Fix Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by fuchsiafox, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

I think as long as people can remain civil and respect each other's efforts, the 'demonstrations' are a good thing. In nearly every thread asking for Electricity to get some help, at least one or two people come in and talk about how beast they/their friend is with Elec and that everyone else just needs to "get gud". It's rare that they offer to put their efforts in the spotlight and let the community see the results.

The players (Electric and the others) that do this are doing a service to fans of Electricity, whether the results are good or bad.

I look forward to hopefully seeing each of the T5 raids run with a static group, for comparison. I just hope it's not all Prec-based DW testing.
    • Like x 1
  2. ScifiToilet New Player

this needs to be locked. the fact it has so many replies within 3 days is testimony to how much complaining is going on here and how much people like to complain.
  3. JTaroni97 New Player

The fact of the matter is Electric is not as good as other dps powers. The electric defenders here are saying that it is the player not the power, well yes but you can say that about any power, a good earth dps could easily beat a terrible celestial dps but if you put an electric dps in with a celestial, rage and hard light dps with similar gear and skill then they will come dead last no doubt. You say it can "hold it's own" but that's more or less admitting it isn't as good as other powers.

Any electric dps on the EUPS server who wants to prove me wrong i'll gladly take up the challenge as i think these demonstrations are a good way to show the devs that something needs fixing.

Also on a side note the demonstration already done the electric dps did get thrashed, but if the other dps were good too, then the electric dps would be even futher behind.
  4. LexDakota New Player

The thing is I'm seeing a lot of trash talking from people whether they're electric or not. I agree the demonstrations can be helpful but not if they're accompanied with a lot of bad-mouthing and borderline disrespect.
    • Like x 3
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

You haven't seen me. I top Wave, Nexus and A&B (it we don't split up) as electric.

The only damages that are hard to keep up with is Celestial or a hardcore precision based damage. I don't lose to might based damage. Only might based damage I lose to was a revamped but precision based Nature damage.

I'm still waiting for Electric (even Earth) to get revamps. And the might based powers need a buff to compete against precision based damages.
  6. Humane Committed Player

There are no weak powers, only weak players. That may sound harsh but it's all too true.
    I pugged an A&B and we had an Electric Dps there. He came in second in damage out and the other 3 dps weren't wimps.
    I firmly believe that there is a powerset out there for everyone's playstyle, and if you follow the crowd like a lemming by choosing a popular power, it doesn't mean you will be good at it. Try different powers, and you will come across one that suits you.
    • Like x 1
  7. not_again Dedicated Player

Not sure why people are comparing DPS powers in A&B. Damage in A&B has to many factors that cant be accounted for. Who goes to metro or ranx, who goes into the maze and who stays out, who is killing the tubes versus just burning the bosses?

Also, PUG groups are not the way to test powers, there is usually a CR difference as well as a skill difference in PUG groups. I am electric and know the struggles of electric DPS. Everytime someone comes on here and says they are awesome with it prove it. I don't want to see the first room of nexus that takes you 5 plus minutes when it takes most leagues a min or less. That is not testing against other powers that is testing against weak players.
    • Like x 1
  8. tay2414 New Player

lies. elec cannot keep up with other might powers. i wanna see proof of this. link me to a video of a elec dps doing good damage
  9. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

I feel like those people that are defending Electric don't want the power to get better :cool:
    • Like x 1
  10. USPS3Carmelita_Foxy New Player

if your on USPS3 i show you what i can do

Carmelita Foxy
    USPS3 villain
  11. USPS3Carmelita_Foxy New Player

& its not that i just hate people bashing on elec, yes it got nerfed & need revamp but the fact people calling it trash for raids pisses me off tbh, im always on top, i rock a single target/AoE loadout & have a rotation, i dnt play around when i dps, even if DC nerfs it i'll still do my be just means i cant mess up, there's ALOT of trash elec players putting a bad name for elec saying there good but ain't.

elec is weak yes... BUT i do my best to make it shine, it needs a buff for more people to use it without putting the extra work.
    & what has got nerfed about elec the past two months needs to get fixed, there was no reason for nerfing the DoT.

& i believe ALOT is not the power itself but the player to. but in this case elec is the problem i have to admit..... but doesn't stop me & my knowledge & love for bashing/healing stuff up in t5, i know my power to the fullest & if anyone want to see what elec its really capable of dont be afraid to send me a tell in game info down bellow! :)

USPS3
    Carmelita Foxy
    villain
    • Like x 3
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

Pretty sure DPS has a standing offer on his villain. his name is Father DPS, add him.
  13. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

The only decent electric dpsing I've seen recently involved getting the pi setup, add some dots and overcharges while clipping in DW held throws. A lot of DW throws lol. I'm sure you're a good electric DPS if you've stuck with it this long. But I do feel if you switched powers you're actual damage per second would go up drastically. I have a full precision build gear and a might build so when I switch powers(frequently) I test them out and on certain classes the DW hold while setting up dots and pi will always gives decent results especially in add heavy raids.
  14. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

I kind of agree with your comment Elec doesn't suck just need a few things but so far is a fun power to play :)
    • Like x 1
  15. fuchsiafox New Player

ty everyone for your comments and support just try to keep the conversation about electricity and thing that need to be fix with it . fuchsiafox
  16. ApolloMystique New Player

electricity only looks good when other dps suck….i use electricity and I'm almost always at the top…but that's at the expense of the team…because i could use another power and burn through things faster and more efficiently…and whenever i revamp to a top tier power, the difference is SIGNIFICANT! and yourself is the best person to compare to, because you are the constant…same gear, same sp, same cr…if someone was to make a thread calling celestial a weak power, they would be laughed at…NO ONE would agree with them…90% of ppl know that electricity is weak…the remaining are either trolls, or ppl who don't want any competition from other dos power sets…and using DW as a part of your electricity rotation then saying it is a good power is sad...
    • Like x 1
  17. Bigodef New Player

I have an Eletric DPS cr 98. Some dudes in League with cr 77 (21 points below) do more damage than i. No offense, Eletric now is useless and i don't see people in the game with eletric power.

Black lightning in Operation Family Reunion is awesome, he's strong the power is great and super strong. I'm not asking to be like Black Lightning. I'm Asking to you fix and balance eletric power, DPS and healer role.

I think the game will be more fun for everything. I like some powers, but i really like eletric power, it's my favorite and it's not fair eletric be weak.

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  18. fuchsiafox New Player

i wish they would just shutdown fer a few days and fix everything .
    • Like x 2
  19. fuchsiafox New Player

fix electricity
    • Like x 1
  20. fuchsiafox New Player

dc you need to fix electricity or un-nerf it this sucks . i will return to dc universe when you fix this till then no money or memberships from me :mad: