Friday Night Legends: Episode 69!

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Nov 17, 2014.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

I knew a former mate that said he was the best PvP'er on the server. Yet, never signed up for any of the tournaments. He was good, don't get me wrong. Said he had nothing to prove though. :rolleyes:
    The risk of losing on a streamed event scares some blowhards.

Oh, and Brother Allen. I am pushing for my mates to get in the next one. Would love to throw down with the new you and your mates, even if you hand me my ****.

Every time I hear Brother, I think of this :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Talve Dedicated Player

Feel free to scrimmage us any time you want.
    If we actually have a some kind a setup online we always accept scrimmages.
  3. Master Play Committed Player

There would have been more teams participating if:

The players of US PC actually hyped up the event and got the word around that this FNL would be arenas.
    A lot of players didn't even know about the arena FNL until it was too late, although it is their own fault that they don't keep up with the server's events.
    PVP is still pretty wonky right now, enough to change the outcome of two skilled teams fighting. Breakouts still messed up, certain counter windows off, certain powers with imbalanced advantages. I personally wouldn't compete seriously in an arena tournament until these things are fixed.
    Also, keep in mind a lot of US PC's competitive Arena PvPers left the game in the last couple of months.

However, I did sign up with "a team" to participate for fun and at least give Hope Brother's some sort of challenge, but unfortunately had to be DQ'd because I started a new job and ended up falling asleep and forgetting all about the tourny when I got home.
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Getting 5 people on a team on the same night for a competitive match is harder than it sounds. But I'm sure most of us know that by now.

I too was disappointed by the low turnout. Does everyone fear getting their butts handed to them that much? Was it a lack of enthusiasm or will to gather enough players? I don't know. It could be any of those reasons.

This seems quite similar to what happened to SNL on USPC. I've seen the Challonge tournaments when I pull up DCUO, looks like no more SNL for PC. Which is a shame.

So what is it with USPC? What am I missing here?
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Pretty sure people did not want to risk being beat senseless live.
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

We almost always have 4 that can be got at a moment's notice in the evening for a 4v4 Scrim. Our dedicated 5v5 team though is a different story. We actually don't even play together except for once in a blue moon because of time zone differences and work schedules.

Heck, before last night, I think that was the first time all 5 of us had played in a 5v5 together since the second day I came back (4-5 weeks ago) at which time we were gearing up.
  7. BigAl Devoted Player

That's our problem. Getting 4 of our better PvP'ers on at the same time, and not overlapping, is rare. 5, well, might as well ask for a national holiday to commemorate it. :p

And no response to Hogan? Nothing? ;)
  8. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

I thought there would be around 10 teams signed up, i was surprise that it was only 4. o_O
  9. Buckley Loyal Player

Remove all advantages(HT Mods, belts) in PvP, then play in an arena that gives a team an advantage. LOL
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

when they were in the league hall... why is there two color blue mists the dark blue mist and the reg blue.... im confused, or is the darker one the indigo one
  11. QuaTumTroLL Well-Known Player

12. QuaTumTroLL Well-Known Player

Who's that? I'll give a reason why they didn't show up :3