Gadget DPS, help me please?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Enubis, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Enubis New Player

So I'm closing in on 30, at this point level 29.

I understand there might be quite a ton of posts regarding this but I'm seeing very different opinions/options from various websites and this forum. I want to be an effective DPS for endgame and I'm quite a newb, so far trying to understand the game seems a bit difficult.

I currently have Gadget/Acrobatics, to which I do hope I can keep while maintaining a good set of DPS for endgame. As for weapons, my current set is twin pistols, to which I read from a guide, the loadout goes like this.

Sticky Grenade, Taser pull, Gauss, Intimidation, Venom, (The Self heal, forgot what's it called).

I'm seeing other options coming in such as Staff/Gadget, I would really like to know what is viable right now
    for this current update, because I'm seeing many many different kinds of loadouts and have no clue what is good or not, as well as if there are any rotations/stat priorities.
    So far I know, the priorities are something like this.

1. Might
    2. Precision
    3. Power

Something like that X.x, I apologize for seeming absolutely noobish, I don't want to be a burden for endgame!

Thanks to any who read and reply!!!
  2. Ogat New Player

I'm no gadget guru, but from what I read your sources might be outdated :) EVERY single gadget dps in the game uses :
    fear gass gauss grenade cryo field intimidation 5th- whirling derwish/turret/other power of yer liking bunker buster

There's a by now infamous video on gadget dpsing by Titan Gilgamesh on yt watch it you'll get the basic idea, as for waepon ideally you wanna melee 1h or staff would be the optimal choices IMO.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheSickestSquad New Player

Heya,

i would recommend a melee weapon like 1hand staff brawl etc.
    Doing high dmg is mostly about spamming powers. Gauss Grenade is a good power to spam, so is Napalm Grenade. I love to use the fear gas (use jump to clip it). And i also used Cryo Field clipped with Intimidation. Venom is kinda like Intimidation im not sure if you need both.
    You can also check out the Gadget or Iconic Pet.
    The heal skill is only usefull if you are doing solos. If you do other stuff u will probably have a healer in your team. The healer makes ur Selfheal skill useless.
    If you spam a lot of the power skills you need to have high Might.
    If you use Weapon combos alot you need Precision.
    I used balanced Precision and Might for Gadgets
    • Like x 2
  4. Enubis New Player

Ohh, I could deal with using staff I guess! I was hoping martial arts though! XO. But that's good to know! At least, I get to stay close to being Batmanesque in a sense!
    I will check out the video!! Also, brawling vs Martial arts, which is considered better? Or is staff still all out best option?

On a side note, I will check the video out and stuff, thanks y'all!!! <3333
    Despite tons of ninja looters in PUGs and stuff, the game still has tons of helpful people so, awesome! \o/
  5. Clutch Committed Player

Don't use neo venom boost. It's duration is short, it's cooldown and animation are long, and it kills your power bar. Once you get comfortable with the rotation, don't settle. Keep at those sparring targets testing your own tweaks. Sometimes you'll stumble onto something that improves your situational dps.
    • Like x 1
  6. BreakYoself New Player

SPAM POWA! THATS IT! THATS ALL YOU NEED TO BE A GOOD DPS IN ANY POWER. PEW PEW PEW SON. THATS ALL I DO AND I ALWAYS TOP. ALWAYS. SPAM SPAM SPAM AND SPAM SOME MORE. RAAA!
  7. Chaotick New Player

Being a gadgets dps myself I will tell you everything I do (including end game and beyond).

My Loadout: Gauss Grenade, Intimidation, Cyro Field, Photon Blast, Whirling Dervish, Bunker Buster.

(Whirling Dervish can be swapped for Fear Gas or you can swap Cyro Field and Whirling Dervish.)

Weapons: Staff, 1-H, Dual Wield.

The Staff I like to use because I critical strike enemies surrounding me for 600-1400 depending on the modifier as well as how many enemies are around me. This is a consecutive 2 strikes as well. The staff is a hard hitter and does a lot of damage when you do the clip combo I will explain in a few.

1 handed was always my favorite weapon since I have played the game and I am just so used to it. Personally I like either the tap square x3 hold square or the back flip (tap x4 and hold) then into the clip combo.

A few weeks ago I did a test on what weapon did the most dps out of those 3 for me it was very close and I really could barely see the difference. Dual wield seemed to give me that little extra. I think it is because its quick and gets the intimidation off quicker or maybe its just fast to release the interrupt damage of the Tap square x3 hold square. If the enemy is far away from me then I like to do the tap square x6 hold square combo.

Power Clipping: In my setup I use a decent amount of both might and precision so use the weapon combos I posted above then do this.

Intimidation > Cyro Field > Weapon Combo > Whirling Dervish > Gauss Grenade or if they are 35% or below Photon Blast.
    then just repeat
    Weapon Combo > Whirling Dervish > Gauss Grenade or if they are 35% or below Photon Blast.
    until Intimidation and Cyro Field cooldown.

My Mods: Currently in my reds have 3 Might IV and 3 Might and Precision IV with 2 Might rings with a precision affinity and a might affinity. Blues I have Might and Health IV. Yellows I have Might and Power IV. I will try re-modding to full might precision to see if that is a little better but I tried a little more might cause I see yellow numbers a little more frequently then white concidering dots and clipping GG.

Modifying your supercharge. 1 big thing for me is that I modify the heck out of my supers before I use them. I mean if I have to build them up they are going to bang so I do.

