Fire vs Ice vs Earth

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Coconuts, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Helios Xenon New Player

NO ONE IS SAYING WHO IS THE TOP DPS PLAYER OF ANY OF YOU EXCEPT YOURSELF.

and you cant say given 3 top geared players 1 gadget 1 light 1 electrict when the screenshot is a post of 2 gadget and 1 hl player DPSING. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE ELECTRIC AS A THIRD POWER SET !?!?!?!?!?!? read your own words.
  2. OP Scum New Player

Lol please a soda last for 30mins. Both raids were done/wiped in under 30mins. So stop trying to be clever over here. You wanna be a ******** and come post this on the forums while i was baked as hell and not taking it seriously? You know what, log in right now.
    • Like x 3
  3. Helios Xenon New Player

this is obviously not going anywhere.

apologizies to the OP of your derailed thread.

im done here ... unless
  4. HolyCrusader Active Player

LOL Ani.... you just love to warp information to make you look good???

We all know that your lockbox soda wouldve been still active in the 2nd prime, and dont act like you know scum wasnt lagging... just before you went off to pretend you're good I was raiding with im and I promise he was lagging all night and that it was only getting worse... considering you used WD and escalating might+ having a soda buff + coming in with full sc you really think that you beat him legit? naw.....

and wtf, this game isnt just about gear... its about skill too otherwise all those raids I beat/keep up with full t4 dps on my alt wouldnt have happened... sure internet speed is a factor but skill, and skill with a powerset are what make people good.

like helios said, sorry OP you're thread has gotten extremely offtopic and sorry this will probably be locked :/ blame ani shes kinda a c***
  5. Dee Pius New Player

Did I post my opinion about tanking (above) in the wrong thread?!... I hate when I do that!?
  6. Kristyana New Player

As someone who's been a die hard fire user since launch, I have to agree with your assessment. Earth is the strongest tanking set for several different reasons both in the sheer raw damage it can take and what it offers to a group. The only real tradeoffs, which I feel are fairly balanced are that there's only one cleanse and the group you run with needs to be more skilled than it would need to be with the other two tanks to get the most out of it.

That being said, there's no content hard enough in this game where it becomes apparent in the hands of skilled users.
  7. Impact Prime New Player

Aye she is smarter than that.. so maybe she wasn't basing DoTs on bursts =P. Personally, the only reason I still use DoTs is to take the edge off all the power I'm using. To add some power-efficiency to my damage out. Taking the time to cast electrocute and electrogenesis actually decrease my DPS slightly. I just found out she was under the impression that I used Whriling Deverish too... I don't lol, literally just starting testing it again; last time I tried it you couldn't clip it like you can now.

Anyway, it is kind of annoying to be constantly told by numerous people - most whom are simply repeating what they've heard, and don't actually have any experience on the matter - that no matter what you do, your power set never be equal to another, when you've proven it time and time again; I'm sure that's why Anie posted screenshots. Not to show off.. it wasn't very fair to say that.
    • Like x 1
  8. Captain Just New Player

Since we have gotten way off topic here, i thought i would join the club.

Found the first PC player worthy of being added to my ignore list. Think we can all guess who that is. Second thread ive seen him/her turn into a "top dps" debate. My suggestion: get over yourself.
  9. Coconuts Well-Known Player

In the words of the great Ron Burgundy, "boy, that escalated quickly! "

No need to apologize though. I understand. Every now and then people like to flaunt and measure their virtual d*cks and compare it with other people's (at least, that's what the scoreboard chasers are doing). Lets just go ahead and get this thread back on topic before it gets locked up.

So back to the icnoic shields, why use AD over HL shield? What are the pros and cons of each?
  10. Anierna Well-Known Player

As I said - Elec can compete with HL and Gadgets. Impact can prove it, and I've seen him do it against Air before and also against Chill.

Although, I'm totally up for an empirical study, if you like. Impact as Elec, Chill as HL, me or Scum as Gadgets. It doesn't matter which really. We'll do nearly the same damage.

My guess is that all 3 DPS scores would be within a hair of each other. And whatever difference there is could be accounted for by different latencies. I'll send some PMs around in-game to orgainze it. How about tomorrow or the next day?

