female Black Manta chest -_-

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There is no misunderstanding. We have heard your feedback.
    • Like x 5
  2. Compound Omega Level 30

I think this is the perfect place for my request: I would like to have the body style of Mayor Gordon with the movement mode of Johnny Quick!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Wow, some of you, just... wow.

Meg, please keep doing what you're doing.

If a couple of styles here and there offer more variety for the masses while being unappealing to a few, they'll live.

The benefits of the work you're doing here can't really be overstated.

I, for one, appreciate having more options instead of less. Even if it means some styles won't work or be appealing for my character.

I mean seriously, some of you seem to think they should work to please you and your demands, the rest of the player base be darned.

That's not how things work. Ever.
    • Like x 12
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Some of us what? We want the devs to respect the body shape of the characters we created when it comes to styles or at least not tragically change them?
    HOW CAN WE!
    If I want my character to look like a child sprite, I'd use the sprite body. If I have medium monarch, well thats the body I want for the styles.
    I said I'm fine with some adjustments and I love Meg's work and trust her vision. Just dont want things go to the extremes like Exobite style. I really wanted that style but it completely changes my character body.
    I take customization very seriously, I spend money in body, names, power, personality changes... so I want the devs to respect that when creating styles. I don't think we are asking for anything crazy right here.
    • Like x 3
  5. Isif Committed Player

So, when female astronauts spacewalk, do they complain because they can't fully look like a woman doing it? Just a thought. I think the neutral styles are a welcome change.
    • Like x 2
  6. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Im always confused by posts like this to be honest.
    You take customisation seriously, maybe too seriously, either way thats fine, thats what you're into.
    But THINK about the argument you're trying to make here:

Black manta in a hawaian shirt and slacks:
    Yes, body parts should be freely flapping about, male and female

Black manta in a high tech strategically designed depth resistant survival suit:
    ..... No. Just no flapping about, its designed so there is no flapping about. Specifically. Parts get pushed down and back and all kinds of angles. Male and female too.

I think this could easily be resolved by asking you to do something irl. Go try on a wetsuit.
    If its happening with styles that it shouldnt be then there might be an issue, but ive both male and female toons and neither are a disappointment at all. Its stellar work from the devs and art team and makes sense.
    • Like x 4
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

And yet, there are no body choices with anything other than large busts are there? Are there tall models with average or small busts? No, there aren't.

And here's Meg trying to offer MORE customization to more people, but all you see is what you want and don't want.

Please please PLEASE stop talking like you're the only one who cares about costume customization, and that somehow your belief in caring so much means you have a right to have every style work for you the way you want.

Disavow yourself of the above idea. It's not true. you're not the only one who plays the game. Being limited from a couple of styles because they don't work with your character design wishes so that others who ARE looking for that design is not the end of the world.

Seriously you act like this is some kind of personal insult towards you.

All they're doing is trying to offer more options, not less.

If the style doesn't work for you, then congratulations on joining the rest of us, who enjoy customizing but realize that not every look works for what we want to do. You'll live.

Enough with the whining.

Yes. Yes you are. It's exactly what you're doing.
    • Like x 6
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Oh my.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Is there a part 2 too this? I want to know what you talked about :)
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

FTFY
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks I'm on my phone so that helped ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. myandria Item Storage

Wow..

What a rollercoaster ride off the rails this thread has become!

I can see both sides of this issue: on the one hand it would be nice if body types did not have to be adjusted because of the way a new style fits certain body types. On the other hand, the devs seem to be limited to what they can and cannot do, even though they would like to accommodate our concerns on this matter.

I think DCUO is ready for "Body Sliders* at this point; they would allow players to truly customize the proportions of their characters (to the size limits set by the art teams, of course). When I use body sliders in other MMO's (PC and console), I can quickly see how certain body types affect the look of any piece of gear and adjust accordingly if the issue of clipping comes up.
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The problem with adding body sliders is that they would have to completely overhaul character creation, the body models, every style piece in the game, and quite possibly parts of the game engine. That would take months if not a year or three at this point.
    • Like x 2
  14. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Well tbh I think this maybe a blessing in disguise. How much extra effort would it be to make an additional version more apt to current body models?

We've been limited because of the game engine to a very very limited look for our toons. This may be a easier work around than completely redesigning the graphics. A piece meal method might be all we can do, but judging how this looks into I don't mind at all.

It's a great version for that body type. Wnat if we had more styles with multiple choices.
    • Like x 2
  15. Kestral Committed Player

Damn I would love a new body type for my character. I've wanted a less chesty design since the beginning. Granted not as flat as they seem to be going for as an alternative but still a bit less would be a nice option on existing styles.
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Not every single style is going to be for every single character/toon/player - variety is variety. We are all not the same toon

If they release a style that is not *exactly* what you want then move on - there are hundreds of them now... be inventive
    • Like x 3
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

*Sigh*

I want to apologise to everyone, but Megs in particular. Every time I offer feedback even on a trifling issue such as this, it always seems to go to places I neither expect nor want. And a trifling issue it is. I’m more concerned now with the fact that the belt is clipping at the front on monarchs, but I don’t expect I can get that looked into after the trouble and probable upset I’ve caused, yet again. I swear I’m not doing this on purpose. Sorry everyone. :(
    • Like x 3
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

some people have a hard time expessing themselves without being rude.:mad:
  19. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Chin up 9001BPM, they are professionals, they should be able to handle the positive and negative reviews of their work. Some may like the new look, some may hate it, neither player is wrong as it is completely subjective.

If I could offer any other additional advice, it would be directly to Meg. Just keep creating!!!! The fact that anyone notices what you are doing, and forms an opinion based on what you do, implies you are doing great things and generating interest. We the players, have taken notice your work, as is evident in this thread and others. I think I can safely say the vast majority of us, are very happy you are part of the team and that you are so responsive here on the forums. Kudos to you for breathing life into the game.

Cheers all, happy Friday!
    • Like x 6
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m starting to think I’m one of them, sorry :S

I hope so, I was just giving feedback because I was mildly disappointed, but it blew up in my face like it usually does because I always fail to fully anticipate the potential reactions to what I say. :/
    • Like x 1