Fire fix

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EK1975, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Streven Dedicated Player

So the first 15 seconds are garbage. The next minute I go back and forth using AM and all on non burning targets so you can see the difference in damage when AM is active. Then the last minute you can see me jump from group to group with AM active but no burning targets and damage stays high plus power regen continues normally.

My next video will show how Absorb Heat screws this up. If you land it on a non burning target you lose volatility thus get lower damage but power regen will continue until TA times out. Normally you'd get TA extended by hitting targets but because AH doesn't hit a burning target nothing will extend TA. If AH does hit a burning target you can continue extending TA using FC, FB, or MD indefinitely whether or not the targets are burning. You'll see that at the end of the next video.

Here's the first test showing how everything works with BD as the setup and having non burning targets.

2. Streven Dedicated Player

Second video highlighting Absorb Heat's...limitations.

3. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Are you playing on console?

Because this sounds like an issue that was happening with munitions first droppped
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Hmm, I wonder if what I was seeing was related to AH. I had been messing with both, as well as other abilities. I wonder if AH is bugged, then. If not, it seems they made it borderline useless. Might as well remove it from the AM altogether.
  5. L T Devoted Player

That's just the way Absorb Heat works with the AM. It's always been that way. AH has a couple of things to recommend it:
    • You save 2 power points by not taking Burning Determination.
    • If you hit a burning target, Absorb Heat returns its own power (BD never returns power)
    That having been said, I use Burning Determination. Ir's faster and easier.
    • Like x 2
  6. Streven Dedicated Player

Dont' forget to add that BD combined with AH actually ends up being a pretty decent self heal especially in small content. Plus, with AH you get to see the Volatility flash so it wins in style points. But yeah, I wanted it changed to maybe a multi ranged pull.
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

I am not saying this to be rude, but anyone still following this thread who is thinking that the Fire AM keeps you short on power it is simply an issue of OPERATOR ERROR. You're doing something wrong. I'd be more than willing to help anybody work through there issues in or out of game but there are no issues with power back with this change to power regeneration.
    • Like x 2
  8. Karnevil Committed Player

I pop BD/Inferno/FW/FC/FB/FB/BD - rinse and repeat. My only issue is FB is interruptible so if you get knocked out of it you may have to start over from there.
  9. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

It's weird but the power regen seems to work differently depending on where you are. Some instances I can't run out of power if I try too,but in others I run out of power like there is no regen even if I'm trying to make sure I'm doing it just so...
  10. Streven Dedicated Player

I think it just depends on how much you're getting interrupted for the most part. That's where most power is lost in my experience. Also, people that start their rotations with Inferno for that tiny little bit of extra dps by getting to clip their first three powers are throwing away that power also.
  11. Streven Dedicated Player

Depending on how far along i was in the FB cast when i get interrupted I will often not breakout, get up slowly, and cast a quick FC to keep the AM going. Also, there is never a reason to cast BD once you get the AM started unless you need the heals. It doesn't get power regen so its lost power everytime you cast it.
  12. L T Devoted Player

That's true. I've actually used AH to heal myself in the spark duo.

And yes, it would also be REALLY cool if it were a pull.
  13. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I think people aren't realizing that Inferno and Fiery Weapon don't extend thermal absorption. Throw in FC or Absorb heat occasionally and you will never hurt for power
  14. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I've actually been using enflame instead of inferno. Lunge pop! I'm crazy like that!;)
    I do think it's a lil buggy sometimes tho, I will run out of juice sometimes using only FC after BD, I got the sound, I got the blue and I'll run out of power.
    Without being interrupted or nuttin. I'll even try refreshing BD and still power will drain away, this is why I think it's buggy sometimes.
  15. Streven Dedicated Player

Mint just want to say it was fun playing with you this morning in those T5 4 man Ops. We had a rocking Fire group! :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

That was a lot of fun! We should do that again sometime!
    I was on my clone toon Double Mint on my second account. She's still a baby, only has about 50 SPs lol.
    If ya want some extra heat add my main Mint Stiletto and give me a shout.:p