female Black Manta chest -_-

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Megzilla Developer

"Dear Journal, today at work I talked about...."
    • Like x 11
  2. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Well, I think Manta's chestplate is pretty heavy and all so some stuff has to be really squeezed underneath lol, I think it looks reasonable, Exobyte one looked awful though.
    • Like x 1
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

I had to dust this one off just for you....

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

It's another design for men trying to make it fit for women instead of giving the woman something different.
    • Like x 1
  5. Megzilla Developer

[IMG]

Nope!
    • Like x 3
  6. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Can we see that in the larger version please?
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I respect you very much, Megzilla. But are we playing a superhero game or a realistic life simulator here?

You might want to contact DC comics and tell them this idea about more realistic body shapes, and get them to change catwoman, wonderwoman and pretty much any other superhero ever created in a comic.

Are the guys on the chopping board next, to tone down their buttocks and give them more realistic muscle shapes instead of the bursting, muscular look?
    • Like x 1
  8. Megzilla Developer

DC signs off on our models. They seem to be fine with it. If you really want to have a discussion about it you can PM me.
    • Like x 5
  9. ChillCat Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Is there a problem with discussing styles that look unattractive to many?
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intention. I'm just relaying what I think many of us grew up with as being a superhero. Realistic? No. But hey, neither is throwing fireballs from your hands. However, I was just leaving my 2 cents. Again, I apologize.
  12. ChillCat Loyal Player

When you start telling one of the Lead Designers to get in touch with DC to check if her designs are appropriate, this thread has gone way the hell off track from just "discussing styles".

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I wonder if they're ok with signing off on Kim Kardashian oversized overstuffed dinged up diaper butt. You know? to go along with the sack of potatoes body type:rolleyes:
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I was obviously not being serious about actually contacting them, lol. It just came to mind because I read an article very recently about a movement that demanded DC change the artwork for catwoman, wonder woman and others to reflect more realistic female body types, and DC basically told them to forget about it. I was merely saying, 'when has DC ever worried about realistic proportions, for any superhero, male or female, in their comics?" Does Superman have a realistic body proportion? Deathstroke? Doomsday? Solomon Grundy? Anyone?
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

Anyways, if I'd care for realistic proportions I'd be damned. I dont care about reality I like to play a sexy superheroine, curves and all.
    In fact I run from reality lol dont ruin my fantasy world.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

DC Comics draws different female characters very differently. Appearance being subjective, we like to add variety and possibilities as we add new styles. Not all styles will appeal to all players, and we accept and expect this.
    • Like x 7
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

To add to this: Power Girl has the shape she has because when they initially showed her with realistic proportions...the comic didn’t sell. They switch to the megabusty look, instant sales!

So yeah, no wonder DC told them no to that. Aside from the characters being iconic as they are.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ouch! xD On the bright side, the Abyssal belt is a winner! Finally ditched that ugly old utility belt :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

I think there's a little missunderstanding here.
    It's not about the style itself, its about ignoring our characters body shape and making a completly different body just because one personal vision.
    Please, for upcoming styles RESPECT OUR CHARACTERS ORIGINAL BODY. If there's need for an adjustment, please let it be minimal. When in doubt, please SHOW CONSISTENCY, it's all we are really asking here. Dont change our characters body.
    • Like x 2
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

After what Mepps said I can kind of see both sides of the issue. I'm with you. Try to keep things as middle of the road as possible.

However, thinking more about it, I can see where Meg might be coming from, as far as personal vision. To create their best work, artists sometimes need to get excited about something. I'm a writer, so I can kind of understand. If a project's style guide says, "write this way," but it's not really what you're imagining for the piece, it's doable, but the quality doesn't always make you feel proud.

So maybe Meg makes some sketches, imagines, and goes for what she thinks matches the character style the best. That's why I said I respect her PoV, even if I don't necessarily share it. Just like with oatmeal-raisin cookies.

(Here is a creepy gif apology if Meg gets around to reading this)

[IMG]

(did you guys see the SNL version of this video, btw?)
    • Like x 5