Gadget DPS, help me please?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Enubis, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Chaotick New Player

Yea I didn't mean it that way and I am in the Prime setting right now so I apologize I have been farming Prime head with a couple buddies. 3/8 of us have gotten it in the past month. Back on topic though. Yea I am thinking more for Avatars in Prime lol. Photon is a great ender if you want that quick 2-3k damage. If the target is right at 35% then I usually just do my regular combo to finish it quicker but it really does depend on what raid and target. Photon can wipe t2 and t1 enemies with just 1 shot. T3 I do use it just to conserve power but T4 is where its used a lot less in my case. Everyone has different taste for it I guess I know some hardened ego filled Gadgets that just spam Gauss Intim and photon after photon and then another when a enemy is 35% or below haha. Yea if you have any quick tips I might not be able to post for a few so try and help OP out ^.^
  2. Draekul New Player

what are you guys doing in duos and lower tier raids for damage where power is an issue or the mobs just die too fast? I've been doing flurry clipped with gauss grenade but it seems kinda meh
  3. Death Throe New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Death Throe New Player

Wat?! Yer wacked homie, GADGETS FO' LIFE YO!
    [IMG]
  5. Chaotick New Player

In lower tiers I usually just use Intimidation and weapon combos along with Distract and really if your geared like T3 and above thats all you would need. I am 99% melee so I dont use the bow in low tier just swing my swords around like a maniac in solos. Duos and Alerts I do a weapon combo on one enemy to kill it then finish off another with a power and kind of rotate between those 2. That is only if I can 1-2 shot the adds though.
  6. Scooby Active Player

Gadgets was my favorite power for pvp dps, and it was a great power for pve dps as well. When I started using it I had a few issues, but none that couldn't be fixed with a little advice from one of the top dps in this game. This is the loadout he gave me(note: this was pre-home turf therefore Whirling Dervish could only be clipped by a few powers. Now WD can be clipped by just about every power in the game, if not every power)
    Intimidation, napalm grenade, cryo-field, fear gas/cryo foam/photon blast, phase dodge, WD (now that WD is more easily clipped, phase dodge is no longer necessary as I used it as the clip for WD) Also since ur Acrobat, you will not have WD, so you wouldn't need PD to begin with. With that being said, take the fear gas/cryo foam/photon blast and spread those 3 powers over the last 3 power spots.
    Always begin with napalm grenade for the burning PI, then follow with cryo-field clipped with Intim. A melee combo clipped with fear gas and then jump clip fear gas(for multi target), or a melee combo clipped with cryo-foam(for single target). As always use photon blast when the target is below 35%. Ive been using dual wields.
    My main is currently electric but that is what I remember from when I was gadgets.
    The reason why I don't use Gauss Grenade Is it's only a single target electrify. Napalm is better in this spot because its an aoe dmg first off, its a small dot, and a group burn which is a stronger PI than the electrified PI. Yes it uses more power, but if the raid is setup correctly and you have half decent trollers, that shouldn't be an issue. The extra power you do use it definitely worth the extra damage you will do.
  7. Draekul New Player

I'm not a fan of napalm as it's so power hungry. Also cryofoam seems to tick for more than fear gas but it seems somewhat redundant to have the both on there. foam can't be jump cancelled so it's a double edged sword to me. You can cancel fear gas but then lose the last 3 ticks of damage from it, which I guess doesn't matter if you're spamming it. Foam you can't cancel but the ticks are a bit higher. I really wasn't impressed with WD all that much other than its clipping potential.
  8. Scooby Active Player

Just edited my post explaining why napalm genade over gauss grenade. WD is great but only for SS. Also it has to be used properly and clipped with a power for it to be worth it. cryo foam can have a very high crit for the first tick of dmg. as i said though its the difference in usage between multi target and single target. My usual loadout was intim, napalm, cryo field, fear gas, PD, WD. If I were to switch back today I would use the same thing except photon blast in place of PD.
  9. Draekul New Player

I am SS and I did spec into WD I just felt underwhelmed by it is all. Also I do like photon blast but I don't like that it's channeled, it seems to slow things down too much. Also gauss grenade hits 8 targets, where as napam only hits 4 or 5. I'm quoting those numbers from the "everything gadgets" thread posted by "thedark. Here's a link http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/everything-gadgets.318/

Also, right now I have Bunker Buster in my loadout. I think this SC is great just because it seems to hit quite hard. I've had it crit for a little over 3k on the initial hit and then the dot it applies afterwards. Right now my loadout is fear gas/gauss grenade/cryofield/intim/distract/bunker buster

I'm using distract because it helps me stay in melee range of some of those t4 bosses you're technically not supposed to melee because they have those one shot abilities. According to research, distract is basically just a shield for 100% of your dom + 100% of your rest, which for me is only about 800 damage. So I'm considering dropping it for wither WD or PB but just not sure.

