Fire fix

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EK1975, Jun 20, 2015.

1. EK1975 Well-Known Player

So, with update 49 we got the fire power fix. We also got a change for advanced mechanics. From power back instantly to power over time. I think this was a bad decision.

Unless I'm not doing something right, I use Burning Determination to trigger getting power back, then Inferno, then Fire Burst. I am getting power back, but it's not happening fast enough.
    • Like x 1
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I use Inferno then BD then FW then FB 4-6 times and repeat....I am not having any issues with power.
    • Like x 1
  3. EK1975 Well-Known Player

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I do BD first, then Inferno.
  4. EK1975 Well-Known Player

Nope. Just tried doing Inferno, then BD. Still not getting power back fast enough.
  5. EK1975 Well-Known Player

Before they stupidly changed it to Power Over Time, you would get power back instantly from Thermal Absorption.
  6. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Hmmm....not sure why you are having issues. I use that rotation and get plenty of power back to run through it 3-4 times with no issues. One of my league mates was having issues staying powered also...I have not had a chance to talk to them but they were new to the AM so I chalked it up to inexperience.
  7. HeismanDavis44 New Player

I too am having a power back issue.
  8. Xanoth Dedicated Player

If I don't use FC a few times first I run out of power quicker than I get it back. Especially if I use Inferno clipped with FW.

BD>Inf>FW>FB>FB... <absorb heat drops for for no reason> FB>FB no power.

Not sure why, 3rd FB it drops, first 2 go fine, no pauses in casting. Surely if it was going to drop it would be at the first one.

Start of 3rd FB cast, it drops, doesn't matter if I do inferno first or BD first, first FB refreshes it, second one doesn't.

I resorted to just using FC and switching FB into it when power is over 75%, so if it fails I can at least start back up again.

EDIT: tbh I'm having issue with abilities doing no damage and not registering as hitting at all. Even if point blank. I have the same issue with my Gadget alt. Point blank EMP, 3 PI active, nothing. Even at low level it still normally hits for 10-13k non crit. EMP goes off and enemy HP bars don't move sometimes.

Edit Edit: Fire behaving normally while soloing dailies now.

In general though just use FC if you ever need to block, break out, get stunned, etc. triggers faster and gets you back into the rotation without having to start over. try to FB usually means AH drops.
  9. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

Yes the new power over time is a lot slower and actually doesnt return all the power from fireburst before you cast your next one. So you do run the risk of running out of power especially if you didnt kill a npc fast enough (solos & duos) But in an Alert you should bring a troll and you'll be fine with a pot. But being self sufficient on power is a thing of the past with the new update the return is just too slow to pop your Firebursts consistently.
  10. stl4now Well-Known Player

The regeneration could be a tad bit better but I'm finding it easy to keep the rotation going without worrying about power.
    • Like x 2
  11. Streven Dedicated Player

Power regen starts with BD or AH and the status affect is Thermal Absorption i.e. the blue flame. If you don't land either FC, MD, or FB on a target within six seconds you lose Thermal Absorption and thus power regen. Fiery Weapon, Inferno, and Enflame get power regen from TA but they don't extend it. The only time you will ever run out of power using the Fire AM is if you miss the window to refresh Thermal Absorption and keep casting powers before you realize it.

You will also run low if you are constantly getting cc'ed and using breakout. Also Burning Determination doesn't get power regen so if you are using that while TA us still active you will be wasting power.

Some people are probably casting inferno, Enflame and/or fiery weapon thinking that extends TA when it doesn't.
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Also important to make sure targets are always burning. If you cast on a non-burning target, you'll lose the AM.
    • Like x 2
  13. Streven Dedicated Player

This is only true for Absorb Heat. Flaming Cascade, Fireburst, and Mass Detonation don't require burning targets to extend Thermal Absorption. And of course BD has everything built into one cast.

Absorb Heat is one of the biggest culprits for screwing people up with this AM because it extends the visual effect and sound effect of Thermal Absorption but not the power regen if it hits a non burning target. Best to not even use it til you are really comfortable with the AM in my opinion. If you use BD to start the AM and never set another target on fire you can spam Mass D, FC, and FB indefinitely without ever losing TA/power regen or volatility.

I was advocating changes to AH in the testing thread mainly for this reason.
    • Like x 1
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm not talking about extending per se. The effects of Volatility and Thermal Absorption proc off burning targets. If targets aren't burning, you don't get the extra damage or the power regeneration.
  15. Streven Dedicated Player

You do get power regeneration and volatility stays active. I wasn't aware of any procs I'll have to look at that.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

That's my experience running solos. Noticed it when I would move too quickly and started hitting non-burning targets while waiting on Inferno to come off cooldown. No interruption in FB spam, but I'd still lose the AM. That's something that, naturally, wasn't apparent practicing on the sparring targets. Tooltip states it plainly, though.
  17. Streven Dedicated Player

I have some video for you to check out if you're willing. Will take a little while to upload but it clearly shows power regen and extra damage on targets that aren't burning. Plus moving from group to group and effects stay active. I'll update when it's ready.
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how is fire now with GU49?

PS glad you guys getting to whoop *** ;) (you long time fire peeps)
    • Like x 1
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting. That's not what I was seeing.
  20. Streven Dedicated Player

I've noticed this ever since the last Fire update when BD was introduced and I didn't see any different functionality with 49. I will say that Thermal Absorption has to hit a burning target though so it really messes with you when the AM functions two different ways with two different powers (AH vs BD).
    • Like x 1