PvE Trinket > Intimidation > Cyro Field > Whirling Dervish > Photon Blast > Bunker Buster.

(If you can find a Supply Drop Lv4 from a team mate or have one yourself drop that for the added damage boost.)

The reason I use Cyro Field > Whirling Dervish > Photon Blast is for the Escalating Might which adds around 270 Might for using 3 harmful powers. Ending it with Photon will give you the 50% modifier for the Bunker to do an extra bit.

Tactical Mods: Absorbing for Weapon Mod. Then I have Deadly Block, Penetrating Strikes, Escalating Might IV, Empowered Channeling, Berserker.

Hopefully this helps a little if you have any questions just reply to this thread I will keep an eye on it and when I get home I will give you numbers as well I have them written down in my handy dandy notebook. xD
    • Like x 1
  8. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

Shouldn't the gauss grenade be thrown 1st to get the PI on target 1st then you use cryo field (this gives you a double tick) then clip with intimidation.After intimidation use fear gas then jump cancel into weapon combo. Photon if they are at 35%.
    • Like x 1
  9. Chaotick New Player

The burning ticks of 20 I usually don't trip over because I will eventually catch them on fire by getting up close with cyro field. Idk why it does this but when my Cyro Field is active I can just walk up to a electrified enemy and it will start burning without the Cyro's initial hit. I just do that for the speed of getting damage out there. I already said Photon when they are at 35% or below in health?
  10. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

I know you said photon i just said it to finish the rotation i use it in as i do it ;)
  11. Enubis New Player

Wow, these are some really good, and some really heavy tips, all in all great stuff nonetheless! Thanks everyone!

So to summarize, after watching Gilgamesh video and reading all this. It would be to have gauss, cryo, intimidate and ect.
    As well as that most melee would pair up generally well with Gadgets! So this is awesome to know!
    And thanks Clutch for the note on using Intimidation over Neo Venom.

I would like to know though, for such a form what kind of a stat priority should I look at?
    Might build or Precision build, as well as the priority order for gear.
  12. Chaotick New Player

Really its preference between full prec & might or you can lean a little more towards might like me.
    I wouldn't end it off with photon to much cause a quick weapon combo the cyro, intimidation, whirling, gauss last about the same as photon cast. I see the damage is a little more but I do use photon but only when I need to be ranged or just feeling like bringing in those extra ticks.

I saw you said jump cancel Fear Gas into a weapon combo. What I did when I used fear gas was Intimidation > Weapon Combo > Whirling Dervish > Fear Gas Jump Canceled > Triangle (ranged weapon attack > Gauss Grenade.

Whirling Dervish will help with you Intimidation then Whirling will also 50% modify Fear Gas and then after you jump you can kind of phantom triangle for the extra 100-500 into gauss grenade.

=)
  13. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

My gadget is precision and might built. When I'm out of power i can just do weapon combos.
  14. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

If they are at 35% i end it with photon for the extra damage dude. Your making it sound like i just do it regardless if the target is 35% or not.

Why would you do this if the target is at 35% its almost dead so why waste power doing a full rotation again? The target would be dead while your in mid rotation. If i misinterpreted your message i apologize.
  15. mikeycorleone New Player

My weapon is 1h, (tried staff but just cant adapt to it yet) My loadout from left to right is.. Fear, gauss grenade, Intimidation, Cyrofield, phonton blast, n bunker buster...
    Clip cyrofield with intim weapon combo tap 3x then hold, lol i forgot the name... but immiediatly when u press hold do fear gass thn quckly jump n gg.. Phonton blast is gr8 for single target especially when health is low and very spammable (but vulnerable to interrupt) and bunker buster, i use my CC trink thn go bunker buster on a big boss thn phonton blast
    If u wanna range a boss which hits hard i'd switch cyrofield with sticky bomb good aoe
  16. Madholm New Player

Go to the powers section and read the gadgets dps post. I recently posted the optimal dps loadout for gadgets and so far people are only giving you partial versions. Just check my posts if you can't find the right thread.
  17. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

:rolleyes: rite....
    What did we miss? The way we rotate it? Because I could have sworn we did give most of what he need to get started. Plz do link it here for us so you can make it easy for the OP to find. Just saying it isn't helping him. Your only "partially" helping him.
  18. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

19. Flea New Player

I unlike the masses am a ranged gadget dps and have no problem keeping up or topping the charts. My loadout is lame and I don't use clipping but it works for me. Its napalm, gauss, BB, intimidation, turret, and photon blast with accomplice, supply drop, orbital strike and cc trinket.

Playing as a ranged dps there is alot of upside as you are almost constantly attacking. You have a great view of the field and can pick your targets much easier. You should rarely be hit, stunned,or have to hold block waiting for a heal or being ko'd. A quick roll will get you out of most situations while keeping you in attack range. I'm usually in the area with the healers/trollers and can easily protect them from any adds that get through. I prefer the bow over pistols because I believe its slipshot(the one where you fall back) can take you out of target range.

I initially thought I would have to go melee to be a viable gadgets dps, as I would seem to be behind in the begining of raids and have to work my fingers off to catch up. Then I realized where I shined was in boss fights where my single target burst damage with high survivabity made a huge difference. Don't feel like you have to have a certain build to play your power set or if you use a certain build you will be good. Take into account what makes you comfortable playing and tweek it to fit your playstyle.
  20. BreakYoself New Player

I got you home boy. Do yoself a favor go mental. way better den gadget. period. mass terror all day babe.