The other thing I'd like to set up is 3 Gadgets DPS, and see how it compares to the 1 Elec, 1 HL, 1 Gadgets. It'd be a way to test how much of a detrimental impact Fear Gas overwriting has. How about Scum, Air, and me? Once again, I'd guess the scores would be within spitting distance of each other.
  11. Captain Just New Player

Hey, from the venacular that you use and the scientific method type approach you take with your testing, you seem like a pretty intelligent person... so can you tell me one thing? What is the title of this thread?
    • Like x 1
  12. Anierna Well-Known Player

lol. I see your point. So I'll try to loop it back :) I'll go Earth to test it too, if you like. And Fire and Ice after the update. It would be good to see how they compare to the 3 big powersets for DPS post-GU 23.
  13. Kristyana New Player

HLS doesn't work too well for a pure tank because you take so much damage that it will usually be gone before you even finish the animation. HLS works better for soloing or for other members of the raid that aren't being continually focus fired by enemies. You have to block to get the most out of it once you cast it, assuming you still have it after you cast it.

If you're going to be blocking anyway Amazon Deflection is arguably the best ability in the game available to anybody for taking pure, raw damage. It doesn't prevent all damage like a traditional shield but if you don't get interrupted when casting it, it has no upper limit for the amount of damage it will absorb for the six seconds it lasts.

In my opinion, HLS is better for people who know they're only going to take occasional damage. AD is better for people who know they're going to be taking heavy damage consistently, eg. tanks.
  14. Helios Xenon New Player

i like AD for when support roles start dropping and you need to pull some aggro and turle up while the rest of the team picks each other up. Fire's health pool works really well with it during solo heal moments. especially if the solo healer is picking someone up
  15. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Since im being mentioned here I do need to point out that in our 2 prime runs the 1st run I was ahead going into Brainiac but scum and Anierna died at the end so that score doesn't hold any merit but the dps going into Brainiac with the lead in that situation isn't really going to change at the final outcome. Scum and I weren't buffed for those prime runs and the raid had numerous moments with 0 power for upwards of 10 secs.

The Fos 2 scoreboard at the split paths Anierna was Solo dpsin the right hand side while I was with a 2nd dps on the left hand side and was still only 39k behind at the end so its really hard to take that screenshot and have any merit to it considering the circumstances but hey just filling out the back story as obviously that plays a huge impact on the results. Having a prime run with the 3 of us equally buffed and controllers buffed running dlc white socketed gear may have been a different story.

To touch on a earlier tanking quote, I much preferred working low pressure in with my ice build and the delay and positioning is something that can easily be compensated for but that's just my personal preference.
  16. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Fire tanks health can go even higher. Mines over 11k.
  17. Anhur Committed Player

Sorry to detract, but reading through this thread was a good chuckle, a lot of misinformation, but this;

Wait till T5, we'll be back on top my Electric amigo!
    • Like x 1
  18. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

This thread gave me a headache near the middle of page 3. I would give a dps loadout but i like to keep that secret. I have a lot of ppl asking for my loudout after a raid. I even had ppl hate me for not telling, but i can tell everyone this upheaval is a no go for dps and i dont like local Tremor that much it ok.
  19. Spidersting Committed Player

For pve AD is a great option for tanking. For pvp HLS or AD will work well, in pvp your counter role can't strip the HLS off you and AD mitigates dmg and knocks people down that are hitting you with weapon combos. Only problem with AD is being knocked out of it. Objects flying around can knock you out of AD early and since it is a set amount of power now it is a waste if you get knocked out early.
  20. Steak Sauce New Player

LOL, yeah, that's totally gonna happen.

This is how it will go:

Scum: "So, what's going on here? brb getting baked."
    Anierna: "Brb, gotta get my calculator and print out my spread sheets of efficiency I have created over the past year by taking screenshots of everything. EVERYTHING. I once solod the booster gold tour suicide slums."
    Airsupreme: "Lag QQ my foot hurts QQ what is this QQ gotta go -disconnects-"

Make sure to fraps it.