Friday Night Legends: Episode 69!

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Next week on Friday Night Legends:

When: November 21, 2014 - 4:00PM PDT - 5:00PM PDT
    Server: US PC
    Follow us on Twitter @DCUO and @Spytle, and use our hashtag #DCUO_FNL!

Friday Night Legends is DCUO's weekly community-focused livestream hosted by the Developers behind the game. Join us this Friday and every Friday on Twitch for live look-ins across the game worlds to see real players in action. You’ll also get behind-the-scenes information, the latest news and Developer commentary, spotlights on Leagues and other player-run organizations, ringside views of the best PvP battles, and so much more.

Coming up on future episodes of Friday Night Legends (subject to change):
    • 11/28/14: OFF
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The YouTube replay will be uploaded here after the show.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kanua5 New Player

You having the Riddler on as a co-host?
    You da man, Mepps.
    • Like x 1
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Is it a error that the 5v5 is listed as being in The Pit?

PS3/4 Players had the luxury of having a true 5v5 FNL without random buffs deciding a victory. Could the PC Players please have the same?
    • Like x 2
  5. KillTheSilence New Player

Not that I plan on doing FNL, it's been The Pit for the longest time now. The buffs actually require teams to be more aware of what's going on. You have just as much chance to get the buffs as the other team. This is just one of many arenas that will utilized for FNL.
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I didn't even realize it was The Pit until yesterday when me and Venge were talking about it. I just wish we could get straight forward fights in the Watchtower like the PS3/PS4 crowd got and then next FNL Arena cycle if they decide to go with 5v5's again then switch it to The Pit. That's all.

I do agree however that it is the team's responsibility to get the buffs, and we already have that worked out how we are gonna handle it, but most PVP'rs I know aren't a fan of buffs.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

If a DPS gets hand of one of the buffs it is an instant 250 points the to DPS's team.
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

I was almost ready to sign us up, then I found out it was 5s. I was under the impression is was 3s. Won't have enough for that on such short notice, so we won't be taking part. :(
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

At this point I don't think it matters really Dread. We only have 4 teams signed up for the event. Many aren't a fan of Pit and on top of that there just aren't that many 5's teams. For USPC I think they should have gone 4v4 Isis or Watchtower. Either way I will be really really surprised if we have enough teams sign up by tomorrow evening to have this thing not be canceled. But who knows I might be surprised (which I would really enjoy as I was looking forward to the event).
    • Like x 2
  10. BigAl Devoted Player

I was expecting 3v3. I had 2 ready and I could have made a 3rd join (with threats towards their Momma) but 5 is stretching it. I suppose enough people are miffed about some of the current issues that they don't want to participate. Which is sad...can't have those PS peeps showing us up. ;)
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

In case the FNL doesn't have enough to warrant SOE streaming it Hope Brothers will be on tonight at the time it was suppose to take place and will be taking scrims to pass the time.

However on that note the FNL does have 6 teams signed up...hopefully 2-4 more will sign up last minute.
  12. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

When will the next session of #AskDCUO be?
  13. Talve Dedicated Player

If there would not be buff available at start of the game, i would agree.
    But because there is, who ever has the best connection will get the buff as well.
    So as a guy from Europe who plays on USPC - no, everyone do not have "as much chance" to get the buffs.
  14. KillTheSilence New Player

Just because you're from Europe, the arena should be changed? You're playing on servers designed for the NA continent. I do not agree unfortunately. I've seen plenty of people from overseas get the buffs first. Again, nothing should be changed due to one player being from overseas playing on servers designed for NA.
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

i disagree , buffs should trigger delayed by 30 sec after start and not at start... why do ppl with superspeed have all the disadvantage here?
  16. Talve Dedicated Player

No, they should not change it "because i'm playing overseas". They should change it because having buff at start is stupid.

Is getting a buff in middle of the game skillful?
    In a way, yes. Have to know timings, get out of combat at right time, locate the buff. If you had died at the right time, respawn at the right spot. Some skill. If you want to be extra cheesy, swoop in a loadout.

Is getting buff at start skillful? No. Who ever has best connection, gets the buff.

So yes, i agree with space2k. If there are any buffs the had at all, make them at least not spawn before the game starts.
    0 upside, lots of downside.

Come over EUPC and try to snap a buff from me.

Yes, i get the buff most of the times on USPC even with my EU connection, as funny as it is.
    But if there is even 1 person who somewhat knows what he is doing and has better connection on top of it -> yes, his going to get it instead.
    And no, it's not even overseas only issue.
    USA, east coast vs west coast -> whole a lot of miles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And not to the topic.
    Thanks for the games.
    Kind a sad that only 3 other teams showed up.
    Well, better than nothing.
    • Like x 4
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Rather disappointed that self-proclaimed best PvPers and their leagues did not bother showing up.
    You know who you are :)
    • Like x 3
  18. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Too bad about the poor turnout, guess even the chance at SC isn't enough to get many people into arenas on USPC :/

Wish there was an actual spectator mode built into the game for these sort of events, though; would be nice to know the powers, roles, or heck, even the names of the players involved.
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Can't speak for the other teams as I'm not sure man but our set-up was:

Slob - Sorcery Healer
    Talve - Electric Healer
    Brice - Power Troller [Gadgets]
    Venge - DPS Troller [Gadgets]
    Clutch - Rage DPS
    • Like x 1
  20. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Ikr! by the way some of them brag, you'd think they were actually good :p

p.s. i know some of them are good though,
    • Like x 1