I see that the PI on fear gas is essentially the same as cyrofield, "burning or electrified enemies will explode". However, this doesn't seem to work. Testing it right now and if I gauss grenade the targetting dummy, then hit cryofield it explodes and the dummy is knocked back. If I gauss grenade the dummy, and then hit fear gas however nothing happens except the regular fear gas ticks
  10. Scooby Active Player

I don't see where gauss grenade hits 8 people, the description on that forum states it's a group stun, but a single target electrify and if im not mistaken, only does damage to that one target as well. The burning PI is much stronger than the electrified PI either way, therefore napalm grenade will yield higher numbers. with a burning PI on the adds from napalm grenade, when you use fear gas or cryo field there will be an extra tick of burst dmg at the start of either DoT. This is the "burning enemies will explode" which is the extra dmg Ive been referring to. Play around with gauss grenade vs napalm grenade and you will see the difference it makes. napalm grenade is way better. As for bunker buster, its definitely not a bad power, I personally dont use SC in any dps loadout(except HL strafing run, only because that 6th spot really isnt needed for anything else.) I really like WD and saw a significant difference in my numbers, but you can easily build a strong loadout without it. I would definitely drop distract. Yes it can be argued that a shield is good on any loadout, and that wouldn't be wrong, but you can do more damage from having another dps power in that spot. You say WD or PB. I would try them both out in raids and from there decide which one you get more use from. I personally would have chosen WD, but find what works for you.
  11. Draekul New Player

Well if I drop Bunker Buster that leaves with PB or possibly the turret as an option. Right now I'm running fear gas, napalm, cryofield, intim, WD, bunker buster. Unless you can think of something else besides PB that would work here.
  12. Scooby Active Player

Cryo foam maybe? when it comes to single target that extra DoT can make a difference, but only if its a strong single target, so basically boss fights. PB would definitely be a good option for that spot as well, it does a pretty good amount of damage even without the target being below 35%( although I would avoid using it until the target is below 35%). You could also use the tac mod empowered channeling( I think thats the one) it adds defense and toughness while PB is active and makes it no longer vulnerable to interrupt(mainly for pvp). With that last power it really comes to how you play and what you will use the most. If your gonna have a power there like cryo foam or PB and never use it, you might as well have the bunker buster SC there. However, if you find yourself actually using that power consistently enough, then keep it because it will do more damage over the course of the raid than having a SC there.
    I havnt seen any pvp talk with this yet, but this is a pvE loadout. pvp is a different story. just wanted to make it known.
  13. BawssBear New Player

I wonder how almost no one knows of the insanely op easy gadget dps. Played in beta and off and on since then, both pc and ps3. Gadgets can destroy way higher geared dps with only using 2 powers. Its been op since beta yet ppl goin off with crazy rotations you dont need. I can, and have seen gadgets use the 2 power rotation wreck other dps well above their cr.

Best secrect in dcuo history. The 2 power pwn rotation of gadget dps.
  14. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

isn't it actually 3? GG > Intim > PB
  15. BawssBear New Player

You have one of the powers correct xD

Ive only ever told my brother about it. He never plays nothing but gadet dps sith a bow now. Wrecks lvl 30dps at lvl 14. Geared 30s hard to keep up with but you can handle dps 10-20 cr over you once you get some t1 gear. Im amazed its never been nerfed.

Posting from android lol edits

Just to be clear, by handle higher cr dps i dont mean keep up, you will smoosh them in total damage in a raid xD
  16. MetalMario Loyal Player

You can't do optimal damage with gadgets only using 2 or 3 powers. This is a 4 month old necro thread btw
  17. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Didn't notice :(
    • Like x 1
  18. MetalMario Loyal Player

I wouldn't have noticed but it brought me to the first page by accident and people were saying to use whirling dervish. o_O
  19. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

So now that your going to be doing more group and raid missions likely you won't need some of those powers(self heal). I'll put down some loadouts and skill point stuff. But use whatever weapon you like best and fit your load out around that. Meaning if your using pistols I wouldn't recommend using cryo field. You'll flip outta the damage zone so that power would suit a melee loadout better.

For power points as a DPS get the crit attack mag and chance in the iconic tree. Then I would suggest Gauss or Napalm grenade they are about the same for cast time and animation and set up our PI's. I prefer Gauss but they both work the same. Intimidation is more preferred than Neo(Neo is the poor mans INT). Neo will proc 5 times for damage. Intimidation will do 7. Int can also clip your powers or attacks.

For skill points as a DPS I suggest crit attack mag, crit chance then might. After that its preference you may want heath, power or resto for your shields.

Loadouts

range
    Gauss, Fear gas, Distract, Turret, INT, Photon Blast

Napalm, Fear gas, Distract, Stasis Field, INT, Photon Blast

Sleep Dart, Gauss, Distract, Foam, INT, Stealth(use the Home turf mod for stealth)

Melee
    Gauss, Fear, Distract, Stasis, INT, Cryo Foam

Napalm, Fear, Distract, Cryo field, INT, Neural Nutralizer

Its all up to you for which powers and how you want to play, you pay your 15$ a month like the rest of us so do what will make you happy. Remember to try to maximize your damage modifiers. So cast your largest modifier at the end. You may need to cast int at the end to get the maximum from the might neck white socket mod(or just to clip). I. E. Gauss>Fear>Stasis>INT you'll have the maximum might after going thru the rotation but you'll have ended on a 35% mod so throw out another Gauss(or larger modifier) when you got power.

Lastly don't use whirling dervish it got nerfed to the ground and is no longer a viable option. Some people still use and you can try it if you like but it doesn't work the same anymore. It was wildly used by many power sets and got the nerf hammer.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know.
  20. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Cute.