Frustrated with Renown System and Suggested Solutions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GamerChef6, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Then you do what mommy taught you before kindergarten. Play nice and make some friends.
    • Like x 1
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It's called "Elite". "Noobs" have no business there.

"We" can't do anything. We're players, not developers. And the devs won't lock inventory in combat, because then many (maybe most) players would have no use for any more artifacts than they already own.

With 6 art slots there would be a lot more combinations and synergies between artifacts, which would make the game much harder to balance. Also, the gap between long-time players who have 6 200 arts and new ones who have 2 or 3 120s would get much, much bigger, making new and returning players lose hope of catching up, without spending 1000 bucks.

Why should anyone trust you? I don't think you did the math. It already takes best part of a year to level 3 artifacts - maybe more than a year for a casual player. If new players are told they have to level 6 (or 12, if they want to play both roles) to get into Elite groups - they won't "feel the progression", they'll just go play something else.
    • Like x 2
  3. GamerChef6 Level 30

Wow, ok. Well, there was merit to the warning I received about a "toxic comminuty" existing in the DCUO.

This change would make good gaming and business sense. I left this game twice. First because it was too repetitive, boring, and buggy when it first came out.

The second was basically the same reason as the first as well as it did nothing to help new and returning players to catch up. WoW, FFXIV, even the old game City of Heroes knew the importance of increasing the player base and figured out that retaining returning and new players was largely dependent on players being able to complete everything they had missed. To catch up, get the gear they needed, the mounts and items they wanted, and so forth. So, they took measures to help mitigate that by introducing features that made it easier to accomplish that.

Currently, the breadth of content is great. It is why i have returned and continue to play. I am just saying adding some type of feature to help with this part of the game would improve it for new and returning players, increase retention of players, and bring them up to speed with the other MMO's out there.
    • Like x 1
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Play regular content. Be competent and friendly - or at least not terrible and an a-hole - and sooner or later you'll find people, who will want to run the difficult stuff with you. That's what I did - took me many months, but this is not a game for a few afternoons.

If you're a new player - Elite content is not meant for you. It was implemented so that most experienced players have something to do, while regular players can run the moderately difficult versions of the raids and new players - the event versions.
    • Like x 2
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That sounds like a neat idea, but in practice - I don't know how many players would use it. I tried a few Elite runs with PUGs - they didn't go very well. A lot of regular Omnibus runs are failures, unless there's one or two experienced players with good artifacts, who can lead, teach and/or carry the group. In Elite content carrying more than 1 or 2 players is usually out of the question and you really need communication and trust, because even experienced groups can often wipe a few times and if people don't know each other - blame game and drama ensue.
    • Like x 1
  6. GamerChef6 Level 30

I have been gaming since Runescape and City of Heroes. I get the set-up and why such things as Elite exist as I have watched MMO's evolve over the last 25 years. What is being lost in this thread is how it is difficult to stat up to current CR with the completion of Feats, which include the completion of styles, basically locked out because of this. I want to play current Elite. So, a returning player, seasoned as I am, is still not able to really get up there into the current Elite raids because of CR which is hampered by a system that locks you out for a significant amount of time trying to find a way to complete all the old Elits to complete the feats to get the skill points to reach the CR.
  7. GamerChef6 Level 30

I was in an Elite PUG and it went quite will. Top DPS and only one death for a first run, if I may say so myself. But also, that is a risk I am willing to take until I have developed a group I can run with just so I can increase my skill points so to increase my CR.
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Breaking news. Today in DCUO... the top dps doesn't know what EoG is. Seems legit.
  9. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You must be mistaken the stat clamp fixed every issue in the game and things are better than ever before.

[IMG]

Just kidding. People have been talking about the same issues since the "fix" made the problem worse with zero results. The current DCUO regime seems very big on reskins, capsules, and wanting us to be quite unless agreeing with them.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

"Zero results" huh? You must be collecting all the data. That's pretty impressive. Only those with the maximum amount of alphaness are capable of such feats.
  11. GamerChef6 Level 30

Oh, I figured it out. EoG -End of Game. We never called it EoG, we just said or typed out "end of game." But thanks for being rude and unhelpful.
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's Eye of the Gemini. See? I am helpful. Your very own guardian angel.
  13. Limey Committed Player

I like this idea. An episode's elite content drops a renown box that can used for renown of that episode, or any previous episode. So you don't have older episodes trivializing the newest episodes' renown, but likewise, you can run current elite content after maxed renown for that episode to work on renown of older episodes.
    • Like x 3
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

EoG is Eye of Gemini: an artifact.

EG is end game: the most current three episodes.
    EEG is early end game: older episodes, clamped content, Omnibus content
    • Like x 1
  15. GamerChef6 Level 30

So, your response to a person who admitted to just coming back after 5 years and not knowing in game jargon is to first question their ability to play and attempt to mock them only to turn around and actually be helpful when called out for being rude. Again, that there is a segment of DCUO that is "toxic community" warning just proven further.
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Nobody's perfect.
  17. GamerChef6 Level 30

Thanks for the help. There are different acronyms in different gamers. A couple you listed meant something different in FFXIV. This was very helpful
    • Like x 1
  18. Limey Committed Player

DCUO abbreviations, acronyms, and general terminology rarely coincide with the rest of gaming in general, and in some cases, rarely make sense logically or descriptively.. you know, instead of east, center, west - it's 1, 2, and 3. Instead of people saying anything descriptive at all, they just say "on me" in shout instead of group.. a lot of "if you know, you know, if you don't then too bad" type of attitude.
    • Like x 1
  19. GamerChef6 Level 30

Yeah. After 25 years plus of gaming, it hasn't changed in the lack of congruence in that, and understandably with somethings. Hence why I asked for clarification and then why I responded in kind to Cyclo-whoever for being rude.
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Its pretty toxic to refer to people like that after they were kind e ough to correct you. Why do you have to be so toxic?
    • Like x 1