Functional GADGETS dps Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Original Empress, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Is there a GADGETS load-out that doesn't need Sonic Cry or Amplified Heat vision and all that mess?
    Gadgets USED to be a powerhouse power.
  2. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

3. Berza Committed Player

• Like x 1
  4. Faelwolf Active Player

5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

uhm, gadgets is still one of the top powers, no matter how you play it...
  6. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I don't know. I think that it has been seriously nerfed, otherwise why would ppl resort to powers like sonic cry, and amplified heat vision and all that clipping just to compete with play from the tray powers like Electricity and others? Playing Gadgets is a finger stamina trial. What's more you have to be right under a boss to have any effect?
    I used to run GG, Napalm, Sticky and Paralyzing Dart and parse 300K from max range. Then I would drop Asphixiation Gas or Bunker buster.
    Even then, power cost was high.
  7. Craftsman New Player

Stealth, emp hits hard and cryo foam dart cryo foam is pretty devastating. I added solar beam because of the artifact. Also the way it works with cryo foam. if I stacked my gadget against my earth at the same cr same sp, earth is hands down taking it. But that doesn't mean gadgets is broken. Earth is on top for now. They'll nerf it in a few months, never fails.
    Anyway, the solar beam or whatever that heat ray is called, builds up with the artifact. Pick the artifact you want to run with and stack it with nth metal. So far that's where I see most top dps get there gains from is artifacts. No matter if your running a electric or nature dps it comes down to what artifact you have and how much you lvled it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

300K DPS is *insanely* good. like 5x the 60K threshold for "acceptable" damage output.

even if that's just a single combo, it's still *insanely* good.

I know Gadgets is still performing because Gadgets (along with Rage, Earth, Nature and Munitions) is one of the Might Powers that could consistently match pre-nerf Doom Spin output. You can't do that with Mental, unless you go full Precision.
    • Like x 1
  9. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Yeah I know 300 K is insane but my point is that Gadgets was able to do it play from the tray, left to right without iconic powers or movement powers.
    I will admit, since the change I have tried downdraft along with my electric LO and it hits pretty hard standalone (no PI).
    Maybe the DEVS just wanted to find a way to make players use the other stuff too.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

no, like, uhm, doom spin, which they nerfed because it was 'too strong' was doing a max of 120K DPS. if you're doing 300K per second? you're using something that is broke AF.
  11. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Not per second and not recently.
    The 300k+ was at the end of a rotation.
  12. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Oddly enough, I suppose...
    My main is Electricity and despite supposedly using artifacts I shouldn't (according to YouTube) and those being under 120 in rank she does quite well. I have outscored higher CR players on the leaderboard with my current LO. A LO that I came up with on my own.