feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balton hero, Jul 6, 2018.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm not touching that whole LPvE mess at all. I can't think of any solution to that won't anger someone. But we can't keep holding back progress in other areas just because some people are going ro get upset when they resort to these types of solutions. The whole point of the Augment system is to make things convenient for all, including themselves. Any solution that forces them to maintain legacy systems goes counter to the point of making things convenient for themselves.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You read that wrong. You got exactly what you deserved...you are now asking for something extra that is not owed to you simply because they've chosen the easier route in regards to now defunct feats. You are not entitled to more...fact. End of story.
    • Like x 1
  3. Balton hero Committed Player

Not about hurt feelings, it's about my toons not being as strong as I've earned.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Your toons didn't become weaker just because Tom, Dick & Harry all of a sudden got 10 unearned skill points. And I'm willing to bet that majority of people who got these "unearned" feats are still lagging behind in stat points...which further invalidates the false narrative you just tried to pass by me.
    • Like x 4
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How about a t-shirt or base item saying 'No freebie getting slacker!' or a title 'The Grinder' or something you get if you had all the feats already when the change was pushed out. No extra SP, just something to make having ground it out feel like you got something. Personally I've never gotten any freebie feat on my main due to the grind, and my few secondary high CR toons had already spent the replays to get them. I'm sure i'll get these on my low level alts, but who cares there?

Again, it's not a matter of not wanting others NOT to get the feats....they cannot be completed now, I get it, just it would be nice to have something other than the memory of 2 or 3 extra SP along the way. There was a lot of time involved (and in come cases money) in grinding these out. I can tell you it will make me think twice about bothering in the future.

It's got me thinking of using my 170 advance just to get the 20K exos feat....wasn't using it up till now, but what the heck....gotta get mine too!

Reinheld
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Holding back progress isn't what i'm asking for, making it work from the get go is where the focus needs to be. LPVE among many other areas relevant to this topic have had very strong feedback right off the start in terms of grind versus worth, yet nothing ever happened to make it better, so people took on the grind.

There needs to be something done about what's wrong instead of letting people grind through it, milk people off it and then release it for free/remove it down the road when they suddenly start realizing that something people have had strong, negative feedback about for a long time doesn't work no more.

Feel free to tell me last time they had a clear direction for the game that actually kept progressing forward and not ultimately ended up lead us backwards down the road. I'll even get you some of those darn raisin cookies if you can answer that. :)
  7. Balton hero Committed Player

I never said my toons were weaker, I said they were weaker than they earned. There's a difference. And again, idc if other people get the sp, where they are at in terms of sp or anything else about others. I just want what I earned. All that time and effort spent trying to make my toons stronger that I could have spent getting them stronger with different feats has now been wasted.
    Yeah. Right. End of story just because you say it is. Sure. Fact, just because you say it is. Sure, sure. Except for that pesky little FACT, that I AM owed and entitled to the fruits of my labor. I have not received that. As I said above, it truly doesn't matter that I put the effort in, if I hadn't, I would be just As strong, actually stronger now, because not only would I have gotten those 10 sp anyway, I would also have gotten whatever sp I got from the time I no longer had to spend grinding.
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Wow! Really? That's very odd, because my main didn't lose ANYTHING when people collected the ten whole skill points that he earned earlier. Are you sure your character got weaker?
    • Like x 4
  9. Balton hero Committed Player

Sure did. Lost all the sp from feats I could have gotten instead of doing a now pointless grind. So did you.
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

You got the fruits of your labour - Feats and SP. You aren't owed any more than that. You are, however, sounding very entitled.
    • Like x 2
  11. Balton hero Committed Player

Ok? And feeling entitled to your accomplishments is bad since....when, exactly? And no, I didn't get the feats or sp I earned. I got the feats and sp they gave to everyone, only I spent(wasted) time getting them.
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Since you already got the accomplishments, but now you've decided you want more than what you accomplished.

Or since you decided that nobody else is entitled to them.
    • Like x 2
  13. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Well I will chime in... why not.

Feats have routinely been given away in the past. For example:

The auto skip to various levels included feats I grinded for, should those be removed? Or should all players that earned them be given some type of bonus?

What about the feats that have been adjusted over time, like killing adds in central city. When I finally completed that feat, it had to be done solo, you couldn't even group up and gain credit for those adds killed by someone in your group...

Then there is seasonal event feats "given away" in the past, things I didn't complete in prior years...

Finally, alts have the luxury of purchasing feats earned on main toons, these were not earned on the alts, this didn't always exist. Should I receive some type of bonus just because I completed them on an alt as well as a main, when someone else purchased them?

In essence, calm down, and chill. Just about everyone in game enjoys some type of benefit from the routine adjustments the DEVs have made to "earned feats".

Happy Friday.
    • Like x 2
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nope, because when you earned them, that was the only way to get them. Now that has changed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fergjeezy357 New Player

Lol is all I have to say. The salt and entitlement is real in here. I'm surprised Mepps hasn't shut this crying thread down yet.
    • Like x 1
  16. Balton hero Committed Player

You make no sense. How exactly am I wanting more than what I accomplished? I grinded for the sp. Did I receive the sp I grinded for? Why, look, no, I didn't! I received the sp that everyone got free, and lost out on the sp I could have been going after. But I'm done with this. You don't read and the devs don't listen so I'm moving on. Lesson learned, don't go after the grindy feats because they'll just be given away later on.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea.... I'll be close to 380 after those free feats, while others will still be under 300, if that lololol
    • Like x 1
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes I read what you posted, I just disagree with what you say.

You did specific feats that were required at that time (and chose which ones you were going to do). You got the SP for grinding those feats. Yes, you got EXACTLY what you were grinding for, when you completed the grind. People who didn't grind didn't get the SP until much later. I have also seen feats that I spent time grinding awarded to other people for nothing, but it doesn't bother me, because I enjoyed the grind. I feel sorry for the people who didn't get to do it. My main still goes to CC to beat up Paradox Reapers, even though I was done with that feat long ago. Why? Because I enjoy doing it.

Now here's a scary thought... one day this game will shut down, and ALL of your grinding will be completely worthless, instantly.
    • Like x 1
  19. dresserball Dedicated Player

You didn't lose those feats. It is like saying you lost the extra money from work because you did not go in for overtime.

Now on another note. What about the feats you were able to gain because of your extra sp? Did you think about that? Did you not benefit from having the sp at that time? Or did you simply not do anything else in the game? You know you can try for feats while still running raids and getting the gear to salvage for the items for the grinding feats.

You have said your piece on it. I can see you are lossing time for feats by being on the forums. If the forums didn't exist would you have more sp? Stop yacking and make use of your time the way you see fit. Which includes saying the same old thing on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  20. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

The reward you got from your fruits and labor was the 10 SP that you grinded out, and you surely got them before almost everybody else that didn’t grind them out. That’s your own personal accomplishment.

Grinding out the feats wasn’t nobodies choice but yours the fact that you think your characters are weaker than earned doesn’t even make sense. How would you feel if the devs took out every feat you needed, and said “too bad so sad you should’ve done them earlier”? Exactly, the only thing you’re entitled to are the feats you’ve already earned nothing more. Nothing less.