Friday Night Legends: New Show Formats!

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Friday Night Legends is DC Universe Online's weekly community-focused livestream. Join us every Friday at 4:00 PM Pacific for insight into DCUO's leagues, exciting PvP action, PvE challenges, and to see DCUO’s players, world, and content from unique perspectives only Developer access and Developer tools can provide.

In addition to League Spotlights and Event Spotlights, we have two new FNL show formats to announce: The Main Event and PvE Challenge! Read on for details!

The Main Event
    Do you have a rival league? Do you want to throw down once and for all in a live, no-holds-barred grudge match? Contact them, then contact us (details below), and if you're both willing, we'll set up the most epic Friday Night of exhibition matches you can imagine, and we'll stream it all live on Twitch.TV.

To sign up for a Main Event FNL, PM Mepps with the title “FNL Main Event: <League Name>” and a brief description of your league. Make sure to note who you would like to face, if you have contacted them, and how to contact them. (To send a PM, on the official forums, search for “Mepps,” click on Mepps under matched users, then click Start a Conversation.) Alternatively, send an email to FridayNightLegends@soe.sony.com.

PvE Challenge
    Ready to show off your PvE skills and...let's say, adaptability? Join us on the show and bring your best stuff, because each show we'll pick a PvE challenge at random, and you'll have the rest of the show to complete it. Win and you get prizes, glory, and fame. Lose? Well, trust us, you don't want to lose.

To sign up for a PvE Challenge FNL, PM Mepps with the title “FNL PvE Challenge: <League Name>” and a brief description of your league. (To send a PM, on the official forums, search for “Mepps,” click on Mepps under matched users, then click Start a Conversation.) Alternatively, send an email to FridayNightLegends@soe.sony.com.
    • Like x 4
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Also, do you have suggestions for what might make an exciting PvE challenge? What crazy and challenging things have you accomplished, or almost accomplished? What are you most proud of? Think outside the box!

We're open to any and all ideas, from completing content in a certain time, or with certain numbers of people, or with certain roles (or without certain roles), to strange, interesting, insane, or hilarious challenges we haven't even begun to think of yet. Share your thoughts!
    • Like x 1
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Very nice guys:). Can't wait to see what you all have in store.
    P.S: Fami challenges the Devs :D.
    • Like x 3
  4. MercPony Devoted Player

A dev should fill a role in a pve challenge as well!
  5. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Prizes you say? Mmm what things could those include :D
  6. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

I guess this is because of the last episode? What will this mean for those on the "waiting list"?
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're scheduling people mostly on order applied, and figuring out details/what kind of show afterwards, so not much impact. If you're on the list and want to do one of these formats, just let me know however you applied.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aiden Warren New Player

If your the Challenge, No, We all will Run, she does 9000's
    • Like x 1
  9. ARI ATARI New Player

PVE CHALLENGE: being that you have the length of the show, complete OBC with 8 dps, al wearing rings, necks, weapons, utility belts, and any piece of gear they choose.
    other 7 spots remain empty. (no gear at all in them)
    no healers, no trollers, no tanks.
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I've always said that completing the Gorilla Grodd Duo through the use of barrels ONLY should be a Feat ... so it might qualify for a PvE Challenge.
    • Like x 1
  11. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

PVE Challenge:
    Solo all the Central City Bounties from Lightning Strikes DLC
  12. Savage Mind Committed Player

Pshh. I can solo villain side Ace Chemicals Bounty.
    • Like x 1
  13. FreedomRollerMan Well-Known Player

Hey new show formats! I'd like to see a Saturday Night Scrimmage! or a Friday Night Scrimmage! I know I can't be the only one that can't make the one hour friday scedule show. I sometimes can't get on until 7 pm PDT on a Friday but if there was one on Saturday...... I want to be in a scrimmage tournament.
  14. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Like the idea of the new format! Maybe also a Community Event style one? We've done a couple of league events that would make for fun FNLs (olympics, riddle hunts) and some of the CEC events would have been cool to watch.

PVE challenge: run one of the long raids (batcaves, fos 1, 2, themyscira). Switch role every time you come out of combat. No gear/loadout changes allowed.
    • Like x 1
  15. melvinpox Devoted Player

Should have an enitre show dedicated to hunting down Melvin Pox and beating him to a pulp. Just sayin'.
  16. Pew New Player

• Try to get the feat for not closing any tunnel in paradox while thinking you could manage it just having to kill the main boss.
    • Kite the 4 subbosses and masses of adds in an all out frenzy across the room for extended amounts of time and get the main boss down.
    • Feel trolled, go to bed angry.
    • Develop new strategies!
  17. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Mass Terror vs The Masks ;)
  18. Aiden Warren New Player

Something I did out of boredom.

FNL Main Event

FNL PVE Challenge
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLoneLantern New Player

Complete Inner Alert with 3 players in 30 mins. (you can decide if they are allow to use supply drops or not)

Just que 4 players in, and then have 1 leave.
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

After some lately runs I saw it may be funny to have a PvE Challenge like:

Nexus of Reality: No point of Return
    When a teammember dies he is not allowed to return to the group for the rest of the entire raid! Goal is to finish the raid with what you have in the end. The setup of the raidgroup is in the hands of the participating league.
    • Like x 1