FFXIV PHASE 4 BETA

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Duragon, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Meta Flare New Player

Yay for chocobo naming.

Boo for no hide weapons for pugilist. I better get some Tifa gloves then or else...
  2. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Thanks Duragon for the forum listing. I do like the Zam forum. I find it more organized than the basic one I have been using.
    • Like x 1
  3. Duragon Committed Player

Not a problem, you're most welcome.
  4. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Right now I'm torn between Leviathan and Hyperion. Even tho Hyperion is a legacy server I like the fact that there are a lot of players already dedicated to end game. I also like that they have a well established community that can help with newer players that are joining the game. However joining a newer server doesn't mean that they don't have experienced players or any of the above. I might just create a toon on each server and test out both communities.
  5. Duragon Committed Player

6. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Something to help out those new and old. Better quality coming your way after the NDA is lifted in Phase 4. Until then, this will help those wanting to make that perfect build, but don't know what moves the other classes have that can benefit you.
    • Like x 1
  7. Duragon Committed Player

Thanks for the vid... building a MAR and completely forgot about that evade skill.
    • Like x 1
  8. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

np, we got some more coming up, but the NDA is preventing a lot of people from uploading actual video footage as you already know.
  9. MercPony Devoted Player

I'm currently in a situation where I can't really pay for more than one sub on a game so I was likely going to try FF14's PS4 release. Not to mention too busy to even try the open beta lol Heck I barely got time for DCUO these days.

From what I seen and heard from friends in the beta sounds/looks to be a pretty fun game though I am honestly looking more forward to ESO (and also I didn't enjoy FF11 all that much). I'd be late to the ballgame, but hope to see some people whenever its out for PS4 :)
  10. Meta Flare New Player

Ff xi and ffxiv couldn't be more different,so don't base your judgement on that.
  11. Duragon Committed Player

Well.... that's all she wrote. Phase 3 beta has ben shutdown. Goodbye character. Hello desparate waiting until phase 4, lol. This is what information I've gathered from various websites so far:

On August 1st, the character creation model will be opened. You can play around and make your character in peace knowing that no one else is already playing and gaining experience while you figure out if you really want the elf with the white hair or the cat-girl with the red hair, lol.

On or around August 8th, the producer letter will be released from none other than Yoshi himself.

Some sites are saying that phase 4 open beta should start a few days after (between 5 to 7 days after) or around August 16th. Speculation with some other trusted sites says I think that's a lot of wasted time, and I know they want to glitch test PVP, so I have a feeling they will keep true to the Friday beta starts like this past phase 3 and open phase 4 on a Friday, August 9th (gives us longer than a week to make a character and starting only one day after the producer letter).

Some sites are saying that they will then give us early access only 3 to 5 days before the release date. If you follow my outline above, and we start phase 4 on August 9th, I think it will end on the 15th... one week of open beta testing. I do believe they will shutdown for the week of the 16th to the 22nd and make any final changes. Which means that early access, in my opinion, will start on August 23rd (again, a Friday)... and give us 4 days before the release.

Keep in mind that all things you do in phase 4 WILL carry over to the early access and then the release.

I hope to see a lot of you on Leviathan and can't wait to start playing with you. Thanks all.
    • Like x 2
  12. Objeckt Well-Known Player

It was a very fun beta. Met a lot of good people. My character is resting in peace in Haukke Manor. 3-4 weeks until we can make new characters and get started on the game (hope Arcanist is in before launch). Gotta find a new game to play until then though.
    • Like x 1
  13. Duragon Committed Player

All the gear and weapons were in this past beta for Arcanist as well as Summoner and Scholar, so I see no reason for then not to release it on the day the game releases.
  14. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Yeah I was trying out crafting in the beta and had to make some books that were the arcanist weapons. It'll probably be in open beta but they haven't confirmed it yet.
  15. Duragon Committed Player

I've read and seen some shots of Elder Scrolls Online... and although I Ioved Skyrim, what got Skyrim the game of the year award was the leveling skill system and it's perks. This will not be transferring over in it's entirety to the online game, which is a bummer. The game looks beautiful... and a lot more serious than FFXIV (lalafell are too cute, lol) and the background and back story is a lot more gritty and adult-ish in ESO than in FFXIV (if adult-ish is even a word, lol). It's also big... comparable to FFXIV if not even bigger... and being mainly a PC title means they will come through with the DLC's as promosed.

That being said... in a video I saw where a guy explained combat... it's like clicking left button on the mouse to attack, right button if for 5 of your preset abilities (or "loadouts") and one special move (or "supercharge") if you will. You can change your loadout on the fly, just not while in battle I believe. Clicking on the left button to attack I have yet to figure out if you need to click it a hundred times or if it's automatic... but the loadout system and supercharge system remind me of DC... but boring, without weapon combos (the weapon combo of DCUO was, to me, the end all be all stand out of the game... although I have issues with the entire game in general, with more glitches than the world..... the combat weapons system in DC I loved).

So... combat in ESO might be blah. FFXIV in beta has already spoiled me with 16 abilities on a hotbar, with 10 hotbars available right then and there (160 ablilites), including macros and commands put into just one button.... not to mention the fact that each ability interacts with other abilities and if you have a subjob leveled, you can use some of their abilities as well in the "additional" slots.... just a lot more advanced than anything we're seen in a game in a while.

(sorry, off on a tangent) Anyway... as the video continues, they go into a bunch of other things but one other thing did disappoint me a whole lot. A very big disappointment.... they say "new" technology and "better" than other MMO's... is the "Megaserver" system, where everyone is on the same server, just different "phases"...... .... sound like another game we know? Yup... ESO will be a megaserver, with phases, just like DC. I'm not a fan of it at all. That and the fact that all different consoles will be different servers... Xbox on theirs, PS on theirs, PC/Mac on theirs. I really like that fact that anyone in the world on whatever console or PC they use can play on the same server for FFXIV. I love the translator function... love the chat box.

I'm at work on my phone now, but I'll post up that video when I get on my laptop at home. I think I have it bookmarked or saved somewhere.

It is a pretty game though... I'll give you that. And I'm sure the story will be very good as well.
    • Like x 1
  16. Duragon Committed Player

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Arcanist wasn't coming out until the August 27th release date, but I can't find it now. If you're right about it releasing in open beta, then we all have a huge advantage during the early access, w00t^^, lol.
  17. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Haha yeah as far as I know its supposed to be the finished game in phase 4 and everything gets carried over to launch. They said its not guaranteed though and they could wipe the data, arcanist might not be ready, etc. Its likely they just don't want to give a guarantee in case there's some game breaking bug they find and have to go back on their word.

I'm just trying to figure out whats up with the jobs. If you look at arcanist, it can turn into either scholar or summoner, making it the only class with 2 jobs. Makes me wonder if they're going to add more jobs in at the release, like pugilist can be a ninja or thief or something.
  18. Duragon Committed Player

Yoshi confirmed this... each class will have more than one job. Arcanist is the first of them. Gladiator will have a dd job, archer should have a "ranger" job, etc.

I love thief. I'm sure they'll have a thief job. But, to be honest, I would think it would be with a rogue class, like archer. I honestly don't know...

oh man. Did this thread just become a "which job is next out of which class" thread? o.0 ...lol
  19. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Haha I don't know what it is but i think its funny its on the DCUO forum. Its like a "I have 3 weeks until FF14 and I don't want to play DCUO but I'll use their forum" thread.

But yeah, I'm waiting for a class that uses a gun. Museteer, corsair, either one. I saw those being mentioned by yoshi along with ninja, samurai and dark knight.
    • Like x 1
  20. Duragon Committed Player

Dark Knight will probably be Marauder's damage job, as will samurai.

Ninja can come from Pugilist, I see the hand-to-hand thing together. Most of the weapons that PUG uses look like old-school ninja hand weapons anyway.

Musketeer and corsair (I loved my corsair in FFXI) should come from Archer class... again, a rogue class (pirates and bushwackers, lol).