then locked once you leave the instance (for people who get wrong role and would like to switch) and give the option that a UNANIMOUS (not majority, unanimous) vote to make loot need before greed and it'll be perfect.
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is probably the only adjustment I'd like to see made to the loot system. It maintains fairness and doesn't basically hand out numerous pieces of free gear.

It would also silence a lot of people who are complaining yet haven't even had proper chance to compare their Nexus/Paradox runs to previous runs.

It's getting tiresome hearing requests such as "OMG GEAR SHOULD BE UNATTUNED" and "OMG LET ME TRADE MY GEAR IN RAIDS PLZ".

Regardless of the loot drop system, I think one conclusion that every player in the game can agree on is that the T5 loot is that it's been handled appallingly. For T6, the best gear in the game should be the gear you purchase with Marks you earn by completing raids. Have a set you can buy with marks earned from doing Solos, Duos and Alerts, but make another set of gear exclusively earned from raid marks. Then there's nothing to complain about and nobody will feel as though they are getting screwed and losing out.
  10. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I love the loot changes. No more ninja looting, No more one person winning all the loot; I always get loot from a boss, Free savage for complex/simple material, Don't have to waste time using the loot roll window or waiting on noobs to roll on gear.

I can't wait till this is added to the rest of the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I don't think it'll work if it was like that, to be honest. A lot of people are assuming that if you're a controller with a tank piece, that a tank had received your controller piece and it'd be just a straight swap. How many people do you honestly expect to just give away their gear to the right person and potentially leave with nothing?

Also, how do you fairly decide who gets the loot amongst yourselves? What if 88 controller chest drops and is tradable but both controllers need it? It'd result in favouritism being shown to certain members which will aggravate those who don't get the gear. Resulting in fights, anger and also provoking an elitist attitude. Who decides who gets what and why do they deserve to be the one who decides? They hold no power over everyone else in game, so why should we listen to them?

The new loot system prevents people being bullied out of gear by other members. Especially if for example, there's a new guy in the league who hasn't got much gear but is friends with one of the people who are "in charge". A lot of the people running the raid are saying they're getting a lot of controller gear. To help his friend, the guy kicks the less favourable controller and invites his friend. As he's part of the raid now, he can get all of the controller gear which other players have got.

It's not a great example, but what I'm saying is allowing players to interfere in other players loot is what results in fights, anger and hostility towards other players.

Get where I'm coming from?

The unattuned idea would resolve a lot of complaints, right now, indeed. But it won't silence people from complaining about the lack of loot they can use dropping. The only thing that would change is the wording of each post from "I can't use the gear which is dropping!!" to "nothing is dropping that I need!!".
  12. Jamie New Player

I don't see how this could happen. If a person doesn't want to trade they can simply say that they didn't get what ever item the other person wants. In your example the less favourable controller would get all of his stuff just like in the current system. There is no way that a trade could be forced since both sides have to agree to it or the trade won't go through. No one would know what you had to trade unless you told them. If your league would try to rip you you just quit the league and find a better one. Please explain how bullying can be an issue if no one knows what you have unless you offer for a trade?
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I did say it wasn't a great example >.< lol and I don't really have anything more to say about it. I think the point before it makes more sense than that, to be honest as you are correct, you can just claim you didn't get whatever.
  14. Jamie New Player

Now all we need is for the Devs to weigh in on whether they think the suggestion is worth looking into.
  15. The Hornet New Player

So you're cool with running it 100 times and never seeing traces legs drop for you, but if someone else runs it once and the legs drop the first time, that's not acceptable? Smh. This is why I absolutely can't stand the mentality of so many of the forum playerd. "You've only beat Nexus 75 times? Lazy NOOOOOOOB!" Catering to players like you will kill this game.
  16. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Actually there is a loot/chat window that tells what everybody gets. People would be watching that like a hawk at the end of a raid and be begging for whatever you got that they needed...
  17. Circe New Player

18. Jamie New Player

Forgot about that. There is an easy solution to that, don't have personal loot show up to the group.
  19. Amarsir Well-Known Player

For what it's worth, I've long suggested exactly what you did here. Here's myself back in March:
    So in short, I totally approve of you guys doing what I suggested. Here are some other things I'll approve of when you finally realize I'm right, months from now:
    • Get Home Turf and 5e mods out of arenas
    • Standardize difficulties for content type and/or adjust CR to manage expectations. (e.g. Wayward Souls and Inner Sanctum alerts are allegedly both CR70 but clearly not the same difficulty.)
    • Incentivize the creation & use of multiple characters by sharing some bonus across characters. (e.g. holiday feats be made account-wide.)
    • Support Premium as a viable customer type by allowing small increases in Escrow limits, like a permanent $200 cap increase for each DLC purchased.
    • Restructure the play of Controllers so instead of spamming a single power-drop, they give mini power-drops with each power used. (Makes bad trolls better and good ones more fun to play.)
    • Give a small extra bonus to players for doing content that's below them, as an incentive to queue up and pad groups for newer players.
    And a few more QoL stuff wouldn't hurt, like improving buff/debuff icons and changing the inventory images so we can tell at a glance which gear is for which role and which is PvE vs PvP. Or giving us an option to avoid auto-popups at the end of content so when people are trying to be social the popup won't come in and erase what we're typing. But I'm already OT for the thread. I just figured since you guys are already reluctantly doing what I say several months later (this, daily rewards for arenas, rebalancing Legends, etc) I'd make them easy for you.

My smug smart-assery aside, sometimes you guys impress me about understanding what makes players tick, and sometimes you baffle me. But this, what you did here? That was a good day.
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

On the current loot system, I can completely accept that, because I never had the chance to get them, so it doesn't bother me. What bothers me more is when I see something drop, I roll on it, but the computer's randomly generated number for me is low and I fail to win the item. That kills me more inside than knowing I never stood a chance to get it. Having it waved in front of me then the system saying "screw you" isn't pleasant.

Let me put it in another context for you... Knowing a team mate got traces legs on the new loot system is the equivalent of knowing they dropped for somebody else in another raid on the old system. It has no affect on me because I wasn't ever able to roll on it. It's a much sweeter pill to swallow knowing that on the new system, at least if somebody gets something I need, I never had the chance to get it.

Also, who's to say that if the old loot system was active, the gear that the other person had drop would be the gear you were able to roll on anyway? There isn't a secret formula to random, so just because a team mate got the gear you needed doesn't mean it was definitely going to drop anyway. For all you know, the worthless gear you got was going to drop. Probably something completely different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.