Frustrated with Renown System and Suggested Solutions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GamerChef6, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Limey Committed Player

To be fair, you also bragged about being top DPS in a PUG, which are most frequently made up of either unskilled or undergeared players, as most skilled and geared players use LFG to run elite content in preformed groups - and calling him "Cyclo-whoever" is just as rude. Proving you can be just as bad or low as anyone else isn't working for you in your attempts to prove how 'good' you are.
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You don't need old Elite raids to get to EG CR. I returned to the game after 8 years in July last year, on a new account and different server than before. I've had max CR currently possible for almost 6 months now and I barely ran any Elite stuff (except solos and duos) until recently. You can get to EG CR running any one solo over and over, if you like - or just any random content, because there are no loot-locks and all the old content drops scaling gear and Source Marks you can use to buy gear, that will raise your CR.

Feats and Skill Points have nothing to do with CR. And there are enough feats in regular content to collect enough Skill Points even for current Elite stuff, so old Elite feats are not required at all. Just run regular raids and worry about old Elite once you get into a decent league.
    • Like x 2
  3. GamerChef6 Level 30

Yeah. This is the one I lean to. It can be beneficial for all and the easiest to implement.
  4. Skoll Well-Known Player

You can get from CR 1 to CR378 in about a week at maximum. You don’t need to run any elite content for feats to get 300+ SP, which imo is not horrible for regular elite content. You wan’t “easy” feats? They’re just grinds. “Kill X monster X amount of times”, “complete X task in X city” etc. source marks to buy styles off all the style vendors etc.
    • Like x 2
  5. GamerChef6 Level 30

Thanks for that info. Iw as under the impression CR was dependent on both gear and SP as a change since I left the game and came back. I am used to grinding as a completionist, but knowing that CR is gear dependent only helps alot. I will take that advice and catch up tomorrow. However. I still think the renown of past factions could still handled better, imo.
  6. GamerChef6 Level 30

So, to defend myself from a previously condescending and uninformed comment based on assumption with facts that are opposite to the claim made is not rude but pointing out someone should not make judegments about other players they don't know. The Cyclo-whatever was rude, i will conceed. I let my frustration get the better of me.
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's ok bro. I forgive you.
  8. GamerChef6 Level 30

Thank you. I forgive you too.
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

My favorite is the "Barbatos phase" or "Pride phase" shouts. It took me forever to realize what they meant was "[boss name], phase on me." Especially since there used to be plenty of people that would shout "Injustice, phase 2" or something similar.
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Pretty much this. You can also rank up your CR pretty quickly by running the latest episode (which you can do, regardless of your CR, starting at level 20). The loot caches and drops are appropriate for your CR, but by farming them, you can get gear that raises your CR, salvage all the extra gear for exobytes to level up your origin augments (raising your stats), and get lots of episode-specific exobytes to level up your adaptive augments (which also raises your stats).
    • Like x 1
  11. Tolly Committed Player

For old DLC, one could imagine a seller who could buy fame with source mark
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd say 50% exchange maybe. There should still be MORE incentive to run the older elites (like full renown) but it would also give some additional incentive to running elites in content where you already completed your own set. I'd never run Spindrift station Elite (unless a friend were asking for an assist) as that run can be a crap show on all 3 bosses and I'd get nothing out of it as I have the feats and renown. However, if I could get a few 100 renown to apply to some other set I do need more in, it would have a slight sway (well...probably not for spindrift E...but others) towards getting me in there.

However, the unfortunate truth is that if you did this, people would find the easiest quickest E run (USE?) to plow through and just knock out all their elite renown and avoid going into the old elites entirely at some point. Sad but true.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't take it personally....He asked me if I wanted to run a feat the other night, I told him I didn't need it and he told me 'ok, go F yourself'. That's just his mentality.....he's not capable of better.

Kind of like when the monkeys throw poop at you in the zoo. Don't take it personally....they can't do any better....flinging poop is just what they do.
    • Like x 2
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Someone who understands me.

<3
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there is generally a duo or a solo for each episode so you have options along with an alert that only takes 4 people

I do like the idea i saw someone say about unifying anything in EEG to the same renown to help with that and also converting current ones once your maxed to help work on older ones both good ideas
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I feel that once content hit EEG and we've maxed current, we should be able to convert renown boxes to EEG Elite renown. Maybe make it 25 to 1. That way we can actually utilize dropped renown in content we can successfully run, instead of trying to get groups going for older content that we may have already gotten the feats in, but want the style on alts. Or something like that.

In any event, there needs to be something done for old Elite renown instead of just waiting to join in the anniversary event that can usually only be ran 4-5 times without replays.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Agreed with this, but to expand further I reckon it could be.

1:1 conversion on any kind of renown (downwards of course not upwards)

and then I think a source mark conversion as well 1:1 so 1 source mark buys literally 1 renown or 50 source marks buys 50 renown.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm actually shocked you'd be for this with your 'just play the content' overall theme in posts past. I'm ok with some system (although I believe 1 to 1 is too generous), and besides downward, it should only extend to EEG, not EG content, you shouldn't be able to buy LOD elite until Ep 45 comes out...no mater the conversion rate.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I surprised you did I, lol

Elite's a bit different from normal omnibus content. people will still always be required to run it for feats and potentially chase items, the more chase items put in content the better, then it doesn't even have to come down to renown.

The renown, ultimately only gives access to the elite gear/styles is realistically only a part of the carrot, of which I'd rather see people get a little bit easier access to once it's entered EEG.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Proxy wants participation trophies....you heard it here first!!
    • Like